• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dino Babers

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs

Eastern Illinois Panthers (Ohio Valley Conference)

2012 Eastern Illinois 7–5 6–1 1st L FCS First Round

2013 Eastern Illinois 12–2 8–0 1st L FCS Quarterfinal

Eastern Illinois: 19–7 14–1

Bowling Green Falcons (Mid-American Conference)

2014 Bowling Green 8–6 5–3 1st (East) W Camellia

2015 Bowling Green 10–3 7–1 1st (East) GoDaddy*

Bowling Green: 18–9 12–4

Babers began his coaching career as a graduate assistant at Hawaii in 1984. From there, Babers coached at numerous schools highlighted by offensive coordinator positions at both Arizona and Texas A&M as well as an assistant head coach position with UCLA. After four years as an assistant at Baylor, on December 9, 2011, Babers was named as the new head football coach at Eastern Illinois University to replace Bob Spoo.[2] In two seasons at Eastern Illinois, the Panthers made the playoffs both times[1] while being led by QB Jimmy Garoppolo, who would later become a 2nd round 2014 NFL Draft pick.

On December 18, 2013, Babers was hired as the new head coach at Bowling Green following the departure of previous Falcons' coach Dave Clawson to Wake Forest.[3] Babers led Bowling Green to the 2015 Mid-American Conference (MAC) championship. [4]

On December 5, 2015 Babers became the head coach at Syracuse.

Source Wikipedia

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He promises an uptempo offense that will bring excitement back to SU Football. All reports of the spring game point to exactly that. They ran 155 plays in 100 minutes of playing time. There were 8 TD's as a result of full field drives and 5 more on red zone work where the offense was given the ball inside the 20.

This does bring into question the state of the defense....which had a lot of trouble with the hurry up offense that was being run.

Overall....I expect to see some improvement over a 3 - 9 season. But I don't think they make 500 either. Dungey is prone to taking big hits having to sit out a couple of games last year with concussion(s). The lack of overall size and depth will hurt SU again this year.

And an uptempo offense is a double edge sword. I don't think the SU D is up to the challenge of being on the field 3/4s of a game. Again size and depth being the issue.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source: wiki

In 2013, Garoppolo, playing his senior season in head coach Dino Babers' uptempo no-huddle offense, won the Walter Payton Award, given to the most outstanding offensive player in the Division I Football Championship Subdivision. He was also named the 2013–14 OVC Male Athlete of the Year and the 2013 College Football Performance FCS National Quarterback of the Year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Syracuse.com

Babers believes Garoppolo will mesh well in Kyle Shanahan's West Coast pasing offense.

"I've told people a thousand times he's the most accurate quarterback I've ever seen," Babers said, "and if I'm not mistaken, the San Francisco 49ers are in the West Coast offense, and their big deal is about fast release and accuracy. So in that offense I think it's ideal for him, and I think he'll do a fantastic job."

Garoppolo threw for nearly 9,000 yards in two seasons under Babers. He tossed 53 touchdowns to just nine interceptions his senior season en route to winning the Walter Peyton Award, the Heisman Trophy of FCS football.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Bleacher Report

The San Francisco 49ers have locked down their franchise quarterback as Jimmy Garoppolo has officially signed a new five-year contract worth a reported $137.5 million, per ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Mike Garafolo of NFL Network first reported the new deal. Garafolo said it's the "biggest deal in NFL history on a average-per-year basis."

Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area reported the deal includes a total of $74 million in guaranteed money.