• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doc Rivers isnt that good

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has Stevens ever won? He's had better talent than Rivers for the most part

giphy.gif

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice season and a lot of toughness out of the group. Stevens is a better X's and O's guy. What about Stevens taking a young team to the WCF's two years in a row? I don't get your point, we are talking X's and O's
You keep saying xs and os like that proves something. What makes you think Stevens is better at that? What's your evidence?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@msgkings322 what makes Doc a better coach? Bc he won a championship with KG, Pierce and Ray Ray. What makes him a better X's and O's guy? Ty Lue won a championship, does that make him a better coach than Stevens...I have explained myself. Tell me why Rivers is better. I'll wait

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers instills toughness? Maybe years ago, but he has let the super stars on this team walk all over him. They are load managing and it is going to come back and bite them in the ass come playoff time. Come the big games against really good teams, the Clippers are still going to try to figure out how to be playing with each other and also getting used to playing a full game and playing so frequently. It's a coin flip on whether or not Leonard or Paul George and playing most nights.

I heard PG pulled a muscle last night and that was why he didn't play most of the second half. Probably pulled a damn muscle because his body this season isn't used to playing at a high level for such a long period of time, because he sits out most of their games.

The Clippers have a loaded roster but none of them know how to play with each other yet and the playoffs are vastly approaching. They wont get things figured out by the post season, and they will be expected to learn how to play with each other during big game 5's 6's and 7's against competition equally or better than Boston.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers didn't have as much talent???

In Orlando he had Grant Hill, McGrady, Darrell Armstrong, a young Mike Miller and never won a playoff series

In Boston he had KG, Pierce and Ray Ray, Rondo...

Went to LA...Chris Paul, Griffin, DJ...

A couple years with less talent now he has Kawhi and PG

Stevens best player he ever had on the Celtics was arguably Kyrie, not very long. He had I.T. who now is a nobody. Now he has Kemba in his first year. Rivers has been a coach much longer but he's some very talented teams and individual players

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers instills toughness? Maybe years ago, but he has let the super stars on this team walk all over him. They are load managing and it is going to come back and bite them in the ass come playoff time. Come the big games against really good teams, the Clippers are still going to try to figure out how to be playing with each other and also getting used to playing a full game and playing so frequently. It's a coin flip on whether or not Leonard or Paul George and playing most nights.

I heard PG pulled a muscle last night and that was why he didn't play most of the second half. Probably pulled a damn muscle because his body this season isn't used to playing at a high level for such a long period of time, because he sits out most of their games.

The Clippers have a loaded roster but none of them know how to play with each other yet and the playoffs are vastly approaching. They wont get things figured out by the post season, and they will be expected to learn how to play with each other during big game 5's 6's and 7's against competition equally or better than Boston.

The load management thing is pretty pathetic

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers keep load managing their minutes and keeping the mentality that they are just waiting until playoffs, they are going to have a rude awakening when they find themselves in the 4-6 seed range and battling some of the West's better teams early on.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The load management thing is pretty pathetic
Leonard has yet to play back to back games this year, unless he just did last night. I don't know if last night was the second of a back to back.....But regardless, ridiculous if it's only been once this year.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. He's a likeable guy, but I don't think he's that good of a coach. I was about to say he used to be, but maybe he is starting to lose his touch, but the time he had his best success was the Celtics with a loaded roster and he was only able to get 1 title and that was in a rather weak Eastern Conference.

He got out coached last night vs the Celtics. I mean, Brad Stevens was running wizardry around him. He made zero adjustments when Tatum was just zipping by his defenders, he didn't see the major mismatch for a total of about 14 game time minutes of the Celtics having ZERO low post defender and he has a mack truck in Harrell down low.

Is winning with the Clippers is in large part to having stacked rosters. Yet he hasn't really done much with them.

With each game I see of these Clippers, the more and more I am convinced they may not even make the WCF.
No arguments here

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. What exactly has he accomplished? He really would be a better fit at the collegiate level
I think he would still be a great fit at college, but I also see him fitting better at a smaller market team. Boston seemingly runs his system and they are all coachable guys and they've taken on this system of play, but at the same time there seems to be a little bit of an off fit because Boston is Boston. To me the Celtics are a big time market where stars go to play and shine and it's about the star players.

But Steven's system is so team oriented the stars don't really shine in Boston. They have them, but they've all conformed to his system and they play well together. And credit to them, that's great that they do, that is what basketball is really about, the team game, but for some reason they just seem to lack an identity at the same time. A good team, but not a great team.

I could see Stevens at a place like Utah, Denver, Detroit, Portland, OKC, etc. Those type of markets that are not going to attract big name free agents, and your success isn't built around star power and your identity isn't tied to one or two star players, but instead an entire scheme and system. I guess a place where the coach and his style is the true identity of the team and the teams success.

