• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did a redraft today.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRs left:

upload_2020-8-23_14-58-49.png

Sammy Watkins status has dropped to waiver wire fodder.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBs left:

upload_2020-8-23_15-0-40.png

Thinking maybe Justin Jackson or McFarland

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Williams might be hurt

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I'm going to counter with this:

I trade Howard and the 14.09

For Breida and the 12.10

Worth it ?

@Stomp @TREFF @SteelersPride @averagejoe
Sorry. Was busy.
I think keeping Howard and landing Love was a good choice.
Kind of changing my outlook this year in redraft leagues.
Which is: Instead of targeting the players who are expected to take over by the end of the season, I think it would be better to target players with an immediate role. Especially with the uncertainty of COVID to screw up rosters.
Yes these players' value may fade later in the season, but the flip-side of that is the high ceiling prospects would currently take up a valuable bench spot now.
Important to win early.
Preparing for a late season spark may be an issue if COVID cuts the season short.
Or as Matthew Berry said, the idea is to win each week.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2020-8-23_15-44-0.png

Took Justin Jackson because I need the help at RB, if I hadn't would of took Perriman. Maybe next round.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think josh kelley leap just jackson easily........id gamble on the NE backs or hyde, biggest boom potential

You might be right about Justin Jackson. I'm not that high on him. He at least knows the offense and with this season being what it is, that is a better advantage then usual , so I'm crossing my fingers on him. White and Harris were off the boards and Micheal been on the Pup list all training camp,. Which leaves Burkhead and Miller. Seems like a congested backfield . Hyde is what he is ...... a journeyman that's filling in for Penny until Penny is back.
I may not agree with suggestions, but I like the input none the less. It's good to see how others feel about players and get a different point of view. Some times it changes me mind, if not for this draft maybe the next one.

The draft is dragging now, as hours go by before a pick is made. Not that there is a need to finish soon, just a lot funner if there is a flow to the draft.

Last edited:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right about Justin Jackson. I'm not that high on him. He at least knows the offense and with this season being what it is, that is a better advantage then usual , so I'm crossing my fingers on him. White and Harris were off the boards and Micheal been on the Pup list all training camp,. Which leaves Burkhead and Miller. Seems like a congested backfield . Hyde is what he is ...... a journeyman that's filling in for Penny until Penny is back.
I may not agree with suggestions, but I like the input none the less. It's good to see how others feel about players and get a different point of view. Some times it changes me mind, if not for this draft maybe the next one.

The draft is dragging now, as hours go by before a pick is made. Not that there is a need to finish soon, just a lot funner if there is a flow to the draft.
Totally agree. My views are often very different. But the input I get from others here gives me a lot of very well rounded viewpoints. Tons of different angles to look at that I may not have considered before.

Think someone in LAC takes over Ekelers old role, maybe it is Jackson to start. But I do like Kelly.

hyde is Hyde it’s more a health gamble. With both penny and Carson. He could be a gold mine. Could be a useless piece.

New England is very crowded . I could honestly see Lamar Miller being the guy there ...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I'm late. I would look at Carlos Hyde or maybe Penny (not sure about his status, but I think he is out until midseasonish).

Not sure I love the initial trade down. You gave up Zeke, DJ Chark (I think I would have taken Courtland Sutton, though) and TY Hilton (maybe Boyd for me) for Tyreek, ARob, and AJ Brown. I feel like if we posted that deal that most of us would take the Zeke side.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it was said but is this Full PPR or standard?

Just trying to gauge:

Zeke, Chark and Hilton

for

Hill, ARobinson and AJ Brown

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I'm late. I would look at Carlos Hyde or maybe Penny (not sure about his status, but I think he is out until midseasonish).

Not sure I love the initial trade down. You gave up Zeke, DJ Chark (I think I would have taken Courtland Sutton, though) and TY Hilton (maybe Boyd for me) for Tyreek, ARob, and AJ Brown. I feel like if we posted that deal that most of us would take the Zeke side.

I did say it was a gamble I won't do often. Was more to try something different. No one knows how the draft breaks down after the first few picks. Chubbs got drafted right in front my 2.2, I would have loved for him to fall to me, but he didn't. Close but no cigars.

The trade calculator I use rates it like this:

upload_2020-8-24_10-9-14.png

I felt I did OK with that trade myself, but it would be interesting to see how folks rate the trade. I'll start a new trade with a poll.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it was said but is this Full PPR or standard?

Just trying to gauge:

Zeke, Chark and Hilton

for

Hill, ARobinson and AJ Brown
Full PPR 2 RBs, 2 WRs and 2 flex

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2020-8-24_10-13-40.png

Since some feel Hyde has value I drafted him. Now I need a defense and a kicker.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did say it was a gamble I won't do often. Was more to try something different. No one knows how the draft breaks down after the first few picks. Chubbs got drafted right in front my 2.2, I would have loved for him to fall to me, but he didn't. Close but no cigars.

The trade calculator I use rates it like this:

View attachment 251594

I felt I did OK with that trade myself, but it would be interesting to see how folks rate the trade. I'll start a new trade with a poll.
Wow... that is quite the difference. I imagine that is a dynasty trade calculator, though. Probably why TY is so low and Brown is above Golladay. That is still a lot wider gap than I would have expected.

I realize that you never know what can happen once the deal is done. Had Chubb or Mixon fallen to you, it would definitely make me think about it more. Also, may have liked the deal better if you would have grabbed Aaron Jones instead of Golladay.

I don't hate the trade, especially when you were doing it just to shake things up, but it seemed like everyone who chimed in was loving the deal and I wanted to bring up a different point of view.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... that is quite the difference? I imagine that is a dynasty trade calculator,

It is a dynasty calculator, so there's that, but Hill, Golladay and A. J. Brown are
solid picks and Chark and Hilton are not solid and come with a lot of risk. I don't like Aaron Jones to get all those TDs this season. Think Carson out points him, but I'm bias.
Even given that the calculator is dynasty, my side of the trade is just better IMO. I like the different point of view though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My roster ( still need a kicker)

upload_2020-8-24_10-51-56.png
upload_2020-8-24_10-53-30.png