• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did we just win the 2019 draft?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then there is this:

Zac Taylor and the Bengals quarterback situation

"
The Bengals appear to be going another direction. Quarterback Andy Dalton has played at a relatively high level in the past, but has not been the same in recent years. Obviously there was a dip in healthy offensive talent around the same time and a change in coordinator as well. So this decline is not all Dalton’s fault, but anyway you look at it, he is not getting any younger.

So is Zac Taylor expected to get Dalton back on track for a few more years, or is this a complete rebuild where the Bengals are looking for the next guy?

The last 15 Super Bowls have been won by nine quarterbacks — six of them are sure-fire first ballot Fall of Famers and a seventh is young but likely to be the same. This list contains names like Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Russell Wilson. Those are top flight quarterbacks and that group has won 13 of the last 15 Super Bowls.

Andy Dalton does not fit on this list. At his best, he is in the same tier as the two non-hall of famers: Joe Flacco and Nick Foles. Notice that those quarterbacks did not repeat."

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was written on Jan. 18th.
The draft was a clear indication that we are sticking with Andy next season. I think every qb in the NFL job is season to season.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft was a clear indication that we are sticking with Andy next season. I think every qb in the NFL job is season to season.

Correct but they ( front office) fired a shot across the bow of Dalton's camp by drafting a QB in the 4th round!

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was no secret that we were drafting a qb in later rounds. I mentioned that before the draft. Were we serious about replacing Dalton any time soon, we wouldn't have waited until round 4.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was no secret that we were drafting a qb in later rounds. I mentioned that before the draft. Were we serious about replacing Dalton any time soon, we wouldn't have waited until round 4.

No they would have pulled the trigger on Haskins in the 1st round, ( if they liked him)
Which brings up the point they were only in love with Finley?????

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jonah Williams was one of the most overrated players in the entire draft, IMO. Thought that for a while now. :(

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prove it season!!

Thought he was proven.

And no most jobs are secure.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your rationale back tracks, turns left, turns right , spins around . Changes a lot

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals can save 16 million with zero dead money this year if they cut Dalton and even mrscheny admits the Bengals are rebuilding. So Andy could get cut this off season. If not, think your timeline is real close because they will want to see what they have before next season. So to know if they need to draft another QB, because no way is Dalton still the QB in 2020

They'll give Dalton the chance but he'll be average to meh so the Bengals will be out of the playoff race and benched to see what this kid has. I do agree he won't be on the team in 2020.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll give Dalton the chance but he'll be average to meh so the Bengals will be out of the playoff race and benched to see what this kid has. I do agree he won't be on the team in 2020.

Actually I think that is how it works out also, but love to:boink: mrschaney for his ridiculous pretend love for Dalton. Bengal are cheap motherf***ers so I don't rule out cutting Dalton this off season. :rolleyes:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think that is how it works out also, but love to:boink: mrschaney for his ridiculous pretend love for Dalton. Bengal are cheap motherf***ers so I don't rule out cutting Dalton this off season. :rolleyes:

My trolling is short in her threads

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or they decided they needed a back for the "tank for Tua run" in the 2020 draft?

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every qb in the league is on a short leash. Just the business of the game. If Big Ben started out 0-2 with horrible stats, the talk would start. Brady might be the only guy in the league that could go about 0-8 before the replacement talk started. Your only as good as your last couple of games.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are rebuilding and the youngest team in the NFL in 2019. We aren't expecting to win but 5-6 games. We don't have unrealistic expectations, unlike the Brownies.

Why not? I expect us to compete. I am not going to be a Debbie downer like June here. I think the Bengals can win as many as 11 games if things go well and guys stay healthy. If they get hurt like last year, I don't think we have the depth to compete. We will see where the chips fall. This team was way worse last year, and they were 1 minute away from starting 5-1. I think the biggest hurdle for the Bengals is not talent, but learning the new playbooks on both sides of the ball.

I can see it being a little rough the first half the year and maybe going 4-4.

I definitely can see us beating Seattle in the opener on the road. Seattle just lost their best pass rusher, they best WR just retired and left a hole. Wilson is a good QB, but it is going to rely heavily on him and his legs and the RB's. Our secondary will be able to stack the box because there is no major threat at WR right now except maybe Lockett, who I think can be manned very easily by Jackson alone.

That crowd will be tough on opening day with a new offensive playbook, but fortunately, they have the mics in the helmets now. Get the plays called, call it in the huddle, and go to hand signals and on snap at the line. Fortunately, Taylor has got to be part of a game plan against Seattle 4 times in the last two years.

I say we can be anywhere from 8-8 to 11-5 if things go well and health is maintained.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? I expect us to compete. I am not going to be a Debbie downer like June here. I think the Bengals can win as many as 11 games if things go well and guys stay healthy. If they get hurt like last year, I don't think we have the depth to compete. We will see where the chips fall. This team was way worse last year, and they were 1 minute away from starting 5-1. I think the biggest hurdle for the Bengals is not talent, but learning the new playbooks on both sides of the ball.

I definitely can see us beating Seattle in the opener on the road. Seattle just lost their best pass rusher, they best WR just retired and left a hole. Wilson is a good QB, but it is going to rely heavily on him and his legs and the RB's. Our secondary will be able to stack the box because there is no major threat at WR right now except maybe Lockett, who I think can be manned very easily by Jackson alone.

That crowd will be tough on opening day with a new offensive playbook, but fortunately, they have the mics in the helmets now. Get the plays called, call it in the huddle, and go to hand signals and on snap at the line. Fortunately, Taylor has got to be part of a game plan against Seattle 4 times in the last two years.

I say we can be anywhere from 8-8 to 11-5 if things go well and health is maintained.
11 games:pound:

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thant's a bit too optimistic. My ceiling for the Bengals is 9 wins if things go well. Their division is going to be tough. They have an average QB. Their draft wasn't very good.