• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you guys agree with this?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The five most irreplaceable Bears in 2019

An interesting read on the justification for these five, but I'm not sure how we can leave out Roquan Smith. And I believe Burton is there only because Shaheen has failed to step up in his brief two year stint as a Bear (mainly because he has spent so much time on IR), and the depth at TE is lacking.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The five most irreplaceable Bears in 2019

An interesting read on the justification for these five, but I'm not sure how we can leave out Roquan Smith. And I believe Burton is there only because Shaheen has failed to step up in his brief two year stint as a Bear (mainly because he has spent so much time on IR), and the depth at TE is lacking.
Hard to pick just 5. Leaving out Cohen and what he means to the Offence is tough. You could toss in Whitehair or Leno as well.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed alright other than possibly Burton.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont agree with dismissing Burton because of Shaheen missing time on IR. Shaheen is like the human form of Groot. Tall, lanky and somewhat awkward. He's not as smooth as Burton.

As for the comment above about Cohen, I get that he's fast and explosive, but he tends to bounce outside too much. He runs a long way just to get a couple yards. Too often it bites him and he loses yards. All is usually forgiven when he busts one for a first down. I'd prefer to see him not opt to go outside or reverse field so much.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont agree with dismissing Burton because of Shaheen missing time on IR. Shaheen is like the human form of Groot. Tall, lanky and somewhat awkward. He's not as smooth as Burton.

As for the comment above about Cohen, I get that he's fast and explosive, but he tends to bounce outside too much. He runs a long way just to get a couple yards. Too often it bites him and he loses yards. All is usually forgiven when he busts one for a first down. I'd prefer to see him not opt to go outside or reverse field so much.
I said something like this about Cohen a while back. This kid could be really really be something special once he comes to grips with the fact that NFL defenders are fucking fast and that lateral running or trying to dink and doink in the backfield doesn't cut it with them. Once he figures this out, his ceiling will go thru the roof (pun intended).

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said something like this about Cohen a while back. This kid could be really really be something special once he comes to grips with the fact that NFL defenders are fucking fast and that lateral running or trying to dink and doink in the backfield doesn't cut it with them. Once he figures this out, his ceiling will go thru the roof (pun intended).

The thing is, that him extending plays and running laterally has created a huge amount of his highlight reel and game breaking plays. So... it's tough.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, that him extending plays and running laterally has created a huge amount of his highlight reel and game breaking plays. So... it's tough.
He's made some good plays running laterally and the occasional dink & doink. But more often than not he's either caught for no gain or even a loss. NFL defenses are simply too fast for him to pull it off on a regular basis. I'd like to see more runs from him where maybe he starts with a lateral move, but then suddenly cuts inside. I'd like to see more plays with him lining up on the outside, then going in motion to take the handoff or shovel pass from Trubisky. I'd like to see some plays with him out of the wildcat, he's actually somewhat of a dual threat there. I'd like to see more screens thrown his way. In short, I want to see more of this kid utilized in more diverse and unpredictable ways.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's made some good plays running laterally and the occasional dink & doink. But more often than not he's either caught for no gain or even a loss. NFL defenses are simply too fast for him to pull it off on a regular basis. I'd like to see more runs from him where maybe he starts with a lateral move, but then suddenly cuts inside. I'd like to see more plays with him lining up on the outside, then going in motion to take the handoff or shovel pass from Trubisky. I'd like to see some plays with him out of the wildcat, he's actually somewhat of a dual threat there. I'd like to see more screens thrown his way. In short, I want to see more of this kid utilized in more diverse and unpredictable ways.

I agree to an extent. However, I think that's just what Cohen is. He's not build to be a 1st/2nd down "15-25 carry per game" runner. He's a gadget guy. He'll never be a "grind it out for consistent yardage" running back. That's why he needs a compliment. In the pass game, he gives you a reliable threat. However, with his frame and skill set? In the run game? You're pretty much swinging for the fences and I don't think there's a world where that changes.

If he tries to run towards contact, he's dead. Sure, it can be costly, but I think the big plays are worth it. I also truly don't recall when he cost us in a big way. Perhaps it is just because I've sort of grown to accept what he is and it does not bother me.

I think we got pretty damn creative with him this past season as well. I mean, we pulled out all of the stops.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to an extent. However, I think that's just what Cohen is. He's not build to be a 1st/2nd down "15-25 carry per game" runner. He's a gadget guy. He'll never be a "grind it out for consistent yardage" running back. That's why he needs a compliment. In the pass game, he gives you a reliable threat. However, with his frame and skill set? In the run game? You're pretty much swinging for the fences and I don't think there's a world where that changes.

If he tries to run towards contact, he's dead. Sure, it can be costly, but I think the big plays are worth it. I also truly don't recall when he cost us in a big way. Perhaps it is just because I've sort of grown to accept what he is and it does not bother me.

I think we got pretty damn creative with him this past season as well. I mean, we pulled out all of the stops.
He has a compliment. Our coach just didn't figure out how to use him until week 12.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope I didn't imply that I want to see Cohen handle the majority of the running workload. Because I'm in agreement with you and just about everyone else in here that he's our top gadget guy, not a workhorse by any stretch, and especially when it comes to running the ball. I would simply like to see more of those gadgets that I stated in my previous post. But I'm also realistic. There are only so many plays to be made and we have a shitload of playmakers.