• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dexter

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would probably rate the seasons like this (loosely)…

1 - S1 (Ice Truck Killer)
2 - S2 (Bay Harbor Butcher)
3 - S4 (Trinity)
4 - S9 (Jim Lindsey)
5 - S3 (Prado)
6 - S7 (Hannah/Russian mob)
7 - S8 (Vogel/Brain Surgeon)
8 - S5 (Lumen/Oilcan Killer)
9 - S6 (DDK)

Dang you got Trinity at 3???

I can see putting season 1 ahead but tough for me to see any season above it otherwise.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang you got Trinity at 3???

I can see putting season 1 ahead but tough for me to see any season above it otherwise.
The show was already losing its grip by that time. Trinity was a good foil, and of course Lithgow nailed it, and the end was devastating, but the shine had already begun to leave the show by that time. And it was coming off a very rough S3 that it had some damage control to deal with.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this…

1 - S1 (Ice Truck Killer)
2 - S2 (Bay Harbor Butcher)
3 - S4 (Trinity)

4 - S9 (Jim Lindsey)
5 - S3 (Prado)

6 - S7 (Hannah/Russian mob)
7 - S8 (Vogel/Brain Surgeon)

8 - S5 (Lumen/Oilcan Killer)
9 - S6 (DDK)

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show was already losing its grip by that time. Trinity was a good foil, and of course Lithgow nailed it, and the end was devastating, but the shine had already begun to leave the show by that time. And it was coming off a very rough S3 that it had some damage control to deal with.

Yeah that’s a good point. I just thought that Trinity was a pretty well fleshed out plot line and origin compared to the rest as well.

I’m actually doing my first ever rewatch now. Only half way through 6.

Seasons 1,2 and 4 all held up to memory. 2 is still my least fav of the 3 simply cause psycho Lyla or whatever sucks.

S3 while not terrible is definitely worse than I remember and clearly a regression from 1 and 2. Prado gets really ridiculous and the skinner much more irrelevant than I remembered

S5 I thought is undereated. Not Trinity but not a collapse. Ended very convenient though with a brutal finale.

So far, S6 is just as stupid and awful as I remembered. Just a really dumb season long killer plot

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that’s a good point. I just thought that Trinity was a pretty well fleshed out plot line and origin compared to the rest as well.

I’m actually doing my first ever rewatch now. Only half way through 6.

Seasons 1,2 and 4 all held up to memory. 2 is still my least fav of the 3 simply cause psycho Lyla or whatever sucks.

S3 while not terrible is definitely worse than I remember and clearly a regression from 1 and 2. Prado gets really ridiculous and the skinner much more irrelevant than I remembered

S5 I thought is undereated. Not Trinity but not a collapse. Ended very convenient though with a brutal finale.

So far, S6 is just as stupid and awful as I remembered. Just a really dumb season long killer plot
Lumen was just gawd awful. The group of bad guys were pretty bad, but the execution just wasn’t there, I thought.

S6 was unfortunate because Hanks was soooo badly miscast. He was never believable. And the “twist” was obvious from about the 3rd act of ep 1. And yes, it was absolutely intended to be a twist. Apparently the cast had no idea. It was fun that Deb was finally brought into the fold, and her character never really recovered after finding out, which was actually pretty well done by the show runners. That isn’t something that someone should be able to really ever recover from.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dexter is officially 0 for 2 on finales

Fucking unbelievable

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dexter is officially 0 for 2 on finales

Fucking unbelievable
What did you expect?

if they do decide to move forward with Harrison as the lead, Dexter could be his Dark Passenger. But Harrison never learned the code, so he would end up being much more brutal than Dex ever was.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you expect?

if they do decide to move forward with Harrison as the lead, Dexter could be his Dark Passenger. But Harrison never learned the code, so he would end up being much more brutal than Dex ever was.

I think we all expected they were headed towards that resolution. But it’s the one no one really wanted AND it was horribly done.

