• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

does it bother anyone else ....

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... that yoon, an average kicker at best, replaces pinkett as nd's all time scorer?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Why would it.

A kicker putting up those numbers means your offense is putting up points. If you find that problematic I don’t know what to tell you.

Also he was one of the highest rated kickers in his class if not the no. 1. I reject your contention he is “average at best”.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Why would it.

A kicker putting up those numbers means your offense is putting up points. If you find that problematic I don’t know what to tell you.

Also he was one of the highest rated kickers in his class if not the no. 1. I reject your contention he is “average at best”.

perhaps 'average at best" is a little over the top, but he's nothing special imo. he was fortunate enough to begin as the starter in his freshman year so his cumulative numbers are good but he's not a strong kicker and i'll be surprised if he does anything in the pros.
i guess i just think the idea of any kicker being a leading scorer on a team is deceptive.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps 'average at best" is a little over the top, but he's nothing special imo. he was fortunate enough to begin as the starter in his freshman year so his cumulative numbers are good but he's not a strong kicker and i'll be surprised if he does anything in the pros.
i guess i just think the idea of any kicker being a leading scorer on a team is deceptive.
But that’s true in most programs. They get a PAT for every touchdown and 3pts for every field goal. Whereas the rest of the offensive points are distributed around.

You’ll often see kickers, especially 4 year starters at or near the top in total points scored.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that’s true in most programs. They get a PAT for every touchdown and 3pts for every field goal. Whereas the rest of the offensive points are distributed around.

You’ll often see kickers, especially 4 year starters at or near the top in total points scored.
ergo my initial sentiment. it seems either unfair or 'scoring leaders' doesn't mean much in football.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ergo my initial sentiment. it seems either unfair or 'scoring leaders' doesn't mean much in football.
By that sentiment QBs shouldn’t get credit for passing yards for receivers’ YAC, but they do.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scoring leaders really don't mean much in football. Most teams have a kicker at the top of that list.