• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Divisional weekend

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t make this call looking at a picture. You need to know what was being communicated between the linesman when they line up. Tackles are often given some leeway with their depth as well. These things aren’t regularly called penalties all year long. Crying after the fact is on brand for Cowboy Nation trying to yet again deal with failure and disappointment.
You read what I wrote and got crying out of it? :L Jesus you are just off in the head dude.
I'm not sure how much you understand of the actual rules, which is fine. If the TE is covered up like that he is ineligible and the FB needs to be a full yard behind the LOS for that to be the case. Those are actually always called if they occur. They just don't occur often because you learn the play the correct way in practice and don't line up that way. There is an official on each side of the LOS who looks at those alignments literally every single play. The reason I mentioned the tackle wasn't to say the Tackle shjould have been called but because if someone wants to say 44 wasn't on the LOS, he is in front of or even with the Tackle so that would mean the Tackle isn't either...gotta be one or the other...sheesh...

Last edited:

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Bengals fans should have a chip on their shoulder. Burrow has done nothing but win.

They're the team with a excellent QB on a rookie contract. Everyone told Chiefs fans that things get harder when Mahomes got paid and yeah, it is. I think I have more respect for Bellichick keeping the Patriots going as long as he did. The league isn't built to have Bradys
Don't have that much respect for Bill, have more for Brady because Brady kept himself one of t he lowest paid QB's in the league during that time to make sure the rest of the team was stacked. Brady with his sacrifice and talent is what made the Patriots that damn good.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You read what I wrote and got crying out of it? :L Jesus you are just off in the head dude.
I'm not sure how much you understand of the actual rules, which is fine. If the TE is covered up like that he is ineligible and the FB needs to be a full yard behind the LOS for that to be the case. Those are actually always called if they occur. They just don't occur often because you learn the play the correct way in practice and don't line up that way. There is an official on each side of the LOS who looks at those alignments literally every single play. The reason I mentioned the tackle wasn't to say the Tackle shjould have been called but because if someone wants to say 44 wasn't on the LOS, he is in front of or even with the Tackle so that would mean the Tackle isn't either...gotta be one or the other...sheesh...
The Tight End is only covered up if the linesman thinks he’s covered up. The outside players helmet isn’t square with the inside player’s helmet. That’s a judgement that if it is off in the eyes of the linesman they give the players guidance and inform them they aren’t good to go. You can tell the Dallas defense treated him like an eligible receiver.

You forget that the tackle is on one side of the formation and that the TE issue you cite is on the other side of the formation. Therefore, you are talking about the judgment of two different officials.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tight End is only covered up if the linesman thinks he’s covered up. The outside players helmet isn’t square with the inside player’s helmet. That’s a judgement that if it is off in the eyes of the linesman they give the players guidance and inform them they aren’t good to go. You can tell the Dallas defense treated him like an eligible receiver.

You forget that the tackle is on one side of the formation and that the TE issue you cite is on the other side of the formation. Therefore, you are talking about the judgment of two different officials.
A bunch off here. No. It isn't in the linesman's eyes at all. That's a cop out. The rule is a yard, that isn't a judgment call and it is nowhere near a yard. The linesman doesn't give guidance at all in that case. He will communicate with the outside receiver not a player on the end of the LOS. I'm talking about the OT on the same side of the LOS, but even if you want to bring the other OT into it, in a case like that the Official can look down the whole line if he wants to do so. He doesn't communicate with the other linesman. Their job pre-snap includes doing this exact thing which is why it is uncommon to miss it.

Again like I said it doesn't likely change the outcome of the game and I brought it up from a rules perspective not a "they missed a big call:" perspective. Lastly if you still want to argue the point, Kittle himself stated after the game he wasn't even "in the progression" on the play, which pretty much means he was supposed to be blocking and which would explain the alignment. If you watch it back, the FB blocks and releases but Kittle keeps blocking. Then once he notices the problem he puts his hand up and calls for the ball. And no Dallas wasn't covering him nor did they treat him like an eligible receiver because all he did was block. Look closely at the player that was trailing him. It was the DT he was blocking. Do you think Dallas would have the 310lbs DT covering Kittle downfield?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bunch off here. No. It isn't in the linesman's eyes at all. That's a cop out. The rule is a yard, that isn't a judgment call and it is nowhere near a yard. The linesman doesn't give guidance at all in that case. He will communicate with the outside receiver not a player on the end of the LOS. I'm talking about the OT on the same side of the LOS, but even if you want to bring the other OT into it, in a case like that the Official can look down the whole line if he wants to do so. He doesn't communicate with the other linesman. Their job pre-snap includes doing this exact thing which is why it is uncommon to miss it.

Again like I said it doesn't likely change the outcome of the game and I brought it up from a rules perspective not a "they missed a big call:" perspective. Lastly if you still want to argue the point, Kittle himself stated after the game he wasn't even "in the progression" on the play, which pretty much means he was supposed to be blocking and which would explain the alignment. If you watch it back, the FB blocks and releases but Kittle keeps blocking. Then once he notices the problem he puts his hand up and calls for the ball. And no Dallas wasn't covering him nor did they treat him like an eligible receiver.
Your mistake is assessing things based on your interpretation of language in the rule book while ignoring the way this gets officiated throughout the season. They lost Kittle in coverage because he was a blocker as the play starts, not because of his alignment.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your mistake is assessing things based on your interpretation of language in the rule book while ignoring the way this gets officiated throughout the season. They lost Kittle in coverage because he was a blocker as the play starts, not because of his alignment.
No. That is always called. It's a layup and something officials are trained to look for on every single play. My guess is that if he immediately ran a route it would have been called. The confusion of the way the play developed is probably what made them miss it.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent work, all from your head? Salut, Don Corleone.

Other 2 Cal QBs were Craig Morton and Vinny Ferragamo (kind of a cheat he also went to Nebraska)

Of the 5 Cal QBs only one won the thing LOL. Purdue and Bama all winners, ND 2 of 3

Kyle Boller?

EDIT: Wrong. I missed SB Starting QB.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak was horrible.....he won't lose his job.....so you know who should?

Kellen Moore.....McCarthy didn't hire him. He inherited him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Boller?

EDIT: Wrong. I missed SB Starting QB.
This question would get nuts if we went to back ups counting against the total. But now I’m intrigued haha. That’s a ton of internet scouting. I’ll own the fact that I don’t know the back up of both participants in Super Bowls I - XV. Shit, I can barely do the backups on the last 5 Super Bowls.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This question would get nuts if we went to back ups counting against the total. But now I’m intrigued haha. That’s a ton of internet scouting. I’ll own the fact that I don’t know the back up of both participants in Super Bowls I - XV. Shit, I can barely do the backups on the last 5 Super Bowls.
A fair question would be all QBs that have taken a snap in the SB. That is easy enough to capture…

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak was horrible.....he won't lose his job.....so you know who should?

Kellen Moore.....McCarthy didn't hire him. He inherited him.
That’s just life with Jerry Jones and it’s why he has ruined the championship quality of America’s team. The problem isn’t keeping a guy from past staffs and putting him on there. The problem is in the people he assessed and how poorly he does it. You know who Kellen Moore is? His name used to be Jason Garrett…darling young OC that gets anointed.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fair question would be all QBs that have taken a snap in the SB. That is easy enough to capture…
True. I don’t think it would change much. Very few instances in which the back up comes in during a Super Bowl.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right.
I do vaguely remember a few instances where the starter has to miss a play or a series and a guy has to come in for a play or two but when and who they played for….Oy….I smoked away too many brain cells to do that.