• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Denver Broncos at Baltimore Ravans

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is always tough to travel East and play an early game, but this team doesn't seem to blink at adversity. Baltimore is not a great team so the Broncos should be able to hold their own and potentially win next week. This team is far from peaking, but there are glimpses of what they can be and that is so exciting. While the work toward what the can be they will lose a game that they shouldn't and this could be that kind of a game, especially with the big Monday Nighter against Kansas City the week after.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing an early game against a team we often struggle against coming off 10 days rest is going to be tough. We got Flacco last time we owe him about 5 in a row after that playoff loss.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos barely beat the Raiders at home. They better really have their act together in Baltimore because they won't have 75,000 12th players behind them in the fourth quarter. I kept switching to this game and thought the Raiders were going to swamp them early on.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos barely beat the Raiders at home. They better really have their act together in Baltimore because they won't have 75,000 12th players behind them in the fourth quarter. I kept switching to this game and thought the Raiders were going to swamp them early on.

If I was a Patriot fan yesterday I would have been switching games too. ;) Every matchup is different. Just because you lose to one team doesn't mean you are going to lose to a team who lost to that team who beat you who beat the team you lost to last week who won last year against the team that lost to the team that you lost to who won the year before to that same team who lose to the team you lost to in preseason last week. The NFL is so unpredictable you can't go off of what you did last week.

That being said. Yes, it will be a tough game. I don't think any game for Denver will be easy this year. Just going to be that type of a year. I expect to win winnable games at home and lose some game at home. I don't feel like it is a pressure filled season for Denver. Expectations are about the 7 to 9 win level. But you surely wanna be teams like the Raiders on your home field. End of the day it doesn't matter if you beat them 40-0 or 20-19 it's still 1 win, and for a team in Denver's situation every win is going to be a dogfight like it was last night.

Not sure why you thought the Raiders were going to "swamp" them early on though. (Whatever swamp means in football terms) If you watch the game you will see that the Raiders were dinking and dunking, not exactly a recipe for a blowout.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is early, but here is were both teams rank in Offense and Defense:
Baltimore Ravens:
Offense:
Total - 8th with 397.0 yards per game
Passing - 7th with 305.5 yards per game
Rushing - 23rd with 91.5 yards per game
Scoring - 3rd with 35.0 points per game

Defense:
Defense - 2nd with 263.0 yards per game
Passing - 3rd with 167.5 yards per game
Rushing - 15th with 95.5 yards per game
Scoring - 6th with 18.5 points per game

Turnover ratio - 25th wtih -2
Denver Broncos:
Offense:
Offense - 4th with 427.5 yards per game
Passing - 13th with 270.5 yards per game
Rushing - 2nd with 157.0 yards per game
Scoring - 14th with 23.5 points per game

Defense:
Defense - 14th with 339.5 yards per game
Passing - 19th with 261.5 yards per game
Rushing - 6th with 78.0 yards per game
Scoring - 13th with 21.0 points per game

Turnover ratio - 21st with -1

Baltimore really benefits from playing Buffalo in week 1, but the numbers are much closer then I first thought. It seems their weakness is our strength and vise versa.

My opinion is the Raiders and Seahawks are better overall then the Bills and Bengals. We will see. Flacco has been sacked 5 times where Keenum has been sacked 2 times which may play into what Denver does well. If they go dink and dunk like the Raiders did the Broncos will have to play them differently.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, The Bengals are easily better then the Seahawks and Raiders.

Bengals have a great front 7. One of the best in the league. Secondary is ok. One of the top WR's in the NFL. Run game has been good this year (mixon is now hurt) and an improved OL, which was pretty bad last year.

The Bills are awful obviously.

Seattle strikes me as a pretty weak team. They have the worst receiving core in the NFL, their OL is one of the worst in the league. Possibly the worst starting LT in the NFL right now. They have one of the worst CB situations in the league. Not much of a pass rush. Safeties are good though.

Raiders pass rush was a bit better this week. I would rank those 4 teams.

Bengals
Raiders
Seahawks
Bills

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you thought the Raiders were going to "swamp" them early on though. (Whatever swamp means in football terms) If you watch the game you will see that the Raiders were dinking and dunking, not exactly a recipe for a blowout.

I was switching back and forth so often that it appeared that the Raiders had the Broncos number. I didn't stay long enough for much until after the Patriots debacle was over. I won't even go there.....

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was switching back and forth so often that it appeared that the Raiders had the Broncos number. I didn't stay long enough for much until after the Patriots debacle was over. I won't even go there.....

Recap

Denver's D put up the same exact performance as the Rams D in the prior week. Did not get a turnover as holding was called.
The offense in the 4th qtr has been nails so far. Can they start faster . Sure but our O is loaded with young players making plays. Gotta love that. DT our #1 WR was dropping passes left and right yesterday while the rookies were coming up big.

Oak had at least 3 chances in the 4th to close out the game but our D closed out the game instead shutting OAK out in the final qtr.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to blame the refs for anything but did anyone else think Courtland Sutton's catch was a touchdown? They must have had some angle that we did not.

Tim Patrick's catch in the EZ I could tell on the initial play that was not a catch. I was surprised that refs missed that one.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who knows what Baltimore is at this point ... after looking great against a bad team in week 1 they stunk it up in week 2.

this should be a pretty competitive game but it probably depends on which ravens team shows up

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think something important to note for the people who think Baltimore now sucks after losing to a pretty decent Bengals team. Two things

1. I think the Bengals actually are a playoff team this year if they stay healthy.
2. No team plays well on short rest playing in a Thursday night road game.

The road team basically gets one full practice in before they leave on the trip. Thursday night football is bad for the NFL, IMO. It's such a disadvantage for the road team. I dread when we play a road Thursday night game. Nothing worse. On the opposite end it's nice to get the 10 days rest, but I would rather not play on on Thursday on the road. I'd love playing Thursday at home.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills are so bad - they had a player retire at Half Time this past week.

The Bronco's schedule sets up nicely considering they have so many new players playing key roles - I think if the Broncos are able to get to 6-2 - in the first half of the schedule - they can go on to division winning season - as the news guys get better.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bronco's schedule sets up nicely considering they have so many new players playing key roles - I think if the Broncos are able to get to 6-2 - in the first half of the schedule - they can go on to division winning season - as the news guys get better.

6-2 is a big ask considering the schedule: chiefs twice, road game to baltimore, rams.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo didn’t get where he is today living small!

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-2 is a big ask considering the schedule: chiefs twice, road game to baltimore, rams.

agreed. if they go 6-2, they will have won a couple of games as an underdog

they are 5 point dogs to the ravens

they will probably be dogs both times to the chiefs and will be dogs to the rams

IF they can go 6-2, though, they are well on their way to a good season

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos start 6-2, I will buy the first 3 people in this thread after me to reply, a car.