• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dion Jordan

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've become a half way house for reclamation projects. Hopefully it was on very agreeable terms.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've become a half way house for reclamation projects. Hopefully it was on very agreeable terms.

Well, when you don't have much cap space - picking up guys who never reached full potential somewhere else who can still do a lot for your team is the way to go. I can't imagine that this contract is anything but team favorable - he missed the last 2 seasons.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 yr prove it deal. Low risk possible high reward if he can get his head out of the clouds.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Leave no stone unturned. Kind of reminds me of when the Seahawks turned over the roster years ago. They searched high and low for gems, found a few also. They need to unearth a few long shots between a tight cap and drafting near the bottom of the draft.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add 1 more to the pile of 1 year job interview contracts for this off-season. Really not much ventured on these deals except for maybe Joeckel (short term), but if any of them hit then the reward is pretty big.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy was a monster coming out of college. Can't imagine there is much, if any guaranteed money in the deal. I like it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent wise he's never played up to his potential. Busted once for PEDs and twice for substances. If he can stay clean, play to 60% of his potential and a team friendly deal. This is a win for the Hawks.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low mileage guy with issues. This is a typical Move by the FO they just have not done it as much as the did say 2010-11-12. They are turning over every rock looking for people with special talents. I have no doubts some of these guys will stick and perform well for the Hawks. If Jordan is one of them that is still to be seen.

I am ok with this move, would much rather have Irvin back though lol. He was a bigger piece to this defense than they expected. I wanted them to lock him up with a contract before he went to Oakland.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be surprised if he makes the team, honestly

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy was a monster coming out of college. Can't imagine there is much, if any guaranteed money in the deal. I like it.

Eh, I respect your opinion, but disagreeing here (on monster out of college). I was not a fan of Jordan coming out of college and was shocked at how high he was taken. He looked extremely stiff rushing the passer and lacked really any punch or moves to get past O-Lineman. He generally relied on the rest of his team to force the QB into something and then used his speed/athleticism (which he does have granted) to get to the QB on broken plays.

That said, on this acquisition? SURE. I'll take anyone with great athleticism that comes cheap on a 1 year prove it deal... can't coach that up, and our competition at a sort of Bruce Irvin role is limited/weak.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I respect your opinion, but disagreeing here (on monster out of college). I was not a fan of Jordan coming out of college and was shocked at how high he was taken. He looked extremely stiff rushing the passer and lacked really any punch or moves to get past O-Lineman. He generally relied on the rest of his team to force the QB into something and then used his speed/athleticism (which he does have granted) to get to the QB on broken plays.

That said, on this acquisition? SURE. I'll take anyone with great athleticism that comes cheap on a 1 year prove it deal... can't coach that up, and our competition at a sort of Bruce Irvin role is limited/weak.

I can see where you're coming from. The productivity wasn't as great as what you would expect from a top 5 pick, but in terms of him being a monster coming out of college, it was mostly a reference to his measurables. Jordan is an athletic freak.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well you just showed you never watched college football.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you see his college highlights it just doesn't seem possible that he didn't play better in Miami... His speed off the snap is RIDICULOUS and at 6.6 he is a freak athlete... Obviously mentally is where he's off track, so we'll see if Pete can reach him..

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you see his college highlights it just doesn't seem possible that he didn't play better in Miami... His speed off the snap is RIDICULOUS and at 6.6 he is a freak athlete... Obviously mentally is where he's off track, so we'll see if Pete can reach him..
There's also some pretty good vet leadership on the DL on this team in MB & Avril. If there's any team out there who can get this guy on track, it should be this one.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also some pretty good vet leadership on the DL on this team in MB & Avril. If there's any team out there who can get this guy on track, it should be this one.

Yep, I agree. I think Bennett and Avril will be good for this kid. I like the pick up

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yah great... I watched the video and nothing changes.

He made some okay plays, but most were a result of scrub OTs or plays where it was coverage sacks. Nothing about an 8-9 yard gash where he makes a tackle after the run is impressive. Great... he was a CRAZY athlete in college which does jack shit in translating to the NFL unless you have the proper moves/technique to do anything.

Jordan never had it... he relied on pure speed to blow past sub par tackles 24/7 and when he got to the NFL he realized, "OH SHIT! These guys don't allow me to just run by them! I guess I'll do drugs." Everyone with a brain could see the writing on the wall with Jordan.

Look I'm fully rooting for him and if he can get coached up no doubt he could be a monster, but as of now he always was a bust in my book. I gave a D- grade when the Dolphins drafted him (C- player, docked another grade for the trade) and I was and still am 100% correct.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is he in coverage?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is he in coverage?

I wouldn't expect that he's very good, but I don't expect him to be asked to do it a lot. I know it seems like a Bruce Irvin replacement move, but it could just as likely be a "NASCAR package" move that would allow Seattle to have Bennett Avril Clark and Jordan all rushing the passer at once.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I'm fully rooting for him and if he can get coached up no doubt he could be a monster, but as of now he always was a bust in my book. I gave a D- grade when the Dolphins drafted him (C- player, docked another grade for the trade) and I was and still am 100% correct.

I'm not in this debate but if you're going to make that claim here, you need to have proof... :suds: