• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Discuss your biggest disappointments as a Vikes fan besides just big losses

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know how brutal a lot of the big losses were such as the plethora of NFC championship losses. I can't speak much to the Superbowl losses, as I wasn't alive for those. But let's discuss our biggest general disappointments as fans besides the specific hearbreak losses.

1. Not winning a Superbowl when we still had Randy Moss and Cris Carter. It can be argued that they GOAT WR tandem. It's an absolute travesty that we didn't manage to get a title for those guys, especially when they were together.

2. Not winning a Superbowl with Adrian Peterson. He was like the Randy Moss of RB's - arguably the most insanely gifted ever at his position. But they wasted most of his career pairing him with bums at QB. Had they managed to get him an average QB early on in his career to spend 6+ seasons with, I think he would be universally considered top 3 all-time at his position. It's also curious to wonder if he might have developed a little better with better coaching than the Chilly regime early on his career.

3. How they passed on trying to sign Drew Brees as a free agent in 2006, instead opting to role with the ancient Brad Johnson and drafting T-Jax. I was so pissed off about it at the time. Even worse to think about than simply missing that opportunity, in an alternate reality, it's very possible that we could have kept Moss in 2005 and paired him with Brees after trading Culpepper.

4. Trading Randy Moss. Without a doubt, Moss needed a change of scenery at the time of his trade to Oakland. But that could have just as easily happened under new ownership and coaching in Minnesota.

5. Passing on Aaron Rogers in the 2005 draft... TWICE. Obviously Rogers wasn't going to be on their radar when they thought Culpepper was their guy, but I remember knowing the damn Packers would get Rogers shortly after our first pick at #7. I was praying that they'd pick Rogers at #18 for the sake of keeping him out of Green Bay. Then they could have let things work out and trade him or Culepper later on, but they didn't have that forethought. I also wanted them to trade Daunte instead of Moss at the time. They could have gotten a king's ransom for Culeppper at that time and kept Moss and picked up Rogers all very easily in the same off-season.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not winning a super bowl

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruining a lot of Sundays.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. Trading Randy Moss. Without a doubt, Moss needed a change of scenery at the time of his trade to Oakland. But that could have just as easily happened under new ownership and coaching in Minnesota.

Ziggy said he would not have traded him.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my biggest disappointment was Red McCombs being the owner. He never had any intention of putting a winning product on the field, he owns teams just to stroke his ego and to try and make money, he has never given a shit about the product.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my biggest disappointment was Red McCombs being the owner. He never had any intention of putting a winning product on the field, he owns teams just to stroke his ego and to try and make money, he has never given a shit about the product.

he set franchise back few years. Refused to invest in anything.