• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not seeing all those turnovers that Austin was expected to bring to this defense.

Matter of fact, our 3rd down defense is as bad as I have ever seen it in my lifetime.

What do you think Austin needs to do to right this ship? At some point we are going to have to rely on the defense to keep us in a game, not just slow down the opposing offense just a little.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only seen 2 of the games, but from what I have seen, LBs and DBs are too far off the line. Too often on 3rd and 6 you see the LB drop 10 yards deep, or the CB giving up a 7 yard cushion.

I know you don't want to get beat deep, but I think you have to put a little pressure on the WR by moving up. The DL has no time to get to the QB when teams know we can rush very well. They are hitting the underneath routes with ease because of the depth of the second level players at the snap. This leaves our DL neutralized.

Also, the DL is good, but throwing in a few blitzes randomly would be nice. Cant always just rely on 4 man rush to get it done.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too much zone defense. Way too much. Take that shit back to Detroit.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I don't think Cam or Ryan are going to just give you INTs on their home field. Also, you can talk about INTs as much as you want but if your players can't catch, they can't catch. Aside from Bates, is there a guy in our defensive backfield that you feel good about when it comes to hands?

The lack of blitzing smells like Marvin to me.... We were also one of the lowest blitzing teams under Paulie G.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think William Jackson has tremendous hands. But yes, Bates seems pretty good with that. We are just not in position enough to make the INT's. We need to start playing more man, jamming at the line, rolling the safeties into zones and sending a LB up the A gap from time to time, and perhaps bringing a slot CB off the edge on a blitz. Let Bates or LB roll with the slot and release him into the next zone.

Not enough blitzing, and not enough tight man coverage with hand fighting at the line of scrimmage. Make the damn WR work for a 5 yard slant for a first down.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think William Jackson has tremendous hands. But yes, Bates seems pretty good with that. We are just not in position enough to make the INT's. We need to start playing more man, jamming at the line, rolling the safeties into zones and sending a LB up the A gap from time to time, and perhaps bringing a slot CB off the edge on a blitz. Let Bates or LB roll with the slot and release him into the next zone.

Not enough blitzing, and not enough tight man coverage with hand fighting at the line of scrimmage. Make the damn WR work for a 5 yard slant for a first down.

He has 1 interception in his career. I think if he had better hands, some of those PDs would be INTs.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they do not throw to his side much. Missed his entire rookie year. Played only half a year last year really and was rated one of the best corner performances ever. This year is early and no one is throwing his way again. Word is out on him.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson wasn't 'avoided' last year based on stats.... He excelled when they threw at him - Rarely completing passes.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. I concede on Jackson. If he can't catch an INT when it is thrown directly into his bread basket, his hands are crap.

Thank God for Jesse Bates.