• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did McCaffery actually break Sanders record?

Did christian McCaffery actually break Barry Sanders record for all purpose yards?

• Yes

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which brings us back to there are CCGs that count now...
So we are rewriting preexisting standards set forth to fit agendas. I'll go with the numbers and past president.. Changing whats set forth is watered down and does not change the actual facts. Thats stretching not supporting the argument or debunking the facts. I need a stronger case than that provided

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are rewriting preexisting standards set forth to fit agendas. I'll go with the numbers and past president.. Changing whats set forth is watered down and does not change the actual facts. Thats stretching not supporting the argument or debunking the facts. I need a stronger case than that provided
I know clarkson... but changing the number of games is okay as long as it's regular season, or as long as you agree that it's regular season...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need a stronger case than you don't like it. That's all you've been able to bring. Everyone else has acknowledged all the facts of the situation...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so now the number of games doesn't matter, as long as clarkson deems them regular season?

Alright man...
I still think they matter, But the fact that it couldn't be done in the regular season as per all the previous records. that is a lot more telling. And the biggest factor in why the record is far from legit. Its well outside the guidelines of the definition of the record

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know clarkson... but changing the number of games is okay as long as it's regular season, or as long as you agree that it's regular season...
And thats were the regular season template set forth by all the precious record holders is the most telling piece. You don't have to adjust any numbers to level the playing firld. If you go based off regular season stats without post season. As every other player that held the record did. . When you use the same standards as everyone else even with the extra regular season game.McCaffery comes up 215 yards shy

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thats were the regular season template set forth by all the precious record holders is the most telling piece. You don't have to adjust any numbers to level the playing firld. If you go based off regular season stats without post season. As every other player that held the record did. . When you use the same standards as everyone else even with the extra regular season game.McCaffery comes up 215 yards shy
I'm pretty sure CCGs have always counted, Sanders' team just didn't play in it...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need a stronger case than you don't like it. That's all you've been able to bring. Everyone else has acknowledged all the facts of the situation...
My case is based on stats and facts not once did i use the argument i don't like it. I don't care for tainted records because i am a fan of the game. But that doesn't change the argument i have put up holds a lot of water. I would like something solid to counter it. But i don't see that happening the case against it being legit is far too strong

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure CCGs have always counted, Sanders' team just didn't play in it...
Not that this matters too much, your argument is flawed regardless..

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go through the previous record holders. Not one CCG or Bowl game was included in the final tally. CCGs and bowl games are no different than playoff games in other sports. New seasons new stats

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go through the previous record holders. Not one CCG or Bowl game was included in the final tally. CCGs and bowl games are no different than playoff games in other sports. New seasons new stats
Then I refer you to post 108.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My case is based on stats and facts not once did i use the argument i don't like it. I don't care for tainted records because i am a fan of the game. But that doesn't change the argument i have put up holds a lot of water. I would like something solid to counter it. But i don't see that happening the case against it being legit is far too strong
No, it's not. All you have is you don't like how it's done now. No one's denied any data, we've all acknowledged it, you just don't like that it's not relevant.

I egerly anticipate your response of "but the facts say otherwise.."

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
`because the facts are black and white? I still haven't seen anything that supports McCaffery breaking the record within the guidelines set forth in the original record.
Because you are blinded by your hate.

There were APY records back when there were 10 games too. Someone was first to break it with 11. Someone was first to break it with 10 when they bumped up from 9 games.

You don't like it. We get it. Is it fair? Not really. Very few teams play 13 games. But it is a stone cold fact that it counts.

Would it count more if they played at Hawaii and for the extra free home game because of it? A team could get that extra game and go to the ccg and have a 14 game season and that too would count.

No one has said he is better than Sanders, nor even as good. No one says it's exactly the same thing. But it is indisputable that he now holds that record. Everyone can chime in on how shitty it is, but that doesn't change that basic fact.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not aware that OJ still held the rushing record in the NFL
You better check with clarkson to make sure he agrees. You never know...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not. All you have is you don't like how it's done now. No one's denied any data, we've all acknowledged it, you just don't like that it's not relevant.

I egerly anticipate your response of "but the facts say otherwise.."
acknowledgement of data and lack of data to support McCaffery legitimately breaking the record. Does not distinguish it as a legitimate record or make his " record" relevant. I would actually like to see data provided proving otherwise to elevate the debate. But I don't think there is any. I even tried to find some myself to stay objective

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, amount of games will always change, it just happens. This is not the first nor will it be the last. Yards Per Game are what really matter, they won't change no matter how many games are played. Sanders still wins there, but this whole argument is not who is better, that argument would be very short.

The argument is who has the most yards in a single season, and that argument should be just as short, it is Ed McCaffery's kid.

Does Christian McCaffery use the smaller pads like his dad? I always thought that guy was crazy.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also how the hell is he only 6 feet tall? is his mom like 5'2" or something?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
acknowledgement of data and lack of data to support McCaffery legitimately breaking the record. Does not distinguish it as a legitimate record or make his " record" relevant. I would actually like to see data provided proving otherwise to elevate the debate. But I don't think there is any. I even tried to find some myself to stay objective
You know what makes it legitimate? It will say "christian mccaffrey" (or McCaffery if you're theboardref) next to "most single season all purpose yards" in the record book when it's updated. None of your "facts" are going to make change that it's a legit record.