• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did McCaffery actually break Sanders record?

Did christian McCaffery actually break Barry Sanders record for all purpose yards?

• Yes

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, amount of games will always change, it just happens. This is not the first nor will it be the last. Yards Per Game are what really matter, they won't change no matter how many games are played. Sanders still wins there, but this whole argument is not who is better, that argument would be very short.

The argument is who has the most yards in a single season, and that argument should be just as short, it is Ed McCaffery's kid.

Does Christian McCaffery use the smaller pads like his dad? I always thought that guy was crazy.
The amount if games may change. But the standard of using regular season game stats throughout the history of the record is the most questionable factor IMO. When you view the record by the standards set and use only stats for regular season games without CCGs and bowls as per the guidelines every other player that held the record were held to. McCaffery is 215 yards short of the record

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
acknowledgement of data and lack of data to support McCaffery legitimately breaking the record. Does not distinguish it as a legitimate record or make his " record" relevant. I would actually like to see data provided proving otherwise to elevate the debate. But I don't think there is any. I even tried to find some myself to stay objective
You are asking for "facts" to dispute what amounts to your opinion. It's a fools errand.

You keep ignoring that this record is already a fact according to the body responsible for keeping those records. This means you are simply sharing your opinion that it isn't fair or equal. Both of those views are reasonable. Calling those opinions facts doesn't make them so.

He holds the record and it isn't an equal situation. It's not the first, and won't be the last of these to not be equal. Every time they add games this happens. Every single time.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see OJ in the OT
Well, you better go start a thread about it then. We need to know if the NFL record book is right, and you're the one with that information. Ain't no record legit with the clarkson stamp of approval...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are no parallels between OJ's record that was only broken after they added 2 games, and Barry's record that was only broken after they added 2 games....

I am sure this same argument was had in 1984, but now nobody argues that Dickerson holds the record, the same will be true for McCaffery.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well to be fair if ya really wanna see OJ ya gotta take a trip to the Nevada prison he currently lives in. And OJ is still looking for the real killer...the problem is he doesn't have a mirror in his jail cell.:lol:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowl records are going to get muddy now that they have extra rounds. Carrer numbers are now skewed because of both the ccg and extra game for top 2 teams.

And all of it counts.

Everyone that follows the sport knows about these disparities in stats. This isn't new or unique and won't be the last.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are asking for "facts" to dispute what amounts to your opinion. It's a fools errand.

You keep ignoring that this record is already a fact according to the body responsible for keeping those records. This means you are simply sharing your opinion that it isn't fair or equal. Both of those views are reasonable. Calling those opinions facts doesn't make them so.

He holds the record and it isn't an equal situation. It's not the first, and won't be the last of these to not be equal. Every time they add games this happens. Every single time.
Im asking for facts as to why it would be considered a legitimate record. While staying in the format of the original record. Or are we just rewriting records for the sake of A media story. The integrity of the game,its history and its records that players earned is not a fools errand to me.Its a passion for the game

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be fair if ya really wanna see OJ ya gotta take a trip to the Nevada prison he currently lives in. And OJ is still looking for the real killer...the problem is he doesn't have a mirror in his jail cell.:lol:
maybe he can look for some form of fact that McCafferys record is real too :L

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowl records are going to get muddy now that they have extra rounds. Carrer numbers are now skewed because of both the ccg and extra game for top 2 teams.

And all of it counts.

Everyone that follows the sport knows about these disparities in stats. This isn't new or unique and won't be the last.
And thats the catch. Not one stat for bowls or CCGs were used for any of the previous record holders. Including players that played in them. So why would they be used now when the record has always been based on regular season games?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no parallels between OJ's record that was only broken after they added 2 games, and Barry's record that was only broken after they added 2 games....

I am sure this same argument was had in 1984, but now nobody argues that Dickerson holds the record, the same will be true for McCaffery.
Did they include playoff stats in OJ's record that was broken. Or was that solely based on regular season games as well?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im asking for facts as to why it would be considered a legitimate record. While staying in the format of the original record. Or are we just rewriting records for the sake of A media story. The integrity of the game,its history and its records that players earned is not a fools errand to me.Its a passion for the game
I've answered it several times, several ways. You just don't like the answer.

You are trying to create some new and arbitrary thing called 'format of the original record'. You have to create this because you don't like the facts.

The original format is, and always had been, a season is a season. The number of games in a season has changed many times and now isn't the same for every team, but it is still a season. You can't dispute that. All you can do is share your opinion that it isn't fair, which many you are arguing with would agree with.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thats the catch. Not one stat for bowls or CCGs were used for any of the previous record holders. Including players that played in them. So why would they be used now when the record has always been based on regular season games?

It's pretty irrelevant since OSU didn't play in the CCG anyway. So how would anything be different right now either way?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They followed the current rules as defined by the governing body
So they followed the previous format? If they followed the format then questionable because of extra Regular season games but legit

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't. You are making shit up to keep trying to insist your opinions are facts. Ccg's have been deemed to count in season totals. This is now fact. You just don't like it and we understand why.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty irrelevant since OSU didn't play in the CCG anyway. So how would anything be different right now either way?
Any player that held the record had stats only based on regular season games. You don't add playoff game to deem a player breaking the record for most yards in an NFL,season,most goals in an NHL season. Points in an NBA season.............. Common logic