Boston, although has done well under Steven's watch, just seems it needs to be a star driven team rather then a coaches team. And maybe that is why there doesn't feel like it has a real true identity, even though the team plays and forms under Stevens brand of ball.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would still be a great fit at college, but I also see him fitting better at a smaller market team. Boston seemingly runs his system and they are all coachable guys and they've taken on this system of play, but at the same time there seems to be a little bit of an off fit because Boston is Boston. To me the Celtics are a big time market where stars go to play and shine and it's about the star players.

But Steven's system is so team oriented the stars don't really shine in Boston. They have them, but they've all conformed to his system and they play well together. And credit to them, that's great that they do, that is what basketball is really about, the team game, but for some reason they just seem to lack an identity at the same time. A good team, but not a great team.

I could see Stevens at a place like Utah, Denver, Detroit, Portland, OKC, etc. Those type of markets that are not going to attract big name free agents, and your success isn't built around star power and your identity isn't tied to one or two star players, but instead an entire scheme and system. I guess a place where the coach and his style is the true identity of the team and the teams success.

Boston, although has done well under Steven's watch, just seems it needs to be a star driven team rather then a coaches team. And maybe that is why there doesn't feel like it has a real true identity, even though the team plays and forms under Stevens brand of ball.
The identity of Stevens' teams is defense.

The consistency of how good Boston has been on defense since Stevens has arrived is remarkable.

Especially considering the fact that the Celtics have had some remarkably bad individual defenders during this time period like IT, Kyrie, Kanter, Greg Monroe, Tyler Zeller... along with a lot of young players.

(I know the C's have had some great individual defenders in this time period, too... but it's extremely hard to have a good, consistent team defense when you are fielding a weak link like IT)

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The identity of Stevens' teams is defense.

The consistency of how good Boston has been on defense since Stevens has arrived is remarkable.

Especially considering the fact that the Celtics have had some remarkably bad individual defenders during this time period like IT, Kyrie, Kanter, Greg Monroe, Tyler Zeller... along with a lot of young players.

(I know the C's have had some great individual defenders in this time period, too... but it's extremely hard to have a good, consistent team defense when you are fielding a weak link like IT)
I think Stevens is one of the best coaches in the league. But for some reason until he starts winning titles or is consistently dominating the East with the Celtics, there just seems to be a not perfect fit...yet. If he starts winning a title or two, or consistently gets to the Finals, then it'll seem to fit perfectly.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... for some reason...
Let's quite beating around the bush, shall we?

We all know what the "some reason" is:

giphy.gif

Before and after the time of Kyrie, Stevens has led teams that have done quite well... (I know there hasn't been much time after Kyrie, so we'll see how this post-season goes)

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's quite beating around the bush, shall we?

We all know what the "some reason" is:

giphy.gif

Before and after the time of Kyrie, Stevens has led teams that have done quite well... (I know there hasn't been much time after Kyrie, so we'll see how this post-season goes)

Kyrie and Steven was like oil and water. But also at the same time, I guess having that disappointing season last year with Kyrie, even though they didn't fit well together, sort of hurt. It just makes you wonder if he will be really good with Boston, but never great. Like always close and hovering around contention, but never breaking through and achieving the championship.

I mean Boston is Boston, they seem to be in contention no matter who their coach is, they as a franchise are just so consistent and have been so consistently good for so long (with exception of those bad years in the late 90's and just before their big 3.) that I think in order for Stevens to feel like a true Boston Celtic staple, he needs a ring with his system.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... I think in order for Stevens to feel like a true Boston Celtic staple, he needs a ring with his system.
^ I don't disagree with this at all.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@msgkings322 what makes Doc a better coach? Bc he won a championship with KG, Pierce and Ray Ray. What makes him a better X's and O's guy? Ty Lue won a championship, does that make him a better coach than Stevens...I have explained myself. Tell me why Rivers is better. I'll wait
Rivers best year as a coach was last year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. He's a likeable guy, but I don't think he's that good of a coach. I was about to say he used to be, but maybe he is starting to lose his touch, but the time he had his best success was the Celtics with a loaded roster and he was only able to get 1 title and that was in a rather weak Eastern Conference.

He got out coached last night vs the Celtics. I mean, Brad Stevens was running wizardry around him. He made zero adjustments when Tatum was just zipping by his defenders, he didn't see the major mismatch for a total of about 14 game time minutes of the Celtics having ZERO low post defender and he has a mack truck in Harrell down low.

Is winning with the Clippers is in large part to having stacked rosters. Yet he hasn't really done much with them.

With each game I see of these Clippers, the more and more I am convinced they may not even make the WCF.

Yeah, the Clips really wanted Chip Kelly, but UCLA hired him first.