• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm for keeping Drew Lock, but the Broncos may be a player for Watson and if so - take Watson.

If Watson has control over the trade - like it appears he does - the Broncos would have to look good to him. Denver has the horses on offense -that the Jets and the Dolphins don't. Paton may want to make a splash (even though he is a draft and develop guy). The Broncos have a history of getting Super Bowl QB's they didn't draft.

Watson is worth the trade - IMO.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hear the asking price? 3 first round picks, 3 second round picks, and a Pro Bowl player.

Now I don't think they will get that, and may be forced to trade him for less but what would you give up? 2 first round picks, 2 second round picks, Drew Lock, and Bradley Chubb?

Seems really steep. If it happens I will cheer for Watson, but I don't see it happening.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he forces the trade which of course, reduces his price.

I can see two firsts and other picks/player, or three firsts. Either way, he's worth it. I'd trade Lock, AJ, and anything but this year's first.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he forces the trade which of course, reduces his price.

I can see two firsts and other picks/player, or three firsts. Either way, he's worth it. I'd trade Lock, AJ, and anything but this year's first.
I don’t see a trade for Watson that doesn’t involve this year‘s first. Multiple teams will offer that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see a trade for Watson that doesn’t involve this year‘s first. Multiple teams will offer that.
I think - at least this year's first and next year's and some mix of other picks and or players. Watson is 25 - is locked up for 5 more years on his contract - and all the Bronco's best QBs have been acquired by trades. :)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 1st , 2021 2nd, Lock, 2022 1st and pick any player on the roster except Bolles

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think - at least this year's first and next year's and some mix of other picks and or players. Watson is 25 - is locked up for 5 more years on his contract - and all the Bronco's best QBs have been acquired by trades. :)
Manning doesn't qualify, interesting. ;)

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 1st , 2021 2nd, Lock, 2022 1st and pick any player on the roster except Bolles
I think we want to limit the list a bit more then Bolles. Chubb, Jones, Purcell, Sutton, Jeudy, Fant, Albert O, and Risner would also be on my do not touch list of the top of my head. Simmons would join that list if/once he is signed. Especially with no first this year and next year, and no 2nd round this year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we want to limit the list a bit more then Bolles. Chubb, Jones, Purcell, Sutton, Jeudy, Fant, Albert O, and Risner would also be on my do not touch list of the top of my head. Simmons would join that list if/once he is signed. Especially with no first this year and next year, and no 2nd round this year.
You would rather have Chubb and no Watson or Watson and no Chubb.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would rather have Chubb and no Watson or Watson and no Chubb.
It is not Chubb vs Watson debate. You have to take into consideration the draft picks too.

Our defense is getting older and we need to start getting younger players to offset the older players as they leave. The other thing to consider is Watson didn’t will the Texans to many wins this year, and if we were to make this move out cap is constrained. If we make this trade we likely not only have to pass on Simmons and Shelby but we lose another Pro Bowler too. With the players we need to let walk, and not have the draft picks to replace them, the window will shrink. We may have to let some of our other young talent walk as well depending on what the cap does going forward.

I do think we are better to pass on Watson, develop Lock or draft his replacement, then trading significant resources for Watson.

I may be in the minority with this line of thinking but it is how I feel.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are apparently on the list of 5 teams Watson agrees to be traded to. I'd say Miami and the Jets have the best opportunity -though.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are apparently on the list of 5 teams Watson agrees to be traded to. I'd say Miami and the Jets have the best opportunity -though.
Where did u see that? I was told yesterday by an impeccable source that Watson would not come here.

(Well, LGM may not be impeccable - but he has his sources!)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense is getting older and we need to start getting younger players to offset the older players as they leave. The other thing to consider is Watson didn’t will the Texans to many wins this year, and if we were to make this move out cap is constrained. If we make this trade we likely not only have to pass on Simmons and Shelby but we lose another Pro Bowler too. With the players we need to let walk, and not have the draft picks to replace them, the window will shrink. We may have to let some of our other young talent walk as well depending on what the cap does going forward.
I do think we are better to pass on Watson, develop Lock or draft his replacement, then trading significant resources for Watson.

I may be in the minority with this line of thinking but it is how I feel.
you described Minnesota to a tee. Great talent loser QB. Spielman and Paton has been trying to find a QB in Minny for the last 8-10 years. It’s not that easy.

Give me Watson and I bet Vic and Munch can find a starting CB , ILBer and RT in rounds 2-7 next couple years a lot easier than finding a franchise QB

we won’t lose Simmons. Round 3 btw.
Wasnt Shelby a street FA.

winfield , Lenard, David, bunting-??
All players round 2+

odds are a first round pick will have minimal impact and only play here 4 years.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you described Minnesota to a tee. Great talent loser QB. Spielman and Paton has been trying to find a QB in Minny for the last 8-10 years. It’s not that easy.

Give me Watson and I bet Vic and Munch can find a starting CB , ILBer and RT in rounds 2-7 next couple years a lot easier than finding a franchise QB

we won’t lose Simmons. Round 3 btw.
Wasnt Shelby a street FA.

winfield , Lenard, David, bunting-??
All players round 2+

odds are a first round pick will have minimal impact and only play here 4 years.
I guess we see things differently, especially with some unknown with how much the salary cap will grow over the next 2 years.

Watson’s $40+ Million cap hit in a couple years is scary. The Chiefs will have similar struggles but will not have to give up multiple picks so close to the salary jump. When you pay top dollar at the QB position, you need to be successful through the draft to make the salary cap manageable and keep the team competitive. Being short multiple high picks in the next 2 years will hinder that ability.

It doesn’t matter how we fans feel, but it is sure is fun to speculate.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No QB, no chance.

so then the decision has to be...is Lock the answer? I was more optimistic he was after his five games last season than after his 12 games this year.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No QB, no chance.

so then the decision has to be...is Lock the answer? I was more optimistic he was after his five games last season than after his 12 games this year.

I don’t know that we can definitely answer that at this point. Is Drew going to be an Elite QB in the NFL? I don’t think he will be a top 5 QB. Do I think there is a possibility that he becomes a top 10 to top 15 QB? I do. The question is can we win regular season games, playoff games, and a Super Bowl with what we believe Drew Lock can be? I would guess that answer varies among our members here, and it may vary among the coaching staff.

At most I think Lock has 1 year left to prove he is or is not the guy.

I fear that if we give up on him too early that he becomes what was hoped he could become when he was drafted in the 2nd round.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford headed to Rams, Goff to Lions. Details coming.