• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos futures

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, if the powers that be think Hackett can hack it another, I can get on board. (I know, blasphemy, right?)

There was so much newness this year that perhaps what we’ve endured this year was always a possibility, if not a probability.

At this stage of the game, our replacement parts have replacement parts on their replacement parts.

I have watched almost every snap this year. At this point I’m curious to see what the final games hold. My biggest hope going forward is that we are able to keep our defense playing at at least the same level while adding a bit more capability on the offensive side of the ball. Clearly, we need better production out of our offensive line… Whatever that looks like. Coaching? Personnel infusion? Probably a combination of both.

Honestly, I thought this was the year our young squad came of age. My second biggest hope going forward is that we just witnessed a 20 game training camp and we’re on the verge of competitiveness for next year. Time to takeoff the training wheels.

What’s your take? Who’s on our team next year?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Uwazerike talking snaps vs AZ. Wattenberg, too. Interested in the Freddie Swain reunion with Wilson. All three of these guys here next year? Not much noise out of Virgil, but B. Johnson getting some work.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have our starter going forward opposite Surtain in Mathis.

Been very impressed with him.

Darby has been good, but with his cap hit next year and injury history I am guessing we let him go as Mathis has proven he is starting material.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Uwazerike talking snaps vs AZ. Wattenberg, too. Interested in the Freddie Swain reunion with Wilson. All three of these guys here next year? Not much noise out of Virgil, but B. Johnson getting some work.

I think Virgil athletically is ahead of most guys on this team but polish and NFL ready he is a little behind guys like Brandon Johnson, Freddie Swain etc... So we basically are storing him but with our injury at WR's we have sprinkled in some game action. Right now he is an athlete running around trying to find the ball. When he puts it together he could be REALLY good. Just doesn't have the trust that maybe a Brandon Johnson has right now.

I like the addition of Freddie Swain. Florida homer but surprised Seattle cut him and he was sitting on a PS for most of the year. He did well with Russell in Seattle.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF we can show positive growth and improved play/discipline, and IF Wilson comes in controlled and not forcing plays, and IF we make some coaching changes on the offensive side of the ball, and most importantly... IF we win most of these remaining games...

I can see us keeping Hackett, but him being placed on notice. But there's a lot of Ifs.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF we can show positive growth and improved play/discipline, and IF Wilson comes in controlled and not forcing plays, and IF we make some coaching changes on the offensive side of the ball, and most importantly... IF we win most of these remaining games...

I can see us keeping Hackett, but him being placed on notice. But there's a lot of Ifs.
That is a lot of ifs.

I guess it boils down to who else may be available in terms of replacement. Internally, if they feel like they can build off of what happened this year then perhaps they choose the continuity of staying the course.

Though I confess to having second thoughts about keeping Hackett, when I read mind-numbingly dull thoughts like the one below. File this one in the NS Sherlock file.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...

Yeah, his coach-speak needs work. If it feels like he's turning the corner I can see him staying. Especially if there's truth to the rumors that Denver isn't a sought after coaching destination. If they made the decision today I think he's gone. But if they perform... who knows.

Heck, we almost kept grandpa last year. Who's to say Hackett won't fare better.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really evaluating a HC on Preseason like games? I would move on myself but, they didn't ask me. Russ has alot of say if they keep Hack for 23. No I'm not wild about switching HC's every year but, we need to take next step. Picking in top 3 that we traded away is not why we traded for Russ. Is it run it back for 23 if its fails like 22 everybody is gone in 24 is what happens?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really evaluating a HC on Preseason like games? I would move on myself but, they didn't ask me. Russ has alot of say if they keep Hack for 23. No I'm not wild about switching HC's every year but, we need to take next step. Picking in top 3 that we traded away is not why we traded for Russ. Is it run it back for 23 if its fails like 22 everybody is gone in 24 is what happens?
Denver is a terrible coaching location going into 2023 season. Limited draft picks and huge questions on offense. You would be saddled with Wilson. I think anyone we could reasonably expect to come here would be a previous HC that could bring respectability and 8 or 9 win team or gamble on an ambitious coordinator just as likely to fail.

If you stay the course and have another 2023 season like 2022 then at the very least you could set up the new coach and GM with a high round 1 pick and one less year of Wilson’s shitty contract.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing about keeping Hackett another year is he knows he's on a short leash, you can make some tweaks to staff in the off-season, and get continuity for players and the system over the summer camps.

If it fails we'll likely have Evero to fall back on as interim HC, and he'll likely have improved even more by then. He'll get his shot at the prize as HC.

If everything falls apart and we lose some fa's that we should have kept, then at seasons end you clean house with top picks in the draft the following year. By then Wilson will have another shot with the system, everyone involved will have another year under their belts, and we could feasibly cut Wilson after the 2023 season with a June designation.

With cap space, high picks, remodeled stadium, we could clean house and be a team coaches and front office staff would better consider.