• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: DETROIT LIONS VS WHOEVER I DON'T KNOW

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it has been going on for 2 years even when we had good players starting. And it looks like Crosby played better then Wagner last week. Wagner has been a swinging gate. ZZ has been better then Blount too. Better vision and toughness. Blount couldnt find a hole at Bangkok hore house.

Yes it is Quinn's Fault that Cooter called all those juvenile plays that anyone who played high school ball could dissect. Even the fucking Jets were laughing their asses off at it.

THE FUCKING JETS!!! LET THAT SINK IN.
This season is without a doubt Quins fault.

Even Matt Mullen improved the Lions record in year two and three of his tenure. (Also did in his fourth season.)

Bob's blazing his own trail in Lions ineptitude.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even Matt Mullen improved the Lions record in year two and three of his tenure. (Also did in his fourth season.)

I remember both the MMs tenures. Good times.:wtf:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quinn has shown to be better than either MM at recognizing talent, his major issue is letting talent walk without replacing it. I think as more of Mayhews guys are phased out we will see that less as he will be more like to keep "his" guys around.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn has shown to be better than either MM at recognizing talent, his major issue is letting talent walk without replacing it. I think as more of Mayhews guys are phased out we will see that less as he will be more like to keep "his" guys around.
I don't agree on the recognition of talent part in any way.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree on the recognition of talent part in any way.

I don't think he is great at it, just better than Mayhew. 2 of his 3 drafts have been solid. His bad draft still brought in Agnew and Galladay. his FA signings are not terrible, aside from letting our right side of the line walk for older less talented players. Overall he has not been terrible.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is great at it, just better than Mayhew. 2 of his 3 drafts have been solid. His bad draft still brought in Agnew and Galladay. his FA signings are not terrible, aside from letting our right side of the line walk for older less talented players. Overall he has not been terrible.
He's not as terrible as Millen. But I'm not sure anyone in the history of sports is either.

I can't put him above Mayhew. I put him next to him.

Detroit hasn't drafted a Pro Bowler, at any position, since 2013. Each of Mayhews first three picks that year. Then one in 2012, none in 2011, only Suh has made one from 2010, only Staff from 09.

Reif, Whitehead, Suh, Stanton (hasnt played this year)and Staff are the only guys drafted by Detroit, before 2013, that are still in the league. (Have to go back to 95 for another Lions draft with 3 future PBers.)

This franchise is almost unbelievable.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mayhew: I went 41-63 as the GM!
Millen: That's nothing! I went 31-81!!
Quinn: Hold my beer....

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not as terrible as Millen. But I'm not sure anyone in the history of sports is either.

I can't put him above Mayhew. I put him next to him.

Detroit hasn't drafted a Pro Bowler, at any position, since 2013. Each of Mayhews first three picks that year. Then one in 2012, none in 2011, only Suh has made one from 2010, only Staff from 09.

Reif, Whitehead, Suh, Stanton (hasnt played this year)and Staff are the only guys drafted by Detroit, before 2013, that are still in the league. (Have to go back to 95 for another Lions draft with 3 future PBers.)

This franchise is almost unbelievable.

This years draft looks very good. All first 5 picks are getting major playing time and have looked good for the most part. The last pick was a throw-away. I think having MP involved in the picks will make things more consistent going forward.

FA/trade picks looked good initially but some just didnt pan out. The O-line in particular. Pretty well with the rest.

We need to see real progress next year though. Even I wont have their backs if we are 6-10 next year.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They should of fired Mayhew the minute that he selected Nick Fairley. Shouldn't of even let him finish the draft.

Also, Staff has only been selected as an "alternate" that I can remember. Never voted in first or second. Only got to play when better QB's decided it was nothing but a shit show anyways.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This years draft looks very good. All first 5 picks are getting major playing time and have looked good for the most part. The last pick was a throw-away. I think having MP involved in the picks will make things more consistent going forward.

FA/trade picks looked good initially but some just didnt pan out. The O-line in particular. Pretty well with the rest.

We need to see real progress next year though. Even I wont have their backs if we are 6-10 next year.
I don't see how Patricia helps with anything but using timeouts personally.

Never seen a coach seem more distant from his players.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should of fired Mayhew the minute that he selected Nick Fairley. Shouldn't of even let him finish the draft.

Also, Staff has only been selected as an "alternate" that I can remember. Never voted in first or second. Only got to play when better QB's decided it was nothing but a shit show anyways.
Staff was like option ten that year.

Hell, if they get to option 12, he might go this year.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This years draft looks very good.

Johnson looks like a stud but I am worried about his upright running style. He was hurt frequently at Auburn as well. I'll wait to cast judgement on Ragnow. His pass pro has been atroucious and it was one of his calling cards leading into the draft. Run blocking is solid this year. If you are drafting a G or C in the first round. You better be getting a David DeCastro or Nick Martin type. If he doesn't make a couple pro bowls in his career. I consider it sort of "bust"ish.

All first 5 picks are getting major playing time and have looked good for the most part.

Tabor will not be on the team after next season. I'm willing to make a 3 month avatar bet on it. Davis looks like the same player that he looked like in college. A guy who makes splash plays here and there, then a guy who makes a bone headed mistake as well. 3rd year will be make or break for him. I'll shut my mouth if he shows more consistency.

Even I wont have their backs if we are 6-10 next year.

What about 8-8? Does that get them another year?
That would of given Quinn 4 full seasons to mold the team. OL is all on him. RB is his choice. WR's are his choice. Linebackers are his. CB's will basically be everything he left or drafted, along with the DL.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staff was like option ten that year.

Hell, if they get to option 12, he might go this year.

Probably not. I checked where he ranks in fantasy this year.... Dude is ranked like 17th.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tabor will not be on the team after next season. I'm willing to make a 3 month avatar bet on it. Davis looks like the same player that he looked like in college. A guy who makes splash plays here and there, then a guy who makes a bone headed mistake as well. 3rd year will be make or break for him. I'll shut my mouth if he shows more consistency.

Those were the year before. I am talking just this past draft with MP.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
66 degrees in San Diego today. That would sure make Mrs. Firestone-Ford joints move a little easier. And Patricia could do a little running on the beach to lose weight.

images

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys know that Jim Calwell's teams went 36-28 in four seasons - with two playoff appearances? Best record since the Wayne Fontes/Barry Sanders days.
But it is always best to go with a guy who has had legal problems. (And kissed "Honest" Bill Belichick's ass for years)
CULTURE!

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys know that Jim Calwell's teams went 36-28 in four seasons - with two playoff appearances? Best record since the Wayne Fontes/Barry Sanders days.
But it is always best to go with a guy who has had legal problems. (And kissed "Honest" Bill Belichick's ass for years)
CULTURE!

And none of those ever had or ever would have had a chance to do better than that. Keep praising mediocrity though. Dont try to be the best. Just try to not be the worst. Great advice. I am sure everyone you and everyone you know excels tremendously with that mentality.

You remind me of everyone I have easily surpassed in life because they were afraid to change.