1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you collect? If so, what is your area of focus?

Discussion in 'Guns & Shooting' started by Deathroll, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Deathroll

Deathroll Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I have rifles and and a shotgun and will collect more in the future but my area of focus is early automatic pistols. I especially focus on WWI and WWII military sidearms. The period from about 1895 until 1955 saw tremendous advances here. The really cool thing is that unlike today, there was a ton of variation in design as they gradually figured out what works best.

Some of the ones on my wish list are:

a Roth Sauer
    [​IMG]

A Bergmann model 1896
    [​IMG]

A Frommer model 1910
    [​IMG]

A Mauser C96 Broomhandle (I have a bolo but want to upgrade to a WWI broomhandle with all the imperial acceptance stamps)
    [​IMG]

An Artillery Luger
    [​IMG]

A Nazi contract Browning Hi Power with tangent sights
    [​IMG]

Of course that's conservatively $20,000 worth of guns for examples in good condition and I have others I want to buy too so it will be a while as in a few years before I can get to my hands on all of these.

Show us what's on your list.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bamabear82

bamabear82 I ♥ t-baggin

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 710

Not sure if I'd be considered a "collector" or not but I guess I have 15-20 firearms, none of which are safe queens, and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. I don't really have a specific type, brand, age or anything that I like over others. If it trips my trigger that particular day, it's coming home with me.

3. Copejunkie

Copejunkie Active Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I have a soft spot for pre 64 winchesters. Holy grail for me is a pre 64 model 70 264 win mag. Or an 1895 in a 405.

4. Copejunkie

Copejunkie Active Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

That's quite the wish list and a damn nice one too. I know a another collector that had one of the broom handles. Actually he collected alot of the ww guns for several years but has been liquidating them over the last several years not sure what he has left.

5. Nod4Eight

Nod4Eight Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,300

I don't collect. I have all the guns I really need. My focus is more on being a better shooter. I view guns more as a utility item. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate a beautiful collection, but it's not my focus.

6. AHFox

AHFox Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

The Pre 64 Winchester's are getting cheaper. Not as many people are interested in them as there was 10 years ago and more of them are becoming available because family members are not as interested in them as they use to be.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. AHFox

AHFox Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I am a shooter first but I do collect as well, everything I own I shoot. If I can afford to own it, I can afford to shoot it. I collect many things from good old American double shotguns, American military rifles, military training rifles. I also have some modern semi custom bolt rifles, Cooper's, Fierce, and LAW rifles from bench rest calibers to magnum calibers. I also have some modern O/U shotguns Beretta's 686's and 687's and a couple of Blaser shotguns as well. I have a few 1911's Kimber's and Knight Hawk's. Life is to short to hunt or shoot with an ugly gun.

• Like Like x 1