• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DeChambeau On Putting With The Flagstick In

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It depends on the COR -- the coefficient of restitution of the flagstick," DeChambeau said. "In U.S. Opens, I'll take it out. And every other tour event, when it's fiberglass, I'll leave it in and bounce against the flagstick if I need to."

What the........

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well alrighty then.
Whatever works for the player.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It depends on the COR -- the coefficient of restitution of the flagstick," DeChambeau said. "In U.S. Opens, I'll take it out. And every other tour event, when it's fiberglass, I'll leave it in and bounce against the flagstick if I need to."

What the........

He's a likeable young man, but my Lord he's going out of his way to be different.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a likeable young man, but my Lord he's going out of his way to be different.
Yeah, when they do it purposely its kind of weird like an attention needer.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch round 1 in Hawaii?
Dechambeau was not lying.

He was putting with the flagstick in.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really see how it would really help having the pin in. I mean I would think it would hurt since it might actually keep the ball from dropping in. Did they also change the rule about how long the ball can remain on the lip before going into the hole? You'd think this would be happening more often if players keep pin in.

I say all of the above as one of the crappiest putters in the world so I could be way off...

Also - I think how caddies no longer can line up players (or at least in the LPGA)

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just broke the tournament record in Dubai. Demolished the field.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really see how it would really help having the pin in. I mean I would think it would hurt since it might actually keep the ball from dropping in. Did they also change the rule about how long the ball can remain on the lip before going into the hole? You'd think this would be happening more often if players keep pin in.

I say all of the above as one of the crappiest putters in the world so I could be way off...

Also - I think how caddies no longer can line up players (or at least in the LPGA)

A player just got busted for his caddy lining him up...PGAT I think...I would have bet the mortgage money it was have been a LPGA tour player to get busted 1st.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A player just got busted for his caddy lining him up...PGAT I think...I would have bet the mortgage money it was have been a LPGA tour player to get busted 1st.

Thank you for letting me know it's both tours.. Only heard about the LPGA

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You would think that lining up a putt would have to be easier with the pin in. It's a big visual aid.
And how big a break a putt has comes down to speed. With the pin acting as a back stop you can just can increase the speed and take some of the break out.

For the record, you can consider all of the above as just theories.

I don't know if anyone can say for sure if it really helps or if it speeds up play.

Which makes it all so confusing why the made these changes in the first place.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was a horrendous call imo.
He was in the process of walking away, when the player stepped in to his putting stance.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uphill bad. Downhill good.