• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Denver Broncos at Baltimore Ravans

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-2 and the winner of a matchbox car would be a double win for you!

in reality, with the schedule, if the broncos can steal one of their 4 tough games and sit at 5-3, that's not too shabby. That would put them in position to make a playoff run anyway.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to blame the refs for anything but did anyone else think Courtland Sutton's catch was a touchdown? They must have had some angle that we did not.

Tim Patrick's catch in the EZ I could tell on the initial play that was not a catch. I was surprised that refs missed that one.

I thought for sure it was a TD. Had a few calls in that one really go against the Broncos. Sutton especially suffered their wrath with the overturned call on his big catch down the sideline (which was the right call) where it was easy to see the reason he didn't catch it was because of pass interference. 40 yard play negated. Then having 2 TD's taken away on top of that, our one turnover deep in our own territory getting negated by a penalty and so on. Just one of those games it seemed like everything was going against us yet somehow found a way to pull the win out.

The fact that his team can win without bringing their A game is definitely something new compared to the last couple of years.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought for sure it was a TD. Had a few calls in that one really go against the Broncos. Sutton especially suffered their wrath with the overturned call on his big catch down the sideline (which was the right call) where it was easy to see the reason he didn't catch it was because of pass interference. 40 yard play negated. Then having 2 TD's taken away on top of that, our one turnover deep in our own territory getting negated by a penalty and so on. Just one of those games it seemed like everything was going against us yet somehow found a way to pull the win out.

The fact that his team can win without bringing their A game is definitely something new compared to the last couple of years.

Very true. I just hope we see our A game soon. :)

At least we aren't seeing the F game that we saw the last two years from the O.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right that is something last year that 1) The offense would never have gotten on track in that Raiders game and 2) the defense would have gave up after seeing the offense do so little. This is not the same team as last year thankfully.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're gonna need our A game next weekend with an East Coast start time against a stingy defense on a desperate team that's had 10 days rest. Probably the A+ game.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots trade for Josh Gordon today. They have now signed and cut all 5 WR's since the start of the season.

1. Chad Hansen
2. Amara Darboh
3. Riley McCarron (back on PS)
4. Bennie Fowler
5. Corey Coleman

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots trade for Josh Gordon today. They have now signed and cut all 5 WR's since the start of the season.

1. Chad Hansen
2. Amara Darboh
4. Bennie Fowler
5. Corey Coleman

That's a team that's searchin' for answers at WR! Good thing they've got Brady tossing the rock.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 and 2 Baby!

Josh Gordon and Tom Brady - that's funny.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My honest assessment on the game with the Ravens:

I’m always nervous about the first road game. Especially on the East Coast for an early start. And against a team the Broncos typically don’t play well against in Baltimore.

What this team has going for it is an offense and defense that so far has shown no quit. They trailed 19-7 late in the third quarter against the Raiders and stayed with it. They’ve shown a mental toughness reminiscent of the 2015 team, though it’s way too early to start making comparisons.

I don’t necessarily think the Ravens are the better team here, but I definitely do not expect the Broncos to go in there and boat race them.

I know score predictions are a different thread but I think the Broncos can squeak out a 23-20 win or something painfully close like that.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to blame the refs for anything but did anyone else think Courtland Sutton's catch was a touchdown? They must have had some angle that we did not.

Tim Patrick's catch in the EZ I could tell on the initial play that was not a catch. I was surprised that refs missed that one.

The broadcast I watched had one interesting alternate angle of Sutton's TD, but they showed it only once, as opposed to the main one we've seen about 100x ..

It looked like Sutton's foot was in bounds, and as he lifted that foot up, it crossed over into the white - OVER the white, not on the white .... It didn;t appear as if any of the chalk flew up either ... But the ref who made the cakll was right on top of it .... It looked like a TD to me, and had they called it a TD on the field, no doubt it would have stood up because the replay was a tough call either way ..

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The broadcast I watched had one interesting alternate angle of Sutton's TD, but they showed it only once, as opposed to the main one we've seen about 100x ..

It looked like Sutton's foot was in bounds, and as he lifted that foot up, it crossed over into the white - OVER the white, not on the white .... It didn;t appear as if any of the chalk flew up either ... But the ref who made the cakll was right on top of it .... It looked like a TD to me, and had they called it a TD on the field, no doubt it would have stood up because the replay was a tough call either way ..

Thing that got me was after the review the ref said replayed “confirmed” it was not a catch. So he did not claim there was not enough evidence.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing that got me was after the review the ref said replayed “confirmed” it was not a catch. So he did not claim there was not enough evidence.

Sloppy referee work - on the field and in the replay booth.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sloppy referee work - on the field and in the replay booth.

and in the Broncos SportsHoopla forum.

"replayed" = "replay"

(in my last post)

This time I'm picking on myself.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stuff like this and the other close calls we’ve debated is why I absolutely will not apologize for the close call that went our way on the DT game winning touchdown in week 1!

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Chad Hansen
2. Amara Darboh
4. Bennie Fowler
5. Corey Coleman

How old is Patrick Jeffers ??

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Broncos team can beat the Ravens but it won't be easy. Formula for success:
  • Captain Obvious but put together 4 quarters that look like the 4th quarter that we've seen the past two weeks.
  • Stop the ridiculous formula of taking away our defensive pass rush by pressing and disrupting receivers at the LOS for God's sake. Teams shouldn't be able to dink and dunk on the Broncos D at will.
  • Get aggressive on offense. Set up the running game by executing explosive passing plays early on.
  • Make in game adjustments vs. waiting until halftime
  • Target Sutton as least as much as DT, if not more
  • Get to Baltimore at a reasonable hour, acclimate to the Eastern time zone and put this East Coast jinx to bed!
The Ravens have had 10 days to get ready for this game and they don't have to travel but if the Broncos put their best foot forward, they can render that advantage meaningless. Are you reading this VJ? Get those boys ready to play!