• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Demaryius Thomas on his way back to Denver?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good friend of mine who use to live with DT when he was in Denver says there has been some talk. Something to monitor. Could happen now or in a week. Or not at all, but.. Surely sounds like there is some talk with it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also note that DT looked pretty good in his last preseason game. He still has some game left in him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florio is now also reporting that they are discussing a potential return.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT stays with the Patriots - as soon as they decided who to put on IR to open the roster spot.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is possible.

N'Keal Harry might be going on IR.

Patriots are very strong when it comes to releasing a veteran and then re-signing them after week 1 so they can release them later on without guaranteeing his contract. He might trust Denver a bit more.

Sounds like there is some truth to this. His former roommate is a player I helped get into indoor, like a brother to him! Florio also reporting. So this seems like a legit rumor/possibility to me.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is possible.

N'Keal Harry might be going on IR.

Patriots are very strong when it comes to releasing a veteran and then re-signing them after week 1 so they can release them later on without guaranteeing his contract. He might trust Denver a bit more.

Sounds like there is some truth to this. His former roommate is a player I helped get into indoor, like a brother to him! Florio also reporting. So this seems like a legit rumor/possibility to me.

Would you rather have Brady throwing passes to you or Flacco? Who has the better chance at a Super Bowl?

Did DT sell his Denver residence?

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather have Brady throwing passes to you or Flacco? Who has the better chance at a Super Bowl?

Did DT sell his Denver residence?

I'd rather finish out my career in the place I call home, where all my friends are. He's got a ring, and he got paid. And he still has a home in Denver.

That said, who knows. But there's truth to the coming home talk.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean that is an easy answer that I don't have to answer in terms of SB and Brady vs Flacco, but is there an option here? We don't know... But sometimes it becomes were you are comfortable at too. Not like DT didn't play in Denver for 8 win a Super Bowl, make friends and love living there. :)

I was once told he wanted to be a Bronco forever that if anything he'd like to go to the Falcons where he is from and finish his career. I know he loved Denver so it may come down to a feeling. It may also come down to only 1 of the 2 offering. He may not want to go back to the team who just cut him.

Let's remember. If Denver wants to sign him before week 1 and New England after then wouldn't you choose to go to the team that is going to guarantee your contract for the season? There is a lot that factors into this. Does he have options? Does he chance a team wanting to re-sign him later vs a team that wants to sign him now? Do either wanna sign him now? Do both want to wait until after Week 1? Who shows him more love. Guaranteeing your contract would show me more love then not.. (If that is the case). If Harry goes to IR are both NE and Denver wanting to re-sign him right now? I feel like New England will not sign him before week 1. Just my hunch with how they operate with contract.

DT did not sell his home last I was told. I can double check on that though. That discussion was from a few months back. He lives in Parker, CO though. I've been to his house. I think SpringStein should buy if it is/becomes available.

Sometimes I feel like Mingo and I need a weekly sit down at the coffee shop with all the old folks to discuss these things. :)

Love you Mings!!! :-)

I need football talkers like you in my life. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LGM To be fair Mingo wants to downplay it as we both know he wants to pick DT up in DCFFL now. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather finish out my career in the place I call home, where all my friends are. He's got a ring, and he got paid. And he still has a home in Denver.

That said, who knows. But there's truth to the coming home talk.

I would think the Broncos won't cut Cracraft - so bringing DT back would mean Tim Patrick or JuWann Winfree getting cut. Meanwhile if Henry goes on the return IR with the Pats - DT will likely be a starter in NE.

Personally, I'd like to see DT come back to Denver and get a 2nd Act with the Broncos - but I think this is a Patriot rope-a-dope - with DT using the Broncos as leverage.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@LGM To be fair Mingo wants to downplay it as we both know he wants to pick DT up in DCFFL now. ;)

DT is a week 10 bye - no matter if he signs with the Broncos or the Pats.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think the Broncos won't cut Cracraft - so bringing DT back would mean Tim Patrick or JuWann Winfree getting cut. Meanwhile if Henry goes on the return IR with the Pats - DT will likely be a starter in NE.

Personally, I'd like to see DT come back to Denver and get a 2nd Act with the Broncos - but I think this is a Patriot rope-a-dope - with DT using the Broncos as leverage.

Not sure any WR gets cut... We have 4 open roster spots after putting 3 guys on IR today and cutting to 52 yesterday. Probably don't risk Winfree getting claimed but making him 1 of the 7 inactive on gameday.

Cracraft may eventually go. Elway really dogged on our PR situation. Saying right now it is River but we will be looking to get better there. He may not be for long. I am hoping at some point he and McKnight might switch roles. McKnight gains confident as the PR and Cracraft to the PS. :-)

But we do have open roster spots. 7 WR's is a lot though.. But Cracraft may eventually be the odd man out. Tim Patrick very unlikely to get cut as he isa good gunner on special teams. We will see if we can protect Winfree all season as he develops, but doubt he sees much of the field this year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember as a kid my idol was Vance Johnson. Was sad when he was traded to Minnesota as part of the Gary Zimmerman trade (was a kid and didn't care it was for a future hall of famer ;)).. Then the Vikings cut him and we re-signed him.. Then he left via free agency to the Chargers who cut him and then we re-signed him again... He never played a down on another team, but I bet most people forget he was once on the Vikings and the Chargers but always a Bronco.

Keith Burns had 3 stints as a Bronco.
I hated losing Ian Gold and then he came back a year later and played his best football after we re-signed him.

When we traded DT I think there were many out there that though one day we may see him back in a Broncos uniform. Just had a bit of that feeling when he left.

We will see.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good friend of mine who use to live with DT when he was in Denver says there has been some talk. Something to monitor. Could happen now or in a week. Or not at all, but.. Surely sounds like there is some talk with it.

It is true there has been talk. D Thomas wants to play in NE and Patriots want him. If we cut our rookie, we'd lose him.
D. Thomas will be signed in next few days - in NE.

2 years on contract. Play 6 games with Flacco only to have to finish your career with a backup by committee or play out your career with a SB team with Brady?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Resigns with NE
Hope he blows up with Brady

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember as a kid my idol was Vance Johnson. Was sad when he was traded to Minnesota as part of the Gary Zimmerman trade (was a kid and didn't care it was for a future hall of famer ;)).. Then the Vikings cut him and we re-signed him.. Then he left via free agency to the Chargers who cut him and then we re-signed him again... He never played a down on another team, but I bet most people forget he was once on the Vikings and the Chargers but always a Bronco.

Keith Burns had 3 stints as a Bronco.
I hated losing Ian Gold and then he came back a year later and played his best football after we re-signed him.

When we traded DT I think there were many out there that though one day we may see him back in a Broncos uniform. Just had a bit of that feeling when he left.

We will see.

The rich get richer.....