• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Decade of Trades Article.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle does what it always does....shi^tty of course. :suds:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So the entire article boils downs to the Mariners suck balls at trades except for the possibility of the Cano trade making up for all of them if Kelenic turns out to be as advertised. The Segura and Haniger trade right now is an ultimate fail because Marte has become a bonafide star and Walker could’ve been flipped for something else. Not sure how many people will agree but O’Neill was the top position playing prospect and still should’ve been traded for more than at best a number 3 starter.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how many people will agree but O’Neill was the top position playing prospect and still should’ve been traded for more than at best a number 3 starter.

Agreed.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the entire article boils downs to the Mariners suck balls at trades except for the possibility of the Cano trade making up for all of them if Kelenic turns out to be as advertised. The Segura and Haniger trade right now is an ultimate fail because Marte has become a bonafide star and Walker could’ve been flipped for something else. Not sure how many people will agree but O’Neill was the top position playing prospect and still should’ve been traded for more than at best a number 3 starter.

Yeah the Kelenic/Cano swap has the potential to make up for a lot of wrong but its the Mariners so I wont hold my breath just yet.

Segura had a couple good years but they didnt really lead to team success which is the ultimate goal. I guess maybe you look at this as Crawford and Haniger for Marte but we will see. Walker I'm not sure was traded at the correct time but I guess thats a different convo

They got lucky with O'Neil for Gonzalez. I think O'Neil was only a top prospect in this system which is the kicker.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Kelenic/Cano swap has the potential to make up for a lot of wrong but its the Mariners so I wont hold my breath just yet.

Segura had a couple good years but they didnt really lead to team success which is the ultimate goal. I guess maybe you look at this as Crawford and Haniger for Marte but we will see. Walker I'm not sure was traded at the correct time but I guess thats a different convo

They got lucky with O'Neil for Gonzalez. I think O'Neil was only a top prospect in this system which is the kicker.

I think Marte has now outplayed Segura. The Haniger thing I still think is at best a slight negative. I just think on an valuation mark you cannot deal a top 5 prospect in baseball for an older prospect and a SS that the Diamondbacks had no room for at the time. But I consider Walker kind of like O’Neill where I think the Mariners got raped on the value they got back.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Getting tired of Haniger's endless string of injuries. The potential is there to be an all star for the next 4-5 years, but he seems destined to be forever health challenged.

Trade him.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting tired of Haniger's endless string of injuries. The potential is there to be an all star for the next 4-5 years, but he seems destined to be forever health challenged.

Trade him.
To be fair, his injuries are obscene. He took a fast ball to the face and then a foul ball for ruptured testicle. These are freak injuries. His current injury is a by product of pushing too hard to come back from the ruptured nut.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, his injuries are obscene. He took a fast ball to the face and then a foul ball for ruptured testicle. These are freak injuries. His current injury is a by product of pushing too hard to come back from the ruptured nut.
I get it. I understand. But there seems to be some players cursed by the injury bug and he seems to be one of them. I have no doubt that if we traded him, he'd play in 810 games straight and make five all star teams. But if he stays here, he's just going to keep getting hurt over and over because, the Mariners are also cursed. And not just cursed with a history of bad ownership and management but also cursed with bad luck in general.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trade him.

Makes no sense to trade him now. Value is shit. The time to do it would have been 12 months ago. Now you hope he does good enough to warrant a trade later in the year or show he can be a piece in the rebuild

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. I understand. But there seems to be some players cursed by the injury bug and he seems to be one of them. I have no doubt that if we traded him, he'd play in 810 games straight and make five all star teams. But if he stays here, he's just going to keep getting hurt over and over because, the Mariners are also cursed. And not just cursed with a history of bad ownership and management but also cursed with bad luck in general.
And now we are hearing that there is no timeline for Haniger's return and he could be our until mid season. Geezuz. Stick a fork in him.