• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does LA want the Rams to move back to STL??

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it a lot better than LAX, but there are a lot fewer direct flights. If you're just going to NorCal or Vegas, it's awesome. JetBlue has a direct flight to JFK in New York, but it's only once per day.

Used to take the JetBlue direct flight from Long Beach to DC - loved it. Only flt I have taken where they boarded from both ends of the plane to speed things up. Very convenient airport. However - the problem w/ these smaller airports can be the cost and also limited amt of flights (which can be a major problem if flights are cancelled or delayed).

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it's my parents it's not as much of a problem. But when it's my older daughter?

:gaah:
I have two words for your daughter....

Uber & Lyft!

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
United stopped service to Carlsbad about two years ago, which has really screwed up my world. Because of the short runway, prop jobs only (some small Jets). Now Carlsbad has this newly redone small airport... with no friggin carriers! Airport to nowhere. It was so damn convenient too... 10 minutes from my house.

Spoiled no more.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it didn't take long for the LA fairweather fans to stop showing up:

Rams will be moving to Vegas within 10 years.....

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always thought the relocating one (let alone two) teams to LA would be problematic due to 1. tons of transplants who root for other teams 2. weather and sites that provides tons of other options on Sundays & 3. Lakers being the main draw in town & everyone else a distant second (granted a different season but still competing for the entertainment $$ & attn. of locals).

If/when the Rams/Chargers are serious contenders they will fill the seats (like any city) & still might do well during the honeymoon phase. Beyond that - don't see it unless they are doing very well on the field. Probably why an effective coach for the Rams might be worth quite a bit.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to wonder if another team would have been better in the LA market. I know the Rams have the history there but they're terrible. Got to think an expansion team or some other team may have done better. Wonder how the Chargers do if they move there.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a dumb post and tweet. If you know anything about LA sports, fans get there late because of traffic. This picture is right before kickoff. Traffic around the Coliseum, on game days, is a bitch! This is no difference than Dodgers and Lakers games.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were there cranes used, to build the Great Western Forum and the Hollywood Park race track? Im asking because that's the same site where the Rams stadium will be.

But hey, the Africans didn't use cranes for the pyramids.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a dumb post and tweet. If you know anything about LA sports, fans get there late because of traffic. This picture is right before kickoff. Traffic around the Coliseum, on game days, is a bitch! This is no difference than Dodgers and Lakers games.

So you're saying Fairweather LA Fans do not tailgate? Please, USC hasn't sold out one home game since Carroll left, which is a reflection of the fan base in LA altogether. Again, there is a reason why LA has lost an NFL franchise twice already.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying Fairweather LA Fans do not tailgate? Please, USC hasn't sold out one home game since Carroll left, which is a reflection of the fan base in LA altogether. Again, there is a reason why LA has lost an NFL franchise twice already.

Like I mentioned in my previous post LA is a unique area. Tons of potential fans are transplants & will always be loyal to the team from their hometown. Then there is the weather & proximity to fun places - why spend a fortune to watch a shitty Rams team when you can go the beach, mountains, etc? You also have a lot of competition for the entertainment dollar from other teams & events.

I don't think that the USC example is a good one. It is not as if the entire LA area rallies behind USC - only a certain percentage that are students, alumni or grew up liking the team - there are lots of other folks who don't really care about USC (& never will). I live in Alabama now & it is the exact opposite. Just about everyone rallies around Alabama or some other nearby SEC school. What else are they going to do?

You can't compare the LA area to say the Midwest or south. Apples to oranges comparison.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes they do tailgate. What does that have to do with anything?

This stuff is not new with LA sports. Just look at a Lakers or a Dodgers game at tip-off. I don't think you understand LA traffic.

And LA losing 2 franchises wasn't because of fan support.