• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Divisional Round Predictions

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be 14 point favorites because they are undefeated at their home field.

Pretty sure the bookmakers accounted for that when setting the line, much like they did the fact that Dallas is 8-0 on the road.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the bookmakers accounted for that when setting the line, much like they did the fact that Dallas is 8-0 on the road.

I'm surprised the line is as big as it is. Dallas is maybe the most public team in sports and undefeated on the road. Before I saw it I guessed it would be GB-3.5/4.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised the line is as big as it is. Dallas is maybe the most public team in sports and undefeated on the road. Before I saw it I guessed it would be GB-3.5/4.
The Cowboys will be playing in extreme cold which will work to Green Bay's advantage since their team is accustomed to those conditions.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a Dallas fan I think I would also try hanging my hat on that remarkable 8-0 road record.

True, but the Pack is 8-0 at home this season. Something has to give, and GreenBay does have more playoff experience if that matters. Regardless it has been a better season for the Cowboys than anyone could have imagined coming into the season.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens 27 Pats 19
Hawks 150 Panthers 3...........Over before they get off the bus...the 3 is a parting gift !!
Broncos 38 Colts 24
Boys 27 GB 20

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I will go

Patriots over Baltimore--hate writing that as my heart says go with Baltimore but I just think talent wise Patriots just have too much

Seattle over Carolina--this one will be closer than some think but Seattle at home is just too much

Dallas over Green Bay--haven't heard much about how Rodger's leg is doing. If he is fine then I probably change my answer here but I just like the Cowboys to go in and run the heck out of the ball and keep Rodgers on the sideline

Broncos over Indy--Broncos are probably the healthiest they have been in a while and I think they have the same game plan as that of Dallas in just run the heck out of the ball keeping Luck on the sideline and the defense rested.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well the Dallas pass defense is suspect, and Rodgers and company can sling it with the best of them. Key for Dallas is run early and often, chew up that clock and score.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle over Carolina--this one will be closer than some think but Seattle at home is just too much

I don't know why people assume Seattle will blow out any team. There is very little evidence of that. I'm just guessing from watching the games that Seattle very rarely has more than a 1 score lead heading into the 4th quarter. Most every game Seattle plays is close. They haven't lost a game by more than 1 score (except for 1 9pt game) in the Russell Wilson era. They also haven't blown many teams out, and when they do, it usually happens in the 4th quarter.

That's by design; Seattle is a 2nd half team...but pretty much every Seattle fan I know thinks this will be a close game (like all of them are) at least until sometime in the 4th quarter.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots 24 - Ravens 17
Seahawks 23 - Panthers 10
Broncos 28 - Colts 14
Packers 35 - Cowboys 21

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why people assume Seattle will blow out any team. There is very little evidence of that. I'm just guessing from watching the games that Seattle very rarely has more than a 1 score lead heading into the 4th quarter. Most every game Seattle plays is close. They haven't lost a game by more than 1 score (except for 1 9pt game) in the Russell Wilson era. They also haven't blown many teams out, and when they do, it usually happens in the 4th quarter.

That's by design; Seattle is a 2nd half team...but pretty much every Seattle fan I know thinks this will be a close game (like all of them are) at least until sometime in the 4th quarter.

I keep seeing people predicting this to just be a snoozer of a game because of Carolina coming into the playoffs with a losing record. While Carolina is not a great team I do think they match up decently with Seattle. Both teams will work hard to establish the run which shortens a game by quite a bit meaning a lower scoring affair. So while Seattle might have this game in hand most of the time I just don't see it ever getting out of control. You are right Seattle doesn't always look to blow teams out. They stick to their game plan of running the football/controlling the field position and then playing smash mouth defense. They wait for teams to make mistakes. If you can play mistake free football against Seattle then you stand a very good chance of winning but that is definitely easier said than done.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not naive enough to think it's a lock, but I do think that Seattle -10.5 is the most attractive of the eight available bets ATS this weekend.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing people predicting this to just be a snoozer of a game because of Carolina coming into the playoffs with a losing record. While Carolina is not a great team I do think they match up decently with Seattle. Both teams will work hard to establish the run which shortens a game by quite a bit meaning a lower scoring affair. So while Seattle might have this game in hand most of the time I just don't see it ever getting out of control. You are right Seattle doesn't always look to blow teams out. They stick to their game plan of running the football/controlling the field position and then playing smash mouth defense. They wait for teams to make mistakes. If you can play mistake free football against Seattle then you stand a very good chance of winning but that is definitely easier said than done.

Yep, it will be a snoozer. Fully expect it to be a 1 score game going into the 4th quarter (either team could be on top). I think Seattle will cap off the win because they are the better overall team and I think regardless of the score, Seattle will be controlling the flow of the game which they will capitalize on late.

I will add that this style of play, while very effective for Seattle over the last 3 seasons, makes for very stressful game days.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Youre right that Seattle isnt built to blow everyone out. But as turnovers rack up things can get out of hand. If Seattle rattles that offense early, look out for the avalanche.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre right that Seattle isnt built to blow everyone out. But as turnovers rack up things can get out of hand. If Seattle rattles that offense early, look out for the avalanche.

Omaha Omaha Omaha

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course it CAN happen. It's just not something that anyone (fan or not) can EXPECT to happen with Seattle, IMO.

When the Bronco's play the Raiders for example, I expect/predict a blow out (and it happens, Denver wins by 3+ scores)
When Seattle plays the Raiders, even I couldn't predict a blow out (and Seattle won by 6).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This to me will be a huge deciding factor. If Seattle gets a turnover in the 1st quarter I honestly see them just running away with this one. If Carolina can escape that 1st quarter and get into the flow of the game this one could come down to the end. The big wildcard for me is I just don't know how Carolina is going to handle the Seattle crowd. Cam is known for getting rattled when things are not going as planned so I could see him getting rattled early and this game just getting out of hand. Essentially Carolina just needs to survive that 1st quarter in my opinion.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina forced more turnovers than Seattle.....just saying