• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DK Metlcalf Injury

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like DK will be under going surgery and wont be back for a few weeks maybe just in time for week 1. I want to give me opinion in that I am not fan of this pick and I really think he will not amount to anything. I think he is just an athletic guy but actually being a receiver he is probably just average. I don't think he is worthy of being a #2 receiver yet he should just be rotational when he gets back. I hope Lockett doesn't go down this season, we will need him big time with the abundance of lack of proven players on the chart.

Lastly, it is more or does John Usena look like a mix of Doug Baldwin and Golden tate? I really like the way he plays he makes stunning moves once he catches the ball.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say this isn't a big deal for now. PC describes it as something pretty minor that he'll recover from quickly. If that ends up not being true, then maybe it would be cause for concern. He was off to a good start in camp, and I don't think this takes all that away. As it looks now, it's just a minor bump in a long road.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a very minor procedure, not to concerning... they’re even saying he might be ready for week 1 ...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor procedure yeah but this guy has a history of injuries and i am starting to get worried.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like DK will be under going surgery and wont be back for a few weeks maybe just in time for week 1. I want to give me opinion in that I am not fan of this pick and I really think he will not amount to anything. I think he is just an athletic guy but actually being a receiver he is probably just average. I don't think he is worthy of being a #2 receiver yet he should just be rotational when he gets back. I hope Lockett doesn't go down this season, we will need him big time with the abundance of lack of proven players on the chart.

Lastly, it is more or does John Usena look like a mix of Doug Baldwin and Golden tate? I really like the way he plays he makes stunning moves once he catches the ball.

Debates on Metcalf aside this could be a blessing in disguise.

Generally the Seahawks keep 5 WRs, with all of the interesting options at WR this could push them to keep 6. I would hate to see Gary Jennings or John Ursua be placed on the waiver wire trying to get them on the practice squad and see them get snagged up by another team.

I wish the NFL had bigger rosters. In an ideal world I'd like to keep Lockett, Metcalf, Brown, Moore, Ursua, Jennings and Jazz Ferguson.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor procedure yeah but this guy has a history of injuries and i am starting to get worried.

Prior to this his only other two serious injuries were a broken foot and a neck injury. Generally you don't worry that those things would be reoccurring.

Knees on the other hand... That's much more concerning than his other two injuries combined.

The most reassuring thing is that guys with his level of conditioning tend to recover quickly. Knock on wood but I'm not that worried yet.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Generally the Seahawks keep 5 WRs, with all of the interesting options at WR this could push them to keep 6. I would hate to see Gary Jennings or John Ursua be placed on the waiver wire trying to get them on the practice squad and see them get snagged up by another team.

I wish the NFL had bigger rosters. In an ideal world I'd like to keep Lockett, Metcalf, Brown, Moore, Ursua, Jennings and Jazz Ferguson.

They should have larger rosters with the 4 preseason games in play...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the amount of injuries that happen in the NFL every season there should be a bigger roster size and just like you said I would hate to see those guys placed on practice squad and get snagged by another team.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the FO office has a really tough decision at WR. I think they will keep 6, and in my opinion the only locks are Lockett, DK, and Brown. Moore probably makes it, but the riddle the team must solve is who has the best chance of surviving the practice squad among Ursua, Ferguson, and Jennings? Jennings hasn't done anything so far in the 2 pre-season games, but as we have seen before that is not the only criteria for making the team. He's also a 4th rounder, and in 10 years of JS/PC I believe Chris Harper is still the only 4th round pick (or better) that didn't make the team as a rookie. Jennings could be the 2nd one based on how stacked the position is, which is a weird place to be after losing Baldwin. Ursua probably has a better shot at surviving the practice squad than Ferguson, but not by much. I think if we place any of those 3 on it, they'll get plucked off immediately. And for that reason, I think David Moore could be in trouble.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the amount of injuries that happen in the NFL every season there should be a bigger roster size and just like you said I would hate to see those guys placed on practice squad and get snagged by another team.

I agree. I think the NFL might prefer the smaller rosters so that deep teams can't hold on to every player who could be a contributor for another franchise. Not sure though, just the first thought that comes to mind.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think the NFL might prefer the smaller rosters so that deep teams can't hold on to every player who could be a contributor for another franchise. Not sure though, just the first thought that comes to mind.

yeah i think it was something done by the players union to give guys the opportunity to play on NFL rosters and no rot in the practice squad. Dont they get a big pay increase when they get added to an nfl roster?