• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DK Metcalf Thread

Thoughts on DK Metcalf, WR, Seahawks. 1st Year.

• Bust, can't stay healthy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t say I was happy about this pick for yous. But honestly he’s got size and serious speed so as long as he can catch it could be a problem for a lot of people. Wonder why he dropped?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t say I was happy about this pick for yous. But honestly he’s got size and serious speed so as long as he can catch it could be a problem for a lot of people. Wonder why he dropped?

You're supposed to say, "pardon the pun" when you mentioned, "wonder why he dropped?" ;) He does drop his fair share of balls... He mainly dropped because he wasn't even the more productive receive on his team when it came to the stat line... His route running abilities was also a concern for some clubs... He is a beast in run blocking though so that's a bonus since we're committed to running the football... Hopefully his presence will open up other opportunities for our receivers, TE's...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're supposed to say, "pardon the pun" when you mentioned, "wonder why he dropped?" ;) He does drop his fair share of balls... He mainly dropped because he wasn't even the more productive receive on his team when it came to the stat line... His route running abilities was also a concern for some clubs... Hope he works out for us... He is a best in run blocking though so that's a bonus since we're committed to running the football... Hopefully his presence will open up other opportunities for our receivers, TE's...

I was trying NOT to be a troll. Been on you alls board over the years and I like many of yous. Always respected the Hawks back when they were really good and still respect most of them
;)

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see about 600-700 yds but I do think he could bring down 7-9 TDs with half of those coming in the back corner of the endzone. It's going to be nice to have a big guy get those jump balls.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its obvious why he dropped.

Al davis is dead.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think MetCalf's production in his rookie season will be low as he adjust. Something like David Moores production from last season. But i also expect he will have a handful of explosive plays. He will take the top off of defenses and help the running game more than he helps the passing game ( in his rookie season )

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ throws a great deep ball, probably one of the best in the league... So I can see him making some big play's.... Talk about a beast of a run blocker, what DB is gonna push him around ? Also, his fade routes will be an issue for any DB because of his size and strength...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ throws a great deep ball, probably one of the best in the league... So I can see him making some big play's.... Talk about a beast of a run blocker, what DB is gonna push him around ? Also, his fade routes will be an issue for any DB because of his size and strength...

That's why we are happy. Who can defend against him???

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying NOT to be a troll. Been on you alls board over the years and I like many of yous. Always respected the Hawks back when they were really good and still respect most of them
;)

That is all good brah!!! I respect alot of yours as well.

I believe in Respecting your enemies because they are your equal or better.

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drop makes sense... he had an injury in 2016 and a neck injury in 2018. He was a one trick pony in College (run streak routes - the guy averaged like 22+ yards per catch his senior year), but Seattle seemed to throw a lot of deep balls last year.

If the Seahawks can work with him and maybe get some mentorship from Doug and learn route running and get more fluidity he could be an absolute steal. He's an athletic LONG freak. 4.33, 30 bench presses, 6'3" 228 lbs? He's like Julio Jones but doesn't have the skillset Jones did. If he can develop some then it could be the steal of the draft.

He's also just a size matchup, but I assume the routes he'll be running in 2018 will be VERY basic/predictable, which may not get him a lot of looks. But who knows. When you're 6'3" and 228 lbs, have a 40" vert, and 10" hands... balls tend to come your way.

Couple things wrong with your assessment... First you mentioned he averaged 22 ypc his senior year... Nope... He still has two years of college eligibility left!! Obviously he won't need them... But he was hurt his freshman season and red shirted... Played all 12 games his red shirt freshman year... Played in first 7 games his soph year and was injured... So basically he did what he did in 1 1/2 years in college...

Second, he wasn't a one trick pony... Do you know how quick he could cover 20 yards?? LOL... Everytime he touched the ball he was a threat to take it to the house... even on WR screens...

Even though AJ Brown was considered to be our #1 WR (probably because he stayed healthier than DK) we knew DK was a freak when he was on the field and loved watching him play...

DK will definitely have a learning curve in the NFL. I'm sure he will not come out and put up Doug Baldwin type numbers in year 1 but give him a year or two and I know he has the ability to do big things in Seattle...

Looking forward to watching more Seattle games this year!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple things wrong with your assessment... First you mentioned he averaged 22 ypc his senior year... Nope... He still has two years of college eligibility left!! Obviously he won't need them... But he was hurt his freshman season and red shirted... Played all 12 games his red shirt freshman year... Played in first 7 games his soph year and was injured... So basically he did what he did in 1 1/2 years in college...

