• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dear South Carolina, what happened?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF happened there? While Clemson was still Clemsoning these guys were racking up 11-2 seasons and getting big time recruits. Had Spurrier and were true competitors within the SEC East. The S-E-C...

Suddenly, Spurrier loses it faster than his visors hit the ground. Next thing you know South Carolina is at the bottom of the SEC East and Clemson has built a monster.

Matte Black

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chicken Curse happened. It always reigns supreme.

txTIGER1963

ONE TOKE OVER THE LINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 417.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOS got lazy, left a big pile of shit to clean up

we got Dabo

complete polar opposites on recruiting

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF happened there? While Clemson was still Clemsoning these guys were racking up 11-2 seasons and getting big time recruits. Had Spurrier and were true competitors within the SEC East. The S-E-C...

Suddenly, Spurrier loses it faster than his visors hit the ground. Next thing you know South Carolina is at the bottom of the SEC East and Clemson has built a monster.

Really is pretty simple. Started around 2012, but we still had plenty of talent, as well as the HBC calling plays, to overcome it. SOS gave that professional baby making machine, Spurrier Jr., almost complete control of the majority of the behind the scenes football operations business. Started coming home to roost in 2014 & then hit bottom in 2015.

The promotion of Lorenzo Ward to defensive coordinator was the biggest leak that sprung. Carolina had the field talent & offensive play calling to win the whole shebang in 2012. Ward as defensive coordinator kept it from happening.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOS got lazy, left a big pile of shit to clean up

we got Dabo

complete polar opposites on recruiting

SOS got lazy? Look at the years they won 11 games, their non conference games were awful, and this was before Clemson got really good.

Pegleggedgreg

fantastic man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SOS got lazy? Look at the years they won 11 games, their non conference games were awful, and this was before Clemson got really good.

While it can certainly be confused with strength of schedule (SOS) that's often discussed on college football forums, in this instance SOS is Stephen Orr Spurrier's initials. I don't know where, when, or how it started but at some point SOS became a common way to refer to Spurrier around the Carolinas.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In Carolina’s 11 win seasons, Tillman went to the Orange Bowl twice & the Peach Bowl once. Those were double digit winning Tillman teams.

JohnstoneC8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it can certainly be confused with strength of schedule (SOS) that's often discussed on college football forums, in this instance SOS is Stephen Orr Spurrier's initials. I don't know where, when, or how it started but at some point SOS became a common way to refer to Spurrier around the Carolinas.

I miss that crotchedy old bastard.

I read that Dabo signed a meme pic somebody had in a restaurant in Cola a couple days ago while visiting a recruit. Was a pic of SOS as 'daddy' spanking Dabo, lol. Those two had a good thing going with the feud.

jackrabbit slim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss that crotchedy old bastard.

I read that Dabo signed a meme pic somebody had in a restaurant in Cola a couple days ago while visiting a recruit. Was a pic of SOS as 'daddy' spanking Dabo, lol. Those two had a good thing going with the feud.
Spurrier stopped recruiting 3 years before he quit on us midseason. Spurrier hated recruiting and his ego made him think recruits would come to him. He fucked our program over and set us back years.

JohnstoneC8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurrier stopped recruiting 3 years before he quit on us midseason. Spurrier hated recruiting and his ego made him think recruits would come to him. He fucked our program over and set us back years.

Agreed, no argument here.

Handing the recruiting lead to Junior was just a bad idea, and yes I think you guys (well, staff I mean) rested on their laurels a little too long on the recruiting trail. Gotta keep at it - there's too many schools that are aggressive in their recruiting pitches, and these kids want the attention before they sign.

jackrabbit slim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, no argument here.

Handing the recruiting lead to Junior was just a bad idea, and yes I think you guys (well, staff I mean) rested on their laurels a little too long on the recruiting trail. Gotta keep at it - there's too many schools that are aggressive in their recruiting pitches, and these kids want the attention before they sign.
Exactly. Holtz tried his best to turn the program over to Skip before he retired. Spurrier intended to do the same with Jr.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got lazy recruiting, made Spurrier Jr a recruiting coordinator, whiffed on talent evaluation in general, made Lorenzo Ward a DC, finger-banged complacency, and made Lorenzo Ward a DC.
You gotta finger BLAST complacency boy!