• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers' Farm System

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured we should have sticky thread about what's going on in the minors.

For starters, there's going to be a huge overhaul of the coaching staffs: The long & the short of Dodgers minor league staffs

That's 10 coaches who will be replaced. Kapler and Byrnes should be busy this winter.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody Bellinger is an absolute stud.

Quakes won the CAL League championship by sweeping San Jose (Giants affiliate)!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standout performers, early obstacles, and future projection for the Dodgers' 2015 draft class

David Hood, as far as I understand, is not a Dodgers guy. I think he's just an amateur scout in OKC (where the Dodgers new AAA team is now located), so that's why he's writing for TBLA. Point is, he's not a homer and doesn't have any skin in the game that might influence him to be a homer. Therefore, I tend to be a fan of his prospect write-ups.

Do yourself a favor and read it, he did a great job.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the guy who runs the Dodgers' draft and makes all the picks:

Amateur Scouting Director Billy Gasparino said:
"We love Abdullah, he's a priority sign. We think he's the prototype projectable high school pitcher with arm action, fastball and delivery. He's a target signing for us."

Magic leads Dodgers' push to sign Abdullah

That's all from June 10th, by the way.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking the 30 Minor League Systems Statistically | FanGraphs Baseball

Dodgers are ranked 8th. It's not an end-all-be-all ranking, as the author notes. One thing that the Dodgers will need to focus on is keeping the pipeline going. The organization didn't give up any big names in trades, but there's quite a list of guys who got promoted. Pederson, Seager, Yimi Garcia, Pedro Baez as obvious ones. Then you gotta figure that the likes of Austin Barnes and Jose Peraza are on track for the bigs in 2016. Zach Lee, Joe Wieland, Jharel Cotton, Jose de Leon, and Julio Urias are also not too far away from the bigs at this point. Chris Anderson could probably be a big league reliever next year if the organization decided to do that.

The influx of international signings should help maintain the depth and pretty soon the Korean and Japanese guys will start having their names thrown around in the offseason shopping sprees, too. (Shohei Otani, come on down!) Really looking forward to seeing what the Dodgers get out of Yadier Alvarez and the rest of the July 2 guys.

The ownership seems to be keen on having a smaller payroll eventually, but I have a hard time seeing them reigning in their international spending any time soon. It's one of the strongest tools that this organization has.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For those who don't know how the organizational flowchart goes, it's something like this:

Mark Walter --> writes the checks

Stan Kasten --> HNIC of pretty much everything and everyone connected to Dodgers.

Andrew Friedman --> Answers to Kasten, would be "GM" on any other team.

Farhan Zaidi --> So-called "GM" but he's basically an assistant GM to Friedman with a focus on MLB level transactions and roster construction.

Josh Byrnes --> So called "VP" but in a way he's a co-assistant-GM with Zaidi, but his focus is on the farm.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that you draft the best player available in the MLB draft but I hope we use 2 out of the 3 1st rounders on position players. Our Minors pitching staff is sick.

There again, if we come out with 3 stud pitchers, I am happy with that of course as well.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that you draft the best player available in the MLB draft but I hope we use 2 out of the 3 1st rounders on position players. Our Minors pitching staff is sick.

There again, if we come out with 3 stud pitchers, I am happy with that of course as well.

The MLB draft is not like the NFL draft. You don't draft from a position of need.

And the minors pitchers are only good until they start "graduating" - Urias, De Leon, Cotton, Stripling, Anderson... these guys are getting real close. The pipeline behind them needs to constantly be refreshed - and I'm quite pleased with the abundance of international signings to address this. You gotta feel real good about the farm system right now.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know where some of our top international players are going to play this year?

I saw that Diaz is at Rancho Cucamunga and that Estevez is at Great Lakes.
What about:

Alvarez
Heredia
Brito

Thanks!

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urias is absolutely making the Pacific Coast League look like a joke... that's currently 22 consecutive scoreless innings. 1.25 ERA 0.81 WHIP 36 IP 39 SO 8 BB

It's gotta be coming soon, no?

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urias is absolutely making the Pacific Coast League look like a joke... that's currently 22 consecutive scoreless innings. 1.25 ERA 0.81 WHIP 36 IP 39 SO 8 BB

It's gotta be coming soon, no?
Yeah, he's kinda forcing the team to do something. Still hasn't pitched more than six innings (I think he is capped at 80 pitches) but what good does it do for him to just mow people down for 80 pitches then sit? I think I saw a tweet that during this scoreless 22 innings he's only given up 10 hits and 4 of them didn't make it out of the infield.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't know Francis Cespedes was with the Dodgers. Last word on him was that he signed with the Rangers in 2013.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alvarez has been getting rave reviews

Urias is the best prospect in baseball, any question right now?