Second, he wasn't a one trick pony... Do you know how quick he could cover 20 yards?? LOL... Everytime he touched the ball he was a threat to take it to the house... even on WR screens...

Even though AJ Brown was considered to be our #1 WR (probably because he stayed healthier than DK) we knew DK was a freak when he was on the field and loved watching him play...

DK will definitely have a learning curve in the NFL. I'm sure he will not come out and put up Doug Baldwin type numbers in year 1 but give him a year or two and I know he has the ability to do big things in Seattle...

Looking forward to watching more Seattle games this year!

If he can stay healthy. Liked the pick and hope his injury bug is behind him because we have had to many players lately with the "injury" bug.

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So im guessing you like the Ole Miss route tree?

I heard the WR coach talking to local station, and he stated that DK ran all the routes, but come game time, the HC did otherwise.

I say the Hawks design a special play, got that "A Special Play" that has RW scramble and DK just runs. TD.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the WR coach talking to local station, and he stated that DK ran all the routes, but come game time, the HC did otherwise.

I say the Hawks design a special play, got that "A Special Play" that has RW scramble and DK just runs. TD.
I hope he does well. Heard him numerous times on local radio. He seems like a very likable guy.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the WR coach talking to local station, and he stated that DK ran all the routes, but come game time, /QUOTE]
I can believe that. In all honesty that wouldn't shock me one bit.

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he does well. Heard him numerous times on local radio. He seems like a very likable guy.

He has the 'commitment Gene' no doubt.
He WILL work his ass off.

Might not work, but Bless this MAN. Get some DK.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the 'commitment Gene' no doubt.
He WILL work his ass off.

Might not work, but Bless this MAN. Get some DK.
Looking like the wwf or wwe champion you know he has to have the work ethic.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Observations from Seahawks rookie minicamp: D.K. Metcalf impresses on Day 1

Here are my thoughts on D.K. Metcalf:

Worst case scenario: He fails to develop his route tree and exclusively relies on his abilities as a solid outside vertical threat who makes big plays here and there but struggles to get separation on short and intermediate routes but provides a reliable distraction on play action that allows other players to get open. In this situation he'd be a guy who would probably have around 600-700 yards with an absurd YAC, but would be someone who wouldn't make an impact aside from the distraction he provides safeties and the big plays he makes here and there. Think of a guy who would have 3 catches for 70 yards one game and doesn't receive a target the next.

Best case scenario: This is hard for me to estimate because with his physical ability, the sky is the limit. Perhaps think Mike Evans or even Julio Jones in a dream universe. He's a guy who only played 21 college games, so if he does reach his full potential I wouldn't expect it to happen in the first or second year. It'll probably take some time for him to develop. I think we'll have a concrete understanding of where he stands by his third year.

Overall: I'm thrilled with the selection because I think we landed a guy with immense talent who fell to us at the end of the second round. It would be hard to find a mock draft that didn't have him in the first round. Realistically I anticipate that he'll be somewhere in the middle between those two scenarios, but if he develops I wouldn't expect that it would be immediate.

Metcalf certainly benefits by the Seahawks selecting him. With the Seahawks emphasis on pounding the rock then taking deep shots, I think he could thrive in the Seahawks offense and there won't be too much of an impetus for him to be a dominant threat right away. With his size and athleticism he could also make some huge plays when pass protection breaks down and Wilson scrambles for his life and makes an incredible play.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Observations from Seahawks rookie minicamp: D.K. Metcalf impresses on Day 1

Here are my thoughts on D.K. Metcalf:

Worst case scenario: He fails to develop his route tree and exclusively relies on his abilities as a solid outside vertical threat who makes big plays here and there but struggles to get separation on short and intermediate routes but provides a reliable distraction on play action that allows other players to get open. In this situation he'd be a guy who would probably have around 600-700 yards with an absurd YAC, but would be someone who wouldn't make an impact aside from the distraction he provides safeties and the big plays he makes here and there. Think of a guy who would have 3 catches for 70 yards one game and doesn't receive a target the next.

So better than Tyler Lockett every year except last season? Those numbers on this team are exciting numbers and would be closer to 1000 yards on almost any other team in the NFL. He could be that good if it clicks and he stays healthy but for his first year if you ask me anything around what you said that was worst case scenarios is down right crazy. Think about the team and how much we RUN. Those would be close to MVP numbers for a WR on this team lol ( ok not MVP but you get my point )