• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doc Rivers isnt that good

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take it as far as the OP bc he makes it seem like Rivers is an average coach, that isn't the case. Stevens is better but Rivers is still a very good coach in this league. X's and O's Stevens is better hands down.
Quite frankly, I dont think the coaching is the problem. The Leonard and George duo in my opinion simply isnt qood as people thought it would be when the season started and the bench is something I thought was overrated as well

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers best year as a coach was last year.
Rivers is one the best coaches in the NBA. The team not so much. The combination of Leonard and George duo is not as good as many thought it would be in the summer. I also believe as I did in the Summer the Clippers have some really good bench players most of them are weak. The Clippers in my opinion lack the chemistry needed and are still a few players short

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know why this league keeps recycling the same coaching trash over and over at various teams

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Rivers is overrated

He is, but he's not as overrated as some want to suggest.

I typically have 3 tiers of coaches.

The first tier is the coaches that can get you a title.

The 2nd tier are the "Del Harris types" who can turn your team around and get you to the playoffs. But can't get you a title.

The 3rd tier is bad coaches.

I may have to add another tier for coaches like Doc Rivers and probably Ty Lue. Coaches who are 2nd tier coaches, but got lucky with a stacked team 1 year and got a title.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 2nd tier are the "Del Harris types" who can turn your team around and get you to the playoffs. But can't get you a title.

I may have to add another tier for coaches like Doc Rivers and probably Ty Lue. Coaches who are 2nd tier coaches, but got lucky with a stacked team 1 year and got a title.

Definitely, the OP's view is exaggerated. I still think he is a very good coach but most act like he is one of the best. Like you said, he isn't in the Tier 1.

Reactions: DJ

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers is one the best coaches in the NBA. The team not so much. The combination of Leonard and George duo is not as good as many thought it would be in the summer. I also believe as I did in the Summer the Clippers have some really good bench players most of them are weak. The Clippers in my opinion lack the chemistry needed and are still a few players short
What do you bse Rivers being one of the best coaches in the NBA?

Sure, I have in my top 30, and I think he does an alright job, but I wouldn't be happy if my team signed him. He got one title because Garnett made Perkins man up by cursing him out so bad he cried on the bench.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you bse Rivers being one of the best coaches in the NBA?

Sure, I have in my top 30, and I think he does an alright job, but I wouldn't be happy if my team signed him. He got one title because Garnett made Perkins man up by cursing him out so bad he cried on the bench.
personally I thought Rivers was a great coach in both Boston and LA until now, but he obviously has to be fired. He does make a lot of whiny excuses though

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally I thought Rivers was a great coach in both Boston and LA until now, but he obviously has to be fired. He does make a lot of whiny excuses though

They have plenty of coaches in waiting on that staff to step in if needed.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone is just forgetting how far he got this same team with no stars on it last year?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. This weird-ass season will give lots of people a mulligan.
They already said Rivers will return...as Leonard came to the Clippers because he wanted to be coached by Rivers

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard can George should have been much better
Um...I meant LAST year. With no stars at all Doc got them to 48 wins in the West and took the KD Warriors to 6 games. You get what "no stars" meant in my initial comment right? Last year was Doc's best IMO

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um...I meant LAST year. With no stars at all Doc got them to 48 wins in the West and took the KD Warriors to 6 games.
Sorry, and I understand what the guy has done for the Clippers. And up til now I thought he was a really good coach as we discussed, but up 3 to 1, those players imo quit on him. He made no real adjustments, they didn't play on either side on offense or defense. And yet

they are bringing him back because Leonard wants to play for Rivers.

That is an organization in trouble...and Im just glad its them and not the Lakers for a change.

Now for next year it could be much tougher

Lakers will improve
The splash brothers should bring the warriors back into the mix
Dont rely on the Spurs being irrelevant long
its going to be brutal, but for this year the Clippers have no excuses

• Poop
Reactions: DJ