• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you want Rex Ryan as Coach OR DC?

HC or DC

• Head Coach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Defensive Coordinator

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Like the way it is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of the Bills I ask you guys this: (I am not trying to stir the pot)

"Would you rather have Rex Ryan as your teams head coach OR Defensive Coordinator?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ask because he is one hell of a DC but it seems like he falls short as a HC

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head Coach. I actually think he's falling short at times this year inserting himself in the DC role (switching to the 3-4).

What record do you think the Bills would have with a different coach this year? If it's better than 5-5...who is that coach?

Rex is frustrating and I'm still not sure what to think of him so far as the Bills go. I do know he got a Jets team that was about as talented as this Bills team to the AFC Championship twice...so I am willing to give him a few years.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head Coach. I actually think he's falling short at times this year inserting himself in the DC role (switching to the 3-4).

What record do you think the Bills would have with a different coach this year? If it's better than 5-5...who is that coach?

Rex is frustrating and I'm still not sure what to think of him so far as the Bills go. I do know he got a Jets team that was about as talented as this Bills team to the AFC Championship twice...so I am willing to give him a few years.

Oh I am just saying Ryan needs to either just be a HC or the DC and I think he would be much better at the DC and perhaps the timing issues at the end of the games wouldn't be as screwed up

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely HC.

Taylor didn't play well last week. And no game plan for Sammy killed us.

Just wish he and Schwartz could have co-existed. Mario does not like the change... although done correctly, the defense can work.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely HC.

Taylor didn't play well last week. And no game plan for Sammy killed us.

Just wish he and Schwartz could have co-existed. Mario does not like the change... although done correctly, the defense can work.

No game plan for Watkins and that's directly on the HC, which is why Ryan needs to step back and focus on coaching instead of trying to mingle with the defense imo.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... but it's on Roman too. And I'm not convinced Sammy is healthy either. He runs pretty much nothing but straight routes.

Ryan is also responsible for bringing in Taylor, who, even in his bad games, is the best QB this team has seen in 20 years. He will get better.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... but it's on Roman too. And I'm not convinced Sammy is healthy either. He runs pretty much nothing but straight routes.

Ryan is also responsible for bringing in Taylor, who, even in his bad games, is the best QB this team has seen in 20 years. He will get better.

WAY too early to say that. I know the past 20 years has yielded nothing but a parade of garbage heaps at QB, but Taylor hasn't done enough to say he's the best in two decades yet. Has he really been better than Kyle Orton?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAY too early to say that. I know the past 20 years has yielded nothing but a parade of garbage heaps at QB, but Taylor hasn't done enough to say he's the best in two decades yet. Has he really been better than Kyle Orton?

Yes. He passes the eye test. I'm not talking about box scores. I'm talking about how he drops back, how he sees and approaches the game.
Orton played very good, for sure, but Taylor has a better arm and is a much better runner. Taylor is going to be a very good QB, imo. Just has to stay healthy.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could that be that Sammy has given up? I mean he does seem very frustrated. Yes this is true he did bring in Taylor, which is an upgrade and a gem imo. Still though he can not control his team and clearly he doesn't motivate them.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could that be that Sammy has given up? I mean he does seem very frustrated. Yes this is true he did bring in Taylor, which is an upgrade and a gem imo. Still though he can not control his team and clearly he doesn't motivate them.

His motivation is his best quality. Not sure why you'd say that. Ask any player that has played for him, they will tell you they'd run through a wall for him. No, I don't think Sammy quit.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His motivation is his best quality. Not sure why you'd say that. Ask any player that has played for him, they will tell you they'd run through a wall for him. No, I don't think Sammy quit.

So, he does a good job of motivating his team by talking like an idiot? I'm not taking a thing away from his DEFENSIVE coaching abilities, just don't think he is a good HC or motivator.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, he does a good job of motivating his team by talking like an idiot? I'm not taking a thing away from his DEFENSIVE coaching abilities, just don't think he is a good HC or motivator.

Agree to disagree.

I think his short comings are in-game adjustments, i.e. BB's bread and butter.

He might be one of the best motivators... really not sure why you think that.

Buffalo needs an outspoken guy like that to bring attention, if nothing else.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree.

I think his short comings are in-game adjustments, i.e. BB's bread and butter.

He might be one of the best motivators... really not sure why you think that.

Buffalo needs an outspoken guy like that to bring attention, if nothing else.

True he brings attention to the Bills but can't that be a huge distraction as well? Yes, in-game adjustments he just can't seem to do it and that's why I think he should stick with being a DC. He might get a few games out of his players but after a while it seems to wear off and players start to seem to not really care all that much and not play like the did in the first few weeks of games (seen it with the Jets and now the Bills)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True he brings attention to the Bills but can't that be a huge distraction as well? Yes, in-game adjustments he just can't seem to do it and that's why I think he should stick with being a DC. He might get a few games out of his players but after a while it seems to wear off and players start to seem to not really care all that much and not play like the did in the first few weeks of games (seen it with the Jets and now the Bills)

Well, I've watched every game twice, and I just don't see what you're seeing.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only 2 people voted but more wrote they like him as a HC :scratch:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I will never concede a point to someone else's "eye test". I have a friend that literally 18 out of 18 statistics could refute his argument and he will just resort to "eye test" (despite him having the worst eye of anyone we've ever met). Prob not fair to you...but just can't do it. Just no way, for me, Taylor has done enough to give him any kind of label...I'm sure you could be a similar sample size for Rob Johnson, Bledsoe, Fitzpatrick etc where they looked pretty darn good.

I think Redseat has a bit of a point on Watkins. He looks unmotivated out there at times (could also just look that way when he's completely blanketed by someone too). Biggest draft blunder in forever wasting two first round picks on him.

But agree with TKO that Ryan is a great motivator. This team has not lacked effort this year and despite some legit differences from a few on his defensive scheme, they seem to like Sexy Rexy.

You can compare him to Belicheat all day, but which coach measures up to him? Kind of a high standard. And, Rex isn't cheating, so he doesn't have that extra edge.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can compare him to Belicheat all day, but which coach measures up to him? Kind of a high standard. And, Rex isn't cheating, so he doesn't have that extra edge.

except when it comes to getting into the way of the officials :D (That is tongue and cheek by the way)

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I woke Watkins up... 3 catches 90 yards and a TD so far