• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson to Falcons

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right and the understanding of Watson problem was something that developed over time. Is that hard to understand?

So you feel like you've gleaned more information over the 2 months from March to May than from the entire year prior?

Interesting. Because all the information was widely available. That's why I didn't want my team to trade for him. Hate the trade. Think the dude is a creep.

But I also see this case as an interesting example of how the public disseminates information. And how social media and jumping on the angst train unfolds.

Take Robert griffin for example. I agree what deshaun watson did is deplorable. But you can't tell me in his several years in college and nearly ten years around the nfl you haven't had some more than questionable teammates. So if this kind of behavior offends you so deeply then be about it man. Let's hear some stories and how you addressed poor behavior in the locker-room. Because obviously you got no problem putting deshaun on blast as you move into a bigger media job.

It's convenient to me.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you feel like you've gleaned more information over the 2 months from March to May than from the entire year prior?

Interesting. Because all the information was widely available. That's why I didn't want my team to trade for him. Hate the trade. Think the dude is a creep.

But I also see this case as an interesting example of how the public disseminates information. And how social media and jumping on the angst train unfolds.

Take Robert griffin for example. I agree what deshaun watson did is deplorable. But you can't tell me in his several years in college and nearly ten years around the nfl you haven't had some more than questionable teammates. So if this kind of behavior offends you so deeply then be about it man. Let's hear some stories and how you addressed poor behavior in the locker-room. Because obviously you got no problem putting deshaun on blast as you move into a bigger media job.

It's convenient to me.
Insightful and very true.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I didn't read every single post but this thread is evidence of why I think it's so funny the reactions flip entirely when the Browns acquired

First 4 pages there wasn't a single mention of predator, banning him, etc.

The minute the Browns got him the entire board did a 180 on the dude. Was it the guaranteed money? Him saying "I have no regrets?"

I can bump the main one as well and you will see me bust him up and a couple others but I never said anything about a lifetime ban.
You're working with a small sample size. People have been repulsed by Watson on Reddit for awhile.

But I do think people would've cared less had he gone to an Atlanta team starting a rebuild and not a Cleveland team that had a massive rebuild years ago.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're working with a small sample size. People have been repulsed by Watson on Reddit for awhile.

But I do think people would've cared less had he gone to an Atlanta team starting a rebuild and not a Cleveland team that had a massive rebuild years ago.

Fair take

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor watson and how can you not feel sorry for Cleveland Brown fans?
I will take an upgrade at QB. Every fan has a player they don't like on their team, it's something you can't control but he is a hell of an upgrade from Baker. I don't have to like every person on the team and rarely works out like that. With all the Cowboys arrests I'm sure you know

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't there like 8 accusations against Watson before the trade?

Bumping this to defend the Browns was a little bit stupid, since the whole story grew greatly after the Browns traded for him and gave him that ridiculous contract.

It's not Apples to Apples here

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't there like 8 accusations against Watson before the trade?

Bumping this to defend the Browns was a little bit stupid, since the whole story grew greatly after the Browns traded for him and gave him that ridiculous contract.

It's not Apples to Apples here

Nope. It's been 24 plus for nearly a year

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. It's been 24 plus for nearly a year
You're mis-remembering, think back, after the contract was signed it was questioned if the Browns could void the contractand/or trade because soon after the trade many more women came forward.

Also the trade was over a year ago.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take an upgrade at QB. Every fan has a player they don't like on their team, it's something you can't control but he is a hell of an upgrade from Baker. I don't have to like every person on the team and rarely works out like that. With all the Cowboys arrests I'm sure you know
the clown show on the hoop aren't the NE Ohio fans I was referring to.
Most of you have made the desperate opinions I referred to on the very first post I had on this whole Watson mess.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're mis-remembering, think back, after the contract was signed it was questioned if the Browns could void the contractand/or trade because soon after the trade many more women came forward.

Also the trade was over a year ago.

No I'm not

The Browns trade was over a year ago? Lol Dude it was in march

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm not

The Browns trade was over a year ago? Lol Dude it was in march
OK, my time line was wrong, but there were additional accusations after the signing.

In addition if read the Brown got Watson thread the Browns weren't ripped either, until they agreed to that ridiculous contract.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I learned more about Watson from March to May. The case changed from being caught with a bunch of hookers to being a sex pest. It changed from being questionable to cold and calculating. It changed from possible gold diggers to forcing people to do things they didn't want to do. It didn't matter to me which team he was on but the contract language, (as per Spotrac), was a red flag.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I learned more about Watson from March to May. The case changed from being caught with a bunch of hookers to being a sex pest. It changed from being questionable to cold and calculating. It changed from possible gold diggers to forcing people to do things they didn't want to do. It didn't matter to me which team he was on but the contract language, (as per Spotrac), was a red flag.

That's fair. All I'm asking is people to reflect on it. Deshaun Is a horrible example of this phenomenon given just how ridiculous it was but I do feel society has this shit where they try to out do each other in their outrage

Full disclosure my wife is a Browns fan. She feels his behavior was predatorial. And I take her opinion seriously not only because she's my wife but because she started to become a pretty big critic of the #metoo movement.

I think it's a good thing guys like Weinstein and to a much lesser extent Deshaun are being taken to task. But I've also seen someone like Aziz Ansari just completely assassinated by a anonymous person who recounted the kind of dating miscommunication we've likely all had.

Again it's a horrible comparison because Watson had 25 or so lawsuits but I use Ansari as an example of the power of this whole phenomenon that is both good and also very bad.

But it's striking to me to see the seemingly out of nowhere tidal wave response to Watson given how long so much of that sat out there for a year.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, my time line was wrong, but there were additional accusations after the signing.

In addition if read the Brown got Watson thread the Browns weren't ripped either, until they agreed to that ridiculous contract.

I fully agree the contract played a big role.

I am not sure what people thought he'd get paid though. Minus the obvious contention of it being guaranteed.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully agree the contract played a big role.

I am not sure what people thought he'd get paid though. Minus the obvious contention of it being guaranteed.
Obviously you're butt hurt about us ripping the Browns, well get used to it because it's warranted.
I'll say this I'm just glad the Cowboys weren't in need of signing him, because if Dallas did sign him I'd be in the I hope he plays well, but I'd be happy when he's gone mode. I surely wouldn't be here defending the signing.