• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dear God

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers are "hot" only because they finished the season with 3 games against their own sorry division and the Browns.

The Cards have a fine chance to win this. It could go either way.

I hear ya' but to be fair, you can pick apart any team entering the playoffs on a winning streak.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya' but to be fair, you can pick apart any team entering the playoffs on a winning streak.

Well let's be as fair as we can then. The Panthers played 4 below average to bad teams to end the season but managed to win them all. By a slight margin, they're the best team in a poor division. I think it's misleading to give them credit for being "hot".

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's be as fair as we can then. The Panthers played 4 below average to bad teams to end the season but managed to win them all. By a slight margin, they're the best team in a poor division. I think it's misleading to give them credit for being "hot".

:agree:

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should we also then look at the powerful offenses the