• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does it Irk You??

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That the media is still in love with Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, and Justin Williams, and constantly refer to them as Flyers West??? Like its some kind of accomplishment or alternative for being eliminated! I'm sorry but those players have been gone for a few years now and the butt hurtness needs to stop already, they are Kings as far as I'm concerned, a very potent Kings team that has nothing to do with the Flyers! Do the Blue Jackets take pride in watching Jake Voracek develop into a sniper with the flyers instead of with them?? Hell NO! Then neither do we with any accomplishments the Kings achieve, no matter what they win there is not trophy going in our case! I respect the hell outta them and do not take away any credit from them, it's all on thier own merit, no one elses! I hate the media, total scum of the earth!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is at this point

I love both teams so I appreciate what both teams do, the media does tend to be irritating about it

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya man, I along with pretty much every flyers fan I know have forgotten all that bs with richie and carter, when I speak hockey with my hockey buds we always refer to them as the Kings, no Kings West, or any other name for that fact. The only time both richards and carter have been discussed was way back when they were traded a few years back, and there are no hard feelings remaining, in our minds they are Kings, there is no attachment to the flyers anymore, the only blood sucking vampires that will not let things rest are the shitty philly media in particular along with the rest of sports media but philly sports media is the worst by far, if they could figure out a way to felate each other on camera they would!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya man, I along with pretty much every flyers fan I know have forgotten all that bs with richie and carter, when I speak hockey with my hockey buds we always refer to them as the Kings, no Kings West, or any other name for that fact. The only time both richards and carter have been discussed was way back when they were traded a few years back, and there are no hard feelings remaining, in our minds they are Kings, there is no attachment to the flyers anymore, the only blood sucking vampires that will not let things rest are the shitty philly media in particular along with the rest of sports media but philly sports media is the worst by far, if they could figure out a way to felate each other on camera they would!

Yeah like I said I love both teams, I enjoy both teams and it's fun seeing their different styles of play - I was mad when they made the trade because the Flyers flat out disrespected both of them and pulled the bait and switch on them - they baited them by saying a month prior to the trade that they weren't going anywhere and then a month later they pulled the switch on them and moved them - I didn't like that at all

That being said, both teams made a great trade and it's working out for both - both teams fans should be happy about the deals on the ice

I don't like listening to the media whenever the Kings/Flyers play, they always talk about that stuff and it's just annoying real quickly

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only when people say the flyers gave up a Stanley cup in those trades. they were great trades by the flyers. period.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It does get a little old, but it is understandable. Had Carter not ended up on LA it wouldn't have been a big deal. The Flyers West thing was more appropriate when Hextall and Gagne were there. Now its just Carter Richards and Williams and to be honest I forget Williams was here because it was so long ago.

The thing that DOES irk me is that Carter has turned into a playoff scoring machine since LA. I think it was game 3 of LA vs. CHI and the announcer said how Carter really changed into an elite player since being traded and worked much harder over the summers and said it was different from the "lazy player" he was in Philly. That REALLY bothered me. I still would do the Carter trade again and again and again, but I can just never forgive Jeff Carter for being an annual playoff ghost when we needed him the most. He was our 40 goal guy and in the spring he barely looked like a top 6 forward. I especially will never forget game 6 if he could have just lifted the puck over Niemi's pad I am convinced we win game 7 and the Cup. But the past is the past, "what ifs" are a waste of energy..

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree enough time has passed but I still cheer for Richie. Carts frustrates me but we have to remember that he was young and foolish. Either way the trades were good and in the long run better for Philly...

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Carchidi has a love affair with stirring up shit and mentioning Flyers past. Unfollowing him has been heaven.

The comparisons are going to be drawn until Carter and Richards are separated and the media will conveniently forget that we wouldn't have had a Quick calibre goalie or a Doughty calibre defenseman.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or a center the caliber of Anze Kopitar. Don't forget that.

Carchidi and panotch are hacks. There's literally 0 reason to follow either of them.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or a center the caliber of Anze Kopitar. Don't forget that.

Carchidi and panotch are hacks. There's literally 0 reason to follow either of them.

Gee is the caliber of Kopitar I believe :nod: