• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DK Metcalf

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly DK's stock is on the rise after the record setting game in Philly and overall really strong rookie year. I'm generally iffy on taking WRs with early draft picks because they usually take 3+ years to develop, and then you get them for maybe 1 really good season before having to pay them big bucks or watch them leave town. Golden Tate is a really good example of that. However, it looks like we may have nailed it with DK. At this rate, even if all we get out of him is his first 4 years it looks like a worthwhile use of draft capital.

We've never had a dominate WR like him... I remember when we drafted KROB and thought, this guy is the read deal but it didn't pan out... I have a different feeling when I watch DK... You know he's going to be dominating... Speed, Size, Athleticism, Work Ethic - can't really teach any of that but he sure has it...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed and thought about him when I posted but he wasn't dominate in a way DK can be...

Mainly because the game was different back then. He was as dominant as any receiver of his generation.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mainly because the game was different back then. He was as dominant as any receiver of his generation.

I know that... ;)... He's still one of the best of all time...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved this pick. I believe I graded it an A or A+ (someone can find my post from April, feel free).

He's picked up the route running MUCH faster than everyone anticipated. If he stays healthy he could easily be the best WR in the league in a couple years given who is throwing to him.

HUGE steal. Most analysts rated it very highly. Surprised so many teams passed on him... but again, he was a HUGE boom/bust prospect. It helped tremendously that he was drafted into a team with a future HOF QB, one of the best quiet WRs in the league in Lockett (who was coached up by a hell of a possession receiver in Baldwin) and stable coaching/FO group.

Had Metcalf gone to say... the Dolphins... IMO completely different results. Metcalf end of day really came into the perfect org for developing a raw receiver... which is where Seattle has generally made profit in the draft.

This next quote doesn't read like a A A+ pick from you. Maybe more like a B or C+ with a chance to develop.

Drop makes sense... he had an injury in 2016 and a neck injury in 2018. He was a one trick pony in College (run streak routes - the guy averaged like 22+ yards per catch his senior year), but Seattle seemed to throw a lot of deep balls last year.

If the Seahawks can work with him and maybe get some mentorship from Doug and learn route running and get more fluidity he could be an absolute steal. He's an athletic LONG freak. 4.33, 30 bench presses, 6'3" 228 lbs? He's like Julio Jones but doesn't have the skillset Jones did. If he can develop some then it could be the steal of the draft.

He's also just a size matchup, but I assume the routes he'll be running in 2018 will be VERY basic/predictable, which may not get him a lot of looks. But who knows. When you're 6'3" and 228 lbs, have a 40" vert, and 10" hands... balls tend to come your way.

I am Very Happy with how DK played this season and heck he was in the rookie of the year race for most of the season. I am proud that he is a Seahawk and i am excited to see him play each and every weekend. Finally we got that Big stud WR for Wilson, this makes me giddy with joy!

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This next quote doesn't read like a A A+ pick from you. Maybe more like a B or C+ with a chance to develop.

I am Very Happy with how DK played this season and heck he was in the rookie of the year race for most of the season. I am proud that he is a Seahawk and i am excited to see him play each and every weekend. Finally we got that Big stud WR for Wilson, this makes me giddy with joy!

Can't remember if I actually graded it, but this pretty much sums up I loved the pick and bashed Walt Football (who I constantly quote) for giving it a B... meaning I would've given it an A. Shame on you for making me search the forum.

2019 Seahawks draft discussion thread

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've never had a dominate WR like him... I remember when we drafted KROB and thought, this guy is the read deal but it didn't pan out... I have a different feeling when I watch DK... You know he's going to be dominating... Speed, Size, Athleticism, Work Ethic - can't really teach any of that but he sure has it...
I'm glad he's a Hawk, and I'm super pumped for what he might be in his 3rd year if he's already this good in his 17th game. He's the exception to what normally happens with young WRs.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok it's time? so i noticed a theme from DK Metcalf reports, articles, blogs etc. I see a trend that just screams Batman! Is it offical? Does Metcalf now have a Nickname? Well for me i will start calling him Batman.

The Drive: The Dark Knight - Year One ( Dark knight? DK .. Batman! )

4 reasons DK Metcalf’s combine performance was superhuman
"In February, Ole Miss wide receiver DK Metcalf earned some social media fame for looking like a member of the Avengers. We’re talking an Asgardian-sized wide receiver with abs that look like a Ninja Turtle’s shell."

"Metcalf’s best comparison is FREAKIN’ BATMAN"

D. K. Metcalf's Ridiculous Batman Level Workout! | 2019 NFL Combine Highlights - SPORT REPORT VIDEOS

DK Metcalf "Batman" Parody & Ole Miss Career Highlights

DK Metcalf Highlights HUGE Week 1 Debut! BATMAN IS REAL!

Holy Smokes Metcalf! Analysts Think Receiver D.K. Metcalf Would be Perfect for the Titans, But Will He Be Around at 19?
https://www.titansonline.com/news/h...receiver-d-j-metcalf-would-be-perfect-for-the
“And Metcalf, he looks like a Batman suit.”
It was 'Holy Smokes Metcalf!' here at the NFL Combine.

I just kept running across this.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona took andy isabella a few picks before metcalf.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came in late on the whole TO thing but I can see it.

Hopefully he isn't as much "I Love me some me" as TO was

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came in late on the whole TO thing but I can see it.

Hopefully he isn't as much "I Love me some me" as TO was
Hopefully he’s more

tenor.gif

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK seems like a much less volatile personality than TO. I'm also hoping he ends up with better hands than what TO had, but right now it actually looks like a very good comp. I'm going to guess DK ends up with 8-10 drops this year, but you take the good with the bad there for sure.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think DK is more Physical than TO was. Like way more. I remember BB putting TO on his ass and i am sorry but he wouldn't be able to do that with DK lol.