For all the talk about how lazy the writing was having Angela piece things together before the finale. The writing to get to the climax in this one was horrendous. Like makes dropping veggie Deb into the ocean and sailing into a hurricane look good, type of horrendous.

And a Harrison show will absolutely bomb. Kinda mind boggling the head show runner of this said the finale was the best thing he’s ever written.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all expected they were headed towards that resolution. But it’s the one no one really wanted AND it was horribly done.

For all the talk about how lazy the writing was having Angela piece things together before the finale. The writing to get to the climax in this one was horrendous. Like makes dropping veggie Deb into the ocean and sailing into a hurricane look good, type of horrendous.

And a Harrison show will absolutely bomb. Kinda mind boggling the head show runner of this said the finale was the best thing he’s ever written.
I agree with the lazy writing.
They just wanted to wrap things up.

My ending :
Kurt is still alive.
He takes Chief Bishop's daughter hostage.
Chief Bishop needs Dexter to think like the serial killer he is and save her daughter from winding up like the rest.
Dexter and Harrison team up to thwart Kurt and save the daughter.

Chief Bishop thanks Harrison, then arrests Dexter.

Chief Bishop calls in Batista and we get a mini reunion.
Looks like Chief Bishop has everything she needs to put Dexter away.
Phone call from her daughter.
It's Harrison.
You can pretty much guess how the rest goes and it's up to you on whether you want Dexter and Harrison moving on to the next part of their life or if Dexter dies to save his son somehow. I was thinking that Dexter tells Harrison that the daughter has to die, but Harrison refuses and maybe kills him?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My ending :
Kurt is still alive.
Chief Bishop needs Dexter to think like the serial killer he is and save her daughter from winding up like the rest.

It's Harrison.
You can pretty much guess how the rest goes and it's up to you on whether you want Dexter and Harrison moving on to the next part of their life or if Dexter dies to save his son somehow. I was thinking that Dexter tells Harrison that the daughter has to die, but Harrison refuses and maybe kills him?

they made Harrison look like he couldnt handle the murder... he could still be saved... Which is why i disliked the finale even more... As dexter only saw one conclusion, and that was for his son to kill him...

It was weird how Dexter turned at the end... sure, he always had the hero complex added to his dark passenger... but i never thought he was delusional... They made him seem delusional at the end... until he realized he had to die...

would have been nice to see a bautista dexter reunion... not sure why they did not go that path...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My ending :
Kurt is still alive.

It's Harrison.

Yeah incorporating the Kurt plot more woulda been way better. Angela basically didn’t care.

Shit, a S2 “manhunt” type tease woulda been a great ending should they decide to bring it back.

Have Dexter on the run with or without Harrison. And Angela/Batista trying to track him.

The way it played out was way too contrived and so many plot holes.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah incorporating the Kurt plot more woulda been way better. Angela basically didn’t care.

Shit, a S2 “manhunt” type tease woulda been a great ending should they decide to bring it back.

Have Dexter on the run with or without Harrison. And Angela/Batista trying to track him.

The way it played out was way too contrived and so many plot holes.

I dont know if wanted anymore from the Kurt story... i was fine with how it ended...

maybe it would have been nice to do more of a nod to the trinity killer... found it interesting that they didnt do more with how harrison was the baby who survived...

actually they could have done a lot with that... that could have been more of the reason harrison killed dexter...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, did they explain who Kurt's stooge was?? i mean, its not very normal for a serial killer to have a minion...

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't like it. The entire season should have been 2 seasons and not so rushed toward the last episodes.

Oh well. On to the next...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't like it. The entire season should have been 2 seasons and not so rushed toward the last episodes.

Oh well. On to the next...

What’s weird. I didn’t think the season felt rushed at all. Until the last 15 minutes of the finale.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series should have been so much better with the various plot points and relationships they developed with Kurt, Angela her daughter and Harrison. As soon as I saw the ending coming I thought, "that's it?".

The series started weak, then it got intriguing as they introduced the main chacraters and developed their purposes and relationships. But then they just wrapped it up with a very basic, very final.. though rather predictable conclusion. Disappointing.