• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Denver Broncos at Arizona Cardinals

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something like this, maybe not quite this dominant, was what I expected against the Jets. A 45-10 win the way they did it is always exciting. Still I want to see them sustain this kind of aggression on defense before I get too excited. Oh, the offense wasn’t half bad tonight either. Another TD called back (they are going to set a record) and of course Keenum’s mandatory interception but that was still 31 points by that unit. I’d take that every single time.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very enjoyable game

Chubb has really looked good the past two weeks

Lindsay is the man

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why the draft is a crap shoot or the NFL draft guys suck

Lindsey not even invited to combine or draft

What a joke
Throw a dart

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Jones is our best special teams player. At the start of the year I was having a hard time understanding how he made the team.

Now I understand.

Bradley Chubb reminds me a lot of Von Miller. They go for the strip.

Von reminds me of LT / Derrick Thomas. The way he goes in and has the instincts to take/swipe/steal the ball away.

Von Miller is a thing of beauty to watch in Denver. Enjoy it! He is a rare special player and he is on our Broncos!

Chubb is coming along very nice in Denver.

Chris Harris was Chris Harris, he had himself a game. Bradley Roby had his best game of the year.

Everyone was having fun out there. Emmanuel Sanders brings the energy and early home runs.

Lindsay is better for our team the way our OL is built then Freeman. Still need to use both and both compliment each other.

We suck at Tight End. But we already knew that.

The PI on Heuerman was a joke though.

Patrick Peterson isn't putting in as much effort. He is tired of losing. The block in the back he had on Yiadom during a FC was ridiculous for a pro bowl vet. Had that been any other player on the field the commentators and coaching staff would have lit into him.

That is a penalty you see a high schooler not knowing the rules make.

Speaking of Yiadom. Nice hit!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Hamilton is ok. Good news that Stewart just had a stinger.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Royce Freeman sprained something and could miss some time.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you My whole point summed up in your last sentence
Preconceived minimum physical requirements. Looking for athletes not football players
Lindsay is a football player

Why invite anyone who doesn't fit within the parameters of what is typically a successful rb? It's their business to decide who gets an invite; you obviously have no stat sheet or list of tangible or physical proof to invite him. So why waste a spot on a kid who typically doesn't fare well in the NFL?

Just pointing out that it's a lot more than a dart board or a crap shoot when it comes to combine invitations. Now, whether or not the draft is a crap shoot is an entirely different thread, because you're magnifying this by 32 teams, with different visions of what they need and what they think will be successful.

Frankly, Lindsay didn't get an invite because he didn't come from a big school, was projected to be more of a specialty back/special teams player, and the odds weren't in his favor physically.

Combine is all about measurables. Not whether or not the kid was a football player.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindsey didn't come from a " big school " Wash your mouth out!!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet within 3-5 years a team will draft entirely using a computer and machine learning algorithms

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there something here that makes you think he should have been?

Phillip Lindsay College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

5'8", 190. And lets be honest here, the kid has been 5' 8" and 190 since his sophomore year. Backs like this don't get invites to the combine.

Pro scouts and people whose job it is to put together a good NFL team would hopefully be doing more than reading profiles on the internet -- I understand what you're saying LGM, but I agree with CEH's sentiment that it can be a crapshoot ..

As fans, we're only capable of so much as far as evaluating prospects or young players - I mean, why wouldn;t we be - our occupations are fixing cars, delivering packages, tending bar, etc etc ...

If you applied the ability and prowess of NFL scouts skills to a lot of other jobs, it would get a lot of people fired ..

In their defense, most players excel within a group - so if one cog is off, the entire chain is ****** ....

Finding valuable people who know the organization, the staff, etc etc all that -- it is so important

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Hamilton is ok. Good news that Stewart just had a stinger.

3rd stinger in a week.

And it’s a crime Lindsay was never invited. He did everything he needed to in college to deserve an invite. He put up eye popping numbers at a d1 level for two years. Let the man in.

Combine is overrated but still.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Royce Freeman Dealing With High Ankle Sprain
October 19th, 2018 at 8:35pm CST by Andrew Ortenberg
  • Broncos rookie running back Royce Freeman suffered a high ankle sprain during the team’s demolition of the Cardinals on Thursday night, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network (Twitter link). While it sounds bad, Rapoport notes “there is early optimism regarding the injury and it’s no guarantee that he misses time”, and that if he does it should be a “short absence.”

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce Freeman Dealing With High Ankle Sprain
October 19th, 2018 at 8:35pm CST by Andrew Ortenberg
  • Broncos rookie running back Royce Freeman suffered a high ankle sprain during the team’s demolition of the Cardinals on Thursday night, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network (Twitter link). While it sounds bad, Rapoport notes “there is early optimism regarding the injury and it’s no guarantee that he misses time”, and that if he does it should be a “short absence.”
It hasn't mattered yet anyway, since our coaches don't seem to understand what a running game is.