• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Divisional Mount Rushmore

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bob Sanders and Von Miller don't exist then Peyton doesn't have any rings. Defense wins championships.

Elway was 14-7 in the playoffs. Manning was 14-13.

I'm definitely not saying Elway was better than Peyton. I just think calling Elway a bad playoff QB is just silly.

Bad playoff QB's don't make it to 5 SB's. But his 54.5 completion % in the playoffs is lousy.

Since you mentioned Sanders & Miller as reasons for PM's rings I'll ask this. Without Terrell Davis how many rings does Elway get?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Elway was overrated.....probably a better term is overhyped due to him being one of, if not the first 'superstar' to come into the NFL during ESPN's infancy. He got most of the credit for getting the Broncos to the first three SB's, although a lot of that was nonsense, but he definitely was, and still is the face of that franchise. He was most certainly the guy who basically 'carried' that team until TD and the running game arrived.

Now it seems he is underrated. People just look at his stats without factoring in anything. Supporting cast, era he played in, etc. etc. Without question, that guy plays today, he is still one of the best QB's playing. No doubt.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh oh, moronic Yankee Rebel, unsurprisingly with that username. Giving me a facepalm.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you keep typing it doesn't make it true. 14-7, 7.6 YPA during probably the toughest era in the NFL. Beat my team. Beat your team.

Don't take my word for it, though. Go make a poll on the Broncos board and say 'Who is the face of the Denver Broncos: John Elway or Champ Bailey'

I'll wait.

Elway 11-0 vs Pats Mr Ed owned us

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway had one of the best OL's in the NFL, one of the best defenses in the NFL and TD carried them to wins in the playoffs and mainly those SB's. It's why Elway's SB numbers are so bad. No doubt he had his clutch moments, but there was a reason he was in some of those close games, bc he made mistakes and his stout defense bailed him out.

Super Bowls: five games, 152 attempts, 76 completions, 50% completion, 1,128 yards, three touchdowns, eight interceptions, a 59.3 quarterback rating and two Super Bowl victories.

He was a a pretty good regular season QB, a below average playoff QB and a terrible SB QB.
Wont argue most of that. I was just pointing out to whoever (maybe it was you) cant use he had better WRs argument.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC South:

Peyton Manning is the most obvious.

JJ Watt for Houston.

I dunno who for the Titans or Jaguars.

Do we count old Oilers players for the Titans? If so, Earl Campbell. If not then Steve McNair? But we can't use quarterback with Manning already chosen? Makes it double tough.

I can't think of anyone for Jacksonville.

I think you can include the Oilers in with the Titans, as for Jacksonville I'd say Tony Boselli or Fred Taylor. It's hard to have a lot of great names when you're such a young organization.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because you keep typing it doesn't make it true. 14-7, 7.6 YPA during probably the toughest era in the NFL. Beat my team. Beat your team.

Don't take my word for it, though. Go make a poll on the Broncos board and say 'Who is the face of the Denver Broncos: John Elway or Champ Bailey'

I'll wait.

Record isn't saying much. That's like saying Eli was great bc he had two magical runs. I'm not comparing Eli to Elway but for the most part Elway was a mediocre to below mediocre QB in the playoffs. He wasn't the reason he got Super Bowl wins. Favre outplayed him by a lot. Everyone has their opinion but put up a record doesn't mean much.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad playoff QB's don't make it to 5 SB's. But his 54.5 completion % in the playoffs is lousy.

Since you mentioned Sanders & Miller as reasons for PM's rings I'll ask this. Without Terrell Davis how many rings does Elway get?

Zero, maybe one.

The game Elway played "best" was vs ATL. They really had a weak team for a Super Bowl team though. Denver had the superior talent pretty much everywhere.

Terrell Davis carried them vs Green Bay.

And then before TD we saw how that went.

39-20 Elway had 2 TO's. Not a bad game passing.
42-10 Elway had 3 TO's. Below 40 comp %
55-10 Elway had 5 TO's. Below 40 comp %

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Elway was overrated.....probably a better term is overhyped due to him being one of, if not the first 'superstar' to come into the NFL during ESPN's infancy. He got most of the credit for getting the Broncos to the first three SB's, although a lot of that was nonsense, but he definitely was, and still is the face of that franchise. He was most certainly the guy who basically 'carried' that team until TD and the running game arrived.

Now it seems he is underrated. People just look at his stats without factoring in anything. Supporting cast, era he played in, etc. etc. Without question, that guy plays today, he is still one of the best QB's playing. No doubt.

I did factor in his supporting cast. You can say he didn't have WR's but he also had one of the nastiest OL's in the NFL history. Always a top defense and for his two SB wins he had TD. He no doubt had some clutch plays and drives to win games but people really forget how those games were close and why he was put in those situations. Lots and lots of turnovers and missed throws and then his defense stepping up. You can call him clutch if you want but he was also one of the most overrated QB's of all-time.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have used Troy Polumalu (sp?) instead of Woodson, but I completely agree with the others as the best of their teams history.

Troy P. was another Steeler I considered. But Woodson's my all time favorite Steeler so I went w/ him.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees
Warren Sapp
Julio Jones
Luke Kuechley

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brady
bruce smith
martin
buoniconti

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my division, but I would have went with Jack Lambert.

Can't go wrong with either Jack (Lambert and Ham) or Mean Joe. I go with mean Joe myself, but it's hairsplitting if you ask me.