• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do the 2017 WS Champ Astros Still Deserve the Asterisk?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at the Astros 2017 World Series winning roster. These so-called cheaters have seen a 50% overhaul in their roster since then. Who is gone from 2017?
Brian McCann,
Alex Bergman (injured)
George Springer
Josh Reddick
Carlos Beltran
Marwin Gonzalez
Jake Marisnick
Mike Fiers
Charlie Morton
Dallas Keuchel
Brad Peacock
Justin Verlander (injured)
AJ Hinch

And yet, the team continues to win. They've proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it is the roster, coaching, and drafting/player development that have made them winners, not cheating.

They have the largest run differential in the majors
They are first in the AL in winning percentage.
First in hitting
First in runs scored
Longest winning streak this year

What will the whiney blue states claim is the reason they are winning now?

I saw recently that there has been some discussion about claiming the Royals also cheated in 2015. They just hate to see a red state win anything.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that lineup is fucking good. .278/.350/.453 with a 121 OPS+ and 442 runs scored (5.67 R/G). the AL average is .242/.315/.406 with a 100 OPS+ and 4.53 R/G. They've got 11 players with 100+ PA and nine of them have an OPS+ of at least 109. 6 of them have an OPS+ north of 120.

They've got a really good young rotation too

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean they cheated. Just because they are a good team without cheating or that others were also cheating doesn't take away from the fact they cheated. So basically getting that out of the way, its a matter of opinion after that.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at the Astros 2017 World Series winning roster. These so-called cheaters have seen a 50% overhaul in their roster since then. Who is gone from 2017?
Brian McCann,
Alex Bergman (injured)
George Springer
Josh Reddick
Carlos Beltran
Marwin Gonzalez
Jake Marisnick
Mike Fiers
Charlie Morton
Dallas Keuchel
Brad Peacock
Justin Verlander (injured)
AJ Hinch

And yet, the team continues to win. They've proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it is the roster, coaching, and drafting/player development that have made them winners, not cheating.

They have the largest run differential in the majors
They are first in the AL in winning percentage.
First in hitting
First in runs scored
Longest winning streak this year

What will the whiney blue states claim is the reason they are winning now?

I saw recently that there has been some discussion about claiming the Royals also cheated in 2015. They just hate to see a red state win anything.

There should be no asterisk. You might as well give an asterisk to every team in baseball and an asterisk to hundreds, if not thousands, of players. Cheating is wide spread in baseball. Apparently, pitchers like Verlander, Felix Hernandez, and Scherzer benefited greatly from Spider Tack. Maybe they should be barred from the Hall of Fame.

What's the proof that blue states are whining about the Astros? Just because the Dodgers are in CA? Giants, Padres, Angels, and A's fan are probably happy that the Dodgers lost.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell are you talking about with this political shit? lol