• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers interest in Abreu

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some rumors floating out there that the Dodgers are interested in Abreu. Since these rumors have been floating for some time now, I have to wonder if it's just smoke and no fire, but you never know. One consideration I hope is not in the works would be to trade fellow Cubans - Abreu for Puig. Not that I've seen or heard any specific trade rumor involving these two, I'm just not for it and hope this doesn't materialize. The normally stout and healthy Abreu had a down year both with general production and in missing games due to injury. But he's still a clubhouse leader and I suspect he's going to bounce back next year, stats-wise.

Puig? Hey, the guy has his moments when he can be a force with his bat, and he has one of the strongest arms in baseball, as he plays a mean RF. With the non-tender to Avi Garcia, we now have an opening at that position. Both players have one year remaining before entering free agency, so that's a wash there. And this seems at face value like a trade that would benefit both clubs. But I have one simple, but important reason why I would not like to see this trade take place, and that's because Puig is a fucking head case. And the last thing we need on this still-developing ballclub is a headcase.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... the deal certainly would not be Abreu for Puig straight-up.