• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did McCaffery actually break Sanders record?

Did christian McCaffery actually break Barry Sanders record for all purpose yards?

• Yes

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L
Sanders played in more games than the person who's record he broke too. There were 10 games at one point. I still remember 9. Look back at history and find years they played 7. And yet records still fall. They do not carry an * or require some extra words.

This is a fact.

McCaffrey now holds the most all purpose yards for a season. And some day someone might break it having played in 14 games. It will still count whether or not you like it.
Damnit, now sanders' record isn't even legit...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you consider facts? Going off of what was set forth in the original record. What has been provided to justify McCaffery breaking the record has a lot of grey areas. The stats provided in black and white are very telling. Do you consider a non scheduled CCG as regular season. Based in the fact the original record is based only on scheduled regular season games?
The "original record". You should look up the original record and see how many games the original holder played in...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Henry stat and the McCaffrey stat is the exact same. They broke records in 13 games that players who played 11 games held.
I'm not even talking about Henry I'm not sure what he has to do with the topic. I'm inly comparing Barry sanders original record based in the standards set in the original record. In comparison to what is being claimed as a record that was broken. Where that stats being used do not comply with the stats used in the original record

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "original record". You should look up the original record and see how many games the original holder played in...
11 regular season games. 0 non regular season games are applied in the original record

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 regular season games. 0 non regular season games are applied in the original record
So, you think sanders was the first player to hold that record then?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common logic really it's no different from every other sport that separates regular season stats from playoffs and championship games. So why do we consider this any different?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you consider facts? Going off of what was set forth in the original record. What has been provided to justify McCaffery breaking the record has a lot of grey areas. The stats provided in black and white are very telling. Do you consider a non scheduled CCG as regular season. Based in the fact the original record is based only on scheduled regular season games?

I consider the season what the NCAA considers the season which is.....wait for it.....the SEASON! For your purposes, for your argument, I understand your point. I truly do. But the NCAA, you know the governing body, the one's who determine what is what, say you are wrong. It is black and white. The record that you are arguing about has officially been broken based on the rules set forth by those who set forth the rules. How can it be more black and white than that?

Now, if anyone were arguing that because McCaffrey broke Sanders' record he is a better player, that would be up for debate. It would be a foolish debate but a debate none the less. If someone is saying McCaffrey accomplished more this year than Barry did in '88, that's a different debate. But the leg you're trying to stand on holds no weight in the discussion that you brought to the table. The facts say you're wrong. Dead wrong.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you think sanders was the first player to hold that record then?
Did I ever say he was. You know what I mean by original. The record that was deemed broken. Now can you answer why We would include non regular season games. Being as the stats set forth in Sanders recor were all obtained during the regular season? Or it should be any different florin every other sport that separates playoff and championship stats from regular season stats?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry was a junior
Awesome. So Sanders needed two less games, but was another full season more experienced.

Both were great seasons. Both had never been done before.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I ever say he was. You know what I mean by original. The record that was deemed broken. Now can you answer why We would include non regular season games. Being as the stats set forth in Sanders recor were all obtained during the regular season? Or it should be any different florin every other sport that separates playoff and championship stats from regular season stats?
Can you answer why this would be different then the last time this same record was broken by a guy who played more games than the original holder?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider the season what the NCAA considers the season which is.....wait for it.....the SEASON! For your purposes, for your argument, I understand your point. I truly do. But the NCAA, you know the governing body, the one's who determine what is what, say you are wrong. It is black and white. The record that you are arguing about has officially been broken based on the rules set forth by those who set forth the rules. How can it be more black and white than that?

Now, if anyone were arguing that because McCaffrey broke Sanders' record he is a better player, that would be up for debate. It would be a foolish debate but a debate none the less. If someone is saying McCaffrey accomplished more this year than Barry did in '88, that's a different debate. But the leg you're trying to stand on holds no weight in the discussion that you brought to the table. The facts say you're wrong. Dead wrong.
All fine and good had the orevious record not been based in the regular season and playoff stats were included. But the standard set forth in measuring the stat the record is based on is 11 regular season games post season excluded. When we go off of the specifics of the previous record. McCaffery comes short by over 200 yards.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry had more touches so yeah, McCaffery broke it. However the touchdown differential tells the real story.

Sanders >>> McCaffery >>>>>>>> Sanders Jr.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even talking about Henry I'm not sure what he has to do with the topic. I'm inly comparing Barry sanders original record based in the standards set in the original record. In comparison to what is being claimed as a record that was broken. Where that stats being used do not comply with the stats used in the original record

Someone brought up Henry to ask you if you feel the same way about the SEC record he broke, which is the exact same curcumstance. I'm sure we've all guessed that you continue to avoid the comparison because Henry didn't embarrass your team. the part that you don't seem to get is that we all get that Barry did it in less games. Obviously it's a bigger accomplishment to do it in 11 instead of 13 games. But you continue to try to make your opinion about how many games are played today the facts. The origianl record doesn't necessarily state that it was done in 11 games, only that it was done over ONE SEASON. What constitutes a season is not up for debate. what constitutes a season is set forth by the NCAA and you're belief that the anything after 12 games shouldn't count doesn't matter, the NCAA counts them. You either get that or you don't but it's pretty clear.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, the '72 Dolphins weren't really undefeated because they played fewer games than they do now... I just realized that using the logic I have learned in this thread.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you answer why this would be different then the last time this same record was broken by a guy who played more games than the original holder?
If we went using the same guidelines its not breaking a record. The previous record included only regular season games. Even with the extra regular season game he's still short. Now can you anse my questions?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we went using the same guidelines its not breaking a record. The previous record included only regular season games. Even with the extra regular season game he's still short. Now can you anse my questions?
No, there's no point. Using your reasoning no records are currently valid because they play more games than they did when they started keeping records...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone brought up Henry to ask you if you feel the same way about the SEC record he broke, which is the exact same curcumstance. I'm sure we've all guessed that you continue to avoid the comparison because Henry didn't embarrass your team. the part that you don't seem to get is that we all get that Barry did it in less games. Obviously it's a bigger accomplishment to do it in 11 instead of 13 games. But you continue to try to make your opinion about how many games are played today the facts. The origianl record doesn't necessarily state that it was done in 11 games, only that it was done over ONE SEASON. What constitutes a season is not up for debate. what constitutes a season is set forth by the NCAA and you're belief that the anything after 12 games shouldn't count doesn't matter, the NCAA counts them. You either get that or you don't but it's pretty clear.
I saw that but it wasn't me and not the topic i want to discuss. This is not a Henry threed and i would really like to keep it about the Sanders record and whether or not we can really say he broke the record while staying in the guidelines set forth in the original record.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, there's no point. Using your reasoning no records are currently valid because they play more games than they did when they started keeping records...
`because the facts are black and white? I still haven't seen anything that supports McCaffery breaking the record within the guidelines set forth in the original record.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common logic really it's no different from every other sport that separates regular season stats from playoffs and championship games. So why do we consider this any different?

Because the NCAA said so. That's the most common logic you need. What other sports have bowl games? What other sport do you play in post season games that have no chance in resulting in the ultimate prize? College football is like no other sport. Even more so, it is up to the league/entity/whatever you want to call it to determine what numbers count, what wins, losses count, how you end up in a post season game in the first place and the NCAA has determined that this is how their records are set. You obviously can't live with that fact but it's a fact none the less.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
`because the facts are black and white? I still haven't seen anything that supports McCaffery breaking the record within the guidelines set forth in the original record.
Well, either did sanders then, it's all moot.