• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that I would've rather kept Jordy over Cobb, but honestly I think they both really needed to go. Both guys have been plagued by injuries the last few years and both now struggle to run crisp routes and get separation in man coverage.

They were correct that Adams was ready to take over Jordy's role. I am assuming they kept Cobb because of age and his ability out of the slot and production in the middle of the field. However at this point I wish both were gone as much as it pains me to say it...

I don't know fellas. I really don't know where this team goes from here. it could get worse or it could get better. I just don't know......

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know fellas. I really don't know where this team goes from here. it could get worse or it could get better. I just don't know......

Valdez-Scantling looks like he could be developing into a quality NFL receiver. St. Brown is a little bit behind, but we see flashes with him too. We're talking about 5th & 6th round rookies. We're just cycling talent - out with the damaged, in with the fresh.

The same can be said with other position groups too. RB & CB are in the same state as WR - a lot of brand new faces with good promise. We've missed on recent OL and LB picks, so that will need to be a focus of the upcoming draft. DL is in pretty good shape for a few years.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The run defense has become nonexistent. I think GB will have to address the Linebacking position in the draft or possibly in free agency. This position needs a serious upgrade. I was praying they would have picked up Mack but as usual they refuse to get Rodgers the help he needs.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The run defense has become nonexistent. I think GB will have to address the Linebacking position in the draft or possibly in free agency. This position needs a serious upgrade. I was praying they would have picked up Mack but as usual they refuse to get Rodgers the help he needs.

Well this is just silly. Yes I agree the front office went far too long without drafting impact players on that side of the ball. However you are implying that they didnt try to get him. Oakland CHOSE the Bears because they thought their first round pick would be worth more.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is just silly. Yes I agree the front office went far too long without drafting impact players on that side of the ball. However you are implying that they didnt try to get him. Oakland CHOSE the Bears because they thought their first round pick would be worth more.

Well, they just screwed the pooch on this one huh? I guess GB is showing Oakland they made the wrong choice......:heh:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they just screwed the pooch on this one huh? I guess GB is showing Oakland they made the wrong choice......:heh:
There isnt much Oakland has done right this year

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB has many issues right now...but they are light years ahead of Oakland

Meh, all said and done, they have only won 2 more games than Oakland. I do know what you mean though. There were several games they could have won but do to several factors its a bit of a shit show right now. Unfortunately I don't know if it gets turned around anytime soon.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears defense is showing how it’s done when you are missing the starting QB.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose getting rid of Perry isn’t an option. Funny, how he stayed relatively healthy in his contract year. Waste of space.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the schedule, the defense held 2 teams under 20 points, Buffalo and Miami. Other than Alexander, the defense has been a major disappointment this season along with the offense. Replacing MM will not fix this cluster f#*k. Its gonna take a major over haul to right this ship. And the way AR played this year.....probably should start looking for his replacement in the draft as well.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the schedule, the defense held 2 teams under 20 points, Buffalo and Miami. Other than Alexander, the defense has been a major disappointment this season along with the offense. Replacing MM will not fix this cluster f#*k. Its gonna take a major over haul to right this ship. And the way AR played this year.....probably should start looking for his replacement in the draft as well.
Clark was far from a disappointment. I get it you like to complain but not everyone was terrible...only most of them.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clark was far from a disappointment. I get it you like to complain but not everyone was terrible...only most of them.

A little contradictory there. Not everyone was terrible...only most of them. I complain when my team sucks basically all year long. Do I like to complain? Meh, I call them out on it. im not a delusional fan who thinks my team will go to the superbowl every year no matter what.

Quick example: So im watching the end of the Patriots/Steelers game and the Patriots have the ball with 2 minutes left to go down the field and tie the game. Patriots managed to get in the red zone but failed to score and lost the game but what I noticed is: Steelers rushed four during that series and Brady had ample time to find a receiver and move the sticks. Had that been the Packers, Rodgers would have been running for his life at every snap of the ball. That's just a microcosm of the issues with GB.

They have a couple players they should keep but the majority should give their paychecks back.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little contradictory there. Not everyone was terrible...only most of them. I complain when my team sucks basically all year long. Do I like to complain? Meh, I call them out on it. im not a delusional fan who thinks my team will go to the superbowl every year no matter what.

Quick example: So im watching the end of the Patriots/Steelers game and the Patriots have the ball with 2 minutes left to go down the field and tie the game. Patriots managed to get in the red zone but failed to score and lost the game but what I noticed is: Steelers rushed four during that series and Brady had ample time to find a receiver and move the sticks. Had that been the Packers, Rodgers would have been running for his life at every snap of the ball. That's just a microcosm of the issues with GB.

They have a couple players they should keep but the majority should give their paychecks back.
Wilkerson - didnt get to see enough but more than held his own
Lowery - good rotational guy but not every snap player IMO
Clark - stud
Daniels - plays very well but will never stuff the stat sheet
Perry - flashes occasionally but overpaid but routinely hurt
CMIII - he plays well but no longer elite at rushing the passer even though he is paid like one and hes gone
Gilbert - rotation player at best
King - injured alot but plays well when on the field. Next year is big for him
Alexander - our best corner and really good
Tramon - playing out of position but older and lost a step and it shows at times but decent tackler
Brice - at best rotational player but playing starter minutes
Martinez - very good not great. Tons of tacklers but iffy in coverage. Can make plays and get burnt
Josh Jackson - very young and raw. Still holds at the top of the route. Needs to break that habit but could develop into a solid #2/#3
Breeland - I want him back in Tramon's role next year. Above average player but cheats a bit and gets caught
Tony Brown - very raw but lots of potential
Josh Jones - very athletic and much better coming forward then moving back. Not great in coverage but can tackle well...at times
Morrison - two down thumper that is a liability in the passing game
Burks - extremely raw but can develop. needs to stay healthy and on the field
Jake Ryan - just a guy that can tackle. Very limited in the passing game but lost an entire year to injury
Adams - he's not great. He was a miss in the third round but a solid rotational player
Lancaster - good UDFA find and has a future on the team
Fackrell - took a big step forward this year. Still doesnt have elite pass rushing moves but is worthy of snaps. If he is your #1 or #2 its not good but hes above average as a #3

Constructive comments that lead to good dialogue rather than droning on for weeks about the same thing. We do not have an elite defense. Pettine has manufactured alot of stats with scheme and I hope he is allowed to stay once we actually get talent on the edge.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilkerson - didnt get to see enough but more than held his own
Lowery - good rotational guy but not every snap player IMO
Clark - stud
Daniels - plays very well but will never stuff the stat sheet
Perry - flashes occasionally but overpaid but routinely hurt
CMIII - he plays well but no longer elite at rushing the passer even though he is paid like one and hes gone
Gilbert - rotation player at best
King - injured alot but plays well when on the field. Next year is big for him
Alexander - our best corner and really good
Tramon - playing out of position but older and lost a step and it shows at times but decent tackler
Brice - at best rotational player but playing starter minutes
Martinez - very good not great. Tons of tacklers but iffy in coverage. Can make plays and get burnt
Josh Jackson - very young and raw. Still holds at the top of the route. Needs to break that habit but could develop into a solid #2/#3
Breeland - I want him back in Tramon's role next year. Above average player but cheats a bit and gets caught
Tony Brown - very raw but lots of potential
Josh Jones - very athletic and much better coming forward then moving back. Not great in coverage but can tackle well...at times
Morrison - two down thumper that is a liability in the passing game
Burks - extremely raw but can develop. needs to stay healthy and on the field
Jake Ryan - just a guy that can tackle. Very limited in the passing game but lost an entire year to injury
Adams - he's not great. He was a miss in the third round but a solid rotational player
Lancaster - good UDFA find and has a future on the team
Fackrell - took a big step forward this year. Still doesnt have elite pass rushing moves but is worthy of snaps. If he is your #1 or #2 its not good but hes above average as a #3

Constructive comments that lead to good dialogue rather than droning on for weeks about the same thing. We do not have an elite defense. Pettine has manufactured alot of stats with scheme and I hope he is allowed to stay once we actually get talent on the edge.

Ok, constructive. You put a lot of effort in your player evaluations and what I decipher from all of it is, minus a handful of players, they are all average which is the point I’ve been making all year. I realize you can’t have all stud playmakers but GB is lacking more than other teams.

What caused this? Years of success and picking late in the draft? Relying more on the draft than free agency? Poor evaluation of the talent they did choose in the draft? Ineffective coaching? A combination of some or all the above? Whatever the case, we as Packer fans have been spoiled for many years and when we witness the performance of the team and how disappointing they were I can’t help but express frustration. And if I can’t do it here then where? I understand there were some bright spots on the team but the bad definitely out weighed the good.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, constructive. You put a lot of effort in your player evaluations and what I decipher from all of it is, minus a handful of players, they are all average which is the point I’ve been making all year. I realize you can’t have all stud playmakers but GB is lacking more than other teams.

What caused this? Years of success and picking late in the draft? Relying more on the draft than free agency? Poor evaluation of the talent they did choose in the draft? Ineffective coaching? A combination of some or all the above? Whatever the case, we as Packer fans have been spoiled for many years and when we witness the performance of the team and how disappointing they were I can’t help but express frustration. And if I can’t do it here then where? I understand there were some bright spots on the team but the bad definitely out weighed the good.
Poor evaluation on some for sure. Poor development and zero growth under Capers for some. I also think we played Demarious Randall in the wrong position. He is thriving as a Safety in Cleveland and that is a massive need for us. We have also gotten a little unlucky with players and their general lack of health

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the injuries really about being unlucky or does it have something to do with their conditioning program?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the injuries really about being unlucky or does it have something to do with their conditioning program?
Soft tissue would be stretching and things like that so an argument could be made but any breaks or head injuries are all bad luck

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor evaluation on some for sure. Poor development and zero growth under Capers for some. I also think we played Demarious Randall in the wrong position. He is thriving as a Safety in Cleveland and that is a massive need for us. We have also gotten a little unlucky with players and their general lack of health

The Randall situation sounds like there is a serious issue with coaching. I imagine there will be a lot of movement in the off season in all areas of the organization.