• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Bronco Ailments

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2020 season has not been what we hoped, but the question is, what the root cause?
Injuries?
Youth and inexperience?
Offensive line play?
Poor Coaching?
Lack of talent?

To me I think there are 3 things have caused this slow start.
1. Injuries. The guys on the injury list looks more like our starting lineup. We new this team was not overly deep at many positions, and some of that depth is very young and inexperienced. We sustained injuries to the 3 guys that we really were going to struggle with (Miller, Lock, and Sutton).
2. Youth and inexperience. With Sutton out we are now looking at the rest of the WR group to step up into roles they are not accustom to. I will include the Oline in this group as they only 3 games playing together. So when teams blitz it is more difficult with out this experience to pick up and mistakes have been made. The Oline play is getting worse with Lock as as Driskel was holding the ball too long many times. Things actually looked better with Rypien but it was only a drive, and it did end in a INT.
3. Coaching. I don't like how Shumur over thinks things given the injuries. Today we had a drive where we handed to Gordon and got 9 yards on 1st down. Second down we try to throw it and Driskel gets sacked. 3rd down was a failed screen. When playing your back up QB who has been struggling, why not run it on 2nd down? This is on example where I just don't get why we call some plays. Now if the pass on 2nd down works out he is brilliant.

When fully healthy I don't think this team is lacking talent. I think with the injuries we have had will get some really young guys a lot of experience and hopefully allow them to take the next step earlier, but at latest next season.

I am interested to see what your thoughts are on this subject.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're on to it. It's everything. Youth/inexperience combined with injuries and coaches who just seem to over-adjust to the changes.

As for the line, there is always a lot of turnover on this unit. I think we have a solid interior but there's a combination of youth/inexperience along the interior combined with zero continuity. Cush is a rookie, Risner a 2nd year player and Glasgow is in his first year with us. I'm not even going to address the tackles.

I am not going to jump on the fire Fangio bandwagon. This may be a sucky year where we have to gut out the circumstances and hope the football gods have deemed the Broncos to be fully paid up on their injury dues for the 2021 season.

Reactions: LGM

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pink eye.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, how does anyone expect us to win? We've lost the team leader on defense, we've lost our top skill-position performers on offense, and we have three rookies starting on offense, and three FA's in a new system.

Not exactly a recipe for success.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to jump on the fire Fangio bandwagon. This may be a sucky year where we have to gut out the circumstances and hope the football gods have deemed the Broncos to be fully paid up on their injury dues for the 2021 season.

The only thing I can see getting Fangio with at the end of the year is he’s supposed to be a Defensive expert and yet this team struggles getting Sacks and sure as hell creating Turnovers. If our Defensive minded Head Coach is struggling to maintain a defense Elway may look to go in a different direction.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries and youth.

Young teams don't know how to win. It is really a learning and experienced culture. You find and learn how to win in the NFL. It's not college or high school football anymore where talent trumps everything. Good teams find ways to win, bad teams find ways to lose. We are not a bad team, but with youth we found ways to lose the close games, with injuries we don't stand a chance against teams like the Buccaneeers.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casey now out for year

this is ridiculous

the team yesterday was not even competitive.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only indictment of these Denver Broncos - goes to Special Team performances, again.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries and youth.

Young teams don't know how to win. It is really a learning and experienced culture. You find and learn how to win in the NFL. It's not college or high school football anymore where talent trumps everything. Good teams find ways to win, bad teams find ways to lose. We are not a bad team, but with youth we found ways to lose the close games, with injuries we don't stand a chance against teams like the Buccaneeers.
The first drive of the 2nd half only down 23-10 . 2 drops, a holding call and a sack/safety. 4 plays -8 yards.

Jeudy 3 games into his career has caught passes from 3 different QBs

that’s the Elway era post Manning in a nutshell

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2020 season has not been what we hoped, but the question is, what the root cause?
Injuries?
Youth and inexperience?
Offensive line play?
Poor Coaching?
Lack of talent?

To me I think there are 3 things have caused this slow start.
1. Injuries. The guys on the injury list looks more like our starting lineup. We new this team was not overly deep at many positions, and some of that depth is very young and inexperienced. We sustained injuries to the 3 guys that we really were going to struggle with (Miller, Lock, and Sutton).
2. Youth and inexperience. With Sutton out we are now looking at the rest of the WR group to step up into roles they are not accustom to. I will include the Oline in this group as they only 3 games playing together. So when teams blitz it is more difficult with out this experience to pick up and mistakes have been made. The Oline play is getting worse with Lock as as Driskel was holding the ball too long many times. Things actually looked better with Rypien but it was only a drive, and it did end in a INT.
3. Coaching. I don't like how Shumur over thinks things given the injuries. Today we had a drive where we handed to Gordon and got 9 yards on 1st down. Second down we try to throw it and Driskel gets sacked. 3rd down was a failed screen. When playing your back up QB who has been struggling, why not run it on 2nd down? This is on example where I just don't get why we call some plays. Now if the pass on 2nd down works out he is brilliant.

When fully healthy I don't think this team is lacking talent. I think with the injuries we have had will get some really young guys a lot of experience and hopefully allow them to take the next step earlier, but at latest next season.

I am interested to see what your thoughts are on this subject.
Poor coaching.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are stupid.