• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will probably go on to win anyway, but what a horrible first half game plan. They are playing not to lose in the first half. That NEVER works.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now their clock management might be even worse.

If the Broncos lose this game, it is 100% on a poor game plan.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now their clock management might be even worse.

If the Broncos lose this game, it is 100% on a poor game plan.
They were just playing with those Steelers...:yes:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were just playing with those Steelers...:yes:

Well, I hope that they have a more aggressive plan against the Patriots. You know Belichik is not going to go conservative.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots would/will annihilate that Broncos team.

Not often we have 1 vs 2 in both conferences in the Championship games.... at least I think.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots would/will annihilate that Broncos team.

Not often we have 1 vs 2 in both conferences in the Championship games.... at least I think.

I not sure TKO. Depends on Kubiac, IMO.

If they play conservative D, afraid of the big play, Brady will carve them up. If they go press coverage and pressure him, they have a chance. On the offensive side, they need to open up a little and take shots downfield early. Wearing the Patriots down with a poor run game will not yield enough points.

If they play like they have nothing to lose, they can win. Unfortunately, I don't think Kubiak has the balls to play that way.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Harris' shoulder worries me the most. If he is good then he can handle Edleman and the Broncos can double team Gronk. If harris is Hobbled the Bronco D will not be good enough I am afraid.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atta boy Peyton!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atta boy Peyton!

He looked really good yesterday.

Have to root for Peyton in the Super Bowl. Would be great to see him go out on top.

Those Panters are scary good though. I don't think the broncos D will be able to shut them down the way they did New England.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to argue with what the panthers have done so far in the postseason.
saw something today saying 80% of public betting money is on carolina to cover.

Seems like the perfect recipe for CAR to win, but Broncos cover the 4.5 or 5.5 pts vegas is giving them.

I just cant see that Broncos O doing enough damage vs Panthers D to keep up with Cam

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to argue with what the panthers have done so far in the postseason.
saw something today saying 80% of public betting money is on carolina to cover.

Seems like the perfect recipe for CAR to win, but Broncos cover the 4.5 or 5.5 pts vegas is giving them.

I just cant see that Broncos O doing enough damage vs Panthers D to keep up with Cam

I don't know Monkey.

I think if the game is close, I like Denver's chances. If Carolina wins, it is likely to be by 20 or more. I think betting on Denver to cover is a losing play. Either take Denver to win outright, or bet on the Panthers to cover the spread.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't speak for the gambling aspect of Denver-Carolina... but I don't think many expected the Denver D to neutralize the Patriots. Mind you, it was the Patriots - one of the most dangerous offenses in the playoffs!

Carolina is good on both sides of the ball. But if Denver's D can confuse one of the best QB's in NFL history (Brady), imagine what they may do to a less-experienced Cam Newton. (Cam seems to be a QB who would rather joke around on the sideline instead of educating himself "during games" by checking photographs of formations, etc.)

Michael Vick in his prime was a dangerous QB. But for some reason, the Bears had his number. Vick never won a game that he started against the Bears (0-4).

Maybe Denver will be Cam's kryptonite.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this SB isn't going to be which offense can beat which defense, but rather which defense dominates the others offense more. Can't really see either offense having a lot of success against these defenses. Both secondaries should have no problems locking down the receivers. Can't foresee either teams run game being able to really get in track against either front 7...it'll come down to pass rush, and in Denver's case, a controlled, contained, pass rush. Ware and Miller start blowing up field and around the tackles, Cam is going to knock off 15 yard chunks all day long..

I think this will come down to special teams, and/or defensive scores

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this SB isn't going to be which offense can beat which defense, but rather which defense dominates the others offense more. Can't really see either offense having a lot of success against these defenses. Both secondaries should have no problems locking down the receivers. Can't foresee either teams run game being able to really get in track against either front 7...it'll come down to pass rush, and in Denver's case, a controlled, contained, pass rush. Ware and Miller start blowing up field and around the tackles, Cam is going to knock off 15 yard chunks all day long..

I think this will come down to special teams, and/or defensive scores

That's a good point. Fortunately, the DL rotation features some guys who can bring pressure up the middle (e.g., Wolfe, Jackson, Williams, Walker, and Smith). I think that how effectively they do so could be a key to the game. Also won't be surprised to some blitzes up the middle from the ILBs and Ss.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't speak for the gambling aspect of Denver-Carolina... but I don't think many expected the Denver D to neutralize the Patriots. Mind you, it was the Patriots - one of the most dangerous offenses in the playoffs!

Carolina is good on both sides of the ball. But if Denver's D can confuse one of the best QB's in NFL history (Brady), imagine what they may do to a less-experienced Cam Newton. (Cam seems to be a QB who would rather joke around on the sideline instead of educating himself "during games" by checking photographs of formations, etc.)

Michael Vick in his prime was a dangerous QB. But for some reason, the Bears had his number. Vick never won a game that he started against the Bears (0-4).

Well put.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cmon Joe. Don't compare Cam to Vick. That is not right. Cam had changed a lot since his rookie year, and his largest gains have come from the mental aspect of the game.

THe difference between the Panthers and the Patriots is O-line play. The Pats have possibly the worst line in football and the Panthers have arguably the best. As good as the Denver defense is, they will not dominate a balanced Panthers attack like they did NE.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, many experts were picking the Chiefs to beat NE because they were not the same team at the end of the season that they were at the beginning. All of a sudden, after 1 playoff win against Alex Smith, everyone seemed to forget NE's struggles.

The pats were one of the league's elite offenses back in September, but not anymore. They are merely above average because of the line woes.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon Joe. Don't compare Cam to Vick. That is not right. Cam had changed a lot since his rookie year, and his largest gains have come from the mental aspect of the game.
The comparison I was making was that Vick in his prime was a nightmare for other NFL teams to contain. It's a compliment to Cam. Even from a fantasy perspective, some argued that Vick should be an overall #1 pick for a season or two.

Maybe the Panthers O-line is considered good because when it does break down, Cam can sprint for a few yards. He did lead all QB in rushing.

But I certainly wouldn't consider Cam's completion percentage of 59.7% even average, seeing that 27 other QB had a better completion percentage. And this 59.7% is with a GOOD O-line? Yikes!

If Denver's D brings any kind of pressure and takes away Cam's "escape" running lanes forcing him to throw... well, it may not go so well.

I still think Carolina has the edge in this game, and I may be cheering for Chico. But you've gotta respect Denver's D.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Half SB50 Notes
Talib is an idiot.
Cotchery (challenge) was a catch.
If Denver's D brings any kind of pressure and takes away Cam's "escape" running lanes forcing him to throw... well, it may not go so well.
^^^ Boom!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Half SB50 Notes
Talib is an idiot.
Cotchery (challenge) was a catch.

^^^ Boom!
Yes he is, luckily for him a face mask penalty is face mask penalty no matter how egregious..that one was horrid..would love to have one like that become an eject-able offense some day.

Yes it was, no doubts

And, the one time they didn't take his lanes away, they scored. .they need to keep that up if they plan on winning