• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do You Want To Know How Stupid Networks Are?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They scheduled Auburn and Alabama's bowl game at the same time on the same day. They were quaranteed the entire population of the state twice in their ratings and said no half is fine.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of them want to be there, so why do we want to watch that twice.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They scheduled Auburn and Alabama's bowl game at the same time on the same day. They were quaranteed the entire population of the state twice in their ratings and said no half is fine.

You'll be watching the Auburn game in the garage while the real fans watch Alabama on the boat.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN keeping all these games on ESPN is really going to hurt their ratings overall....especially in the South where everyone still uses bunny ears. They should put them all on ABC.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Outback and Citrus Bowls are always on at the same time. They're not going to suddenly make one a noon game and one a 3:30 just to appease the 24th highest populated state in the country.

Which is also the state that brings in the highest viewership ratings for college football than any other in the country.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't the bowl game channel, date, and time scheduled before the season even kicks off?

Bowl game's are tied to conferences and pickin's are typically determined by conference standings.
Didn't the vast majority expect Alabama to be in the CFP in their pre-season rankings?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the state of Alabama sucks...what’s even more funny is you just realizing this

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got any figures to back that up?

I don't have any in my back pocket; but if you check the ratings after the bowl games, you will most certainly find that the highest viewership comes from the state of Alabama (usually the Birmingham area). Even though there was no Alabama team in the SEC Championship Game this year, the ratings for B'ham were higher than those of any city in Georgia or Louisiana.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any in my back pocket; but if you check the ratings after the bowl games, you will most certainly find that the highest viewership comes from the state of Alabama (usually the Birmingham area). Even though there was no Alabama team in the SEC Championship Game
this year, the ratings for B'ham were higher than those of any city in Georgia or Louisiana.

The ratings may have been better in terms of percentage...but I'd bet far more people in Atlanta watched the game.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is also the state that brings in the highest viewership ratings for college football than any other in the country.
Got any figures to back that up?
I don't have any in my back pocket; but if you check the ratings after the bowl games, you will most certainly find that the highest viewership comes from the state of Alabama (usually the Birmingham area). Even though there was no Alabama team in the SEC Championship Game this year, the ratings for B'ham were higher than those of any city in Georgia or Louisiana.
The ratings may have been better in terms of percentage...but I'd bet far more people in Atlanta watched the game.

Google is your friend..

On a per capita scale. Alabama appears to have the highest percentage of college football fans. One can assume that transfers to viewership. college football viewership.PNG

"Alabama has the highest concentration of college football fans."
"Almost 34 percent of Alabama Facebook users were fans of a college football team, more than five percentage points higher than in the state with the next-highest level."
The Places in America Where College Football Means the Most

Proving once again that.......Nobody underachieves like tejas. NOBODY!!!

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Google is your friend..

On a per capita scale. Alabama appears to have the highest percentage of college football fans. One can assume that transfers to viewership. View attachment 227292

"Alabama has the highest concentration of college football fans."
"Almost 34 percent of Alabama Facebook users were fans of a college football team, more than five percentage points higher than in the state with the next-highest level."
The Places in America Where College Football Means the Most

Proving once again that.......Nobody underachieves like tejas. NOBODY!!!
Bingo!

Splitting the state is a stupid thing to do when you can get the majority of the state twice.

Simple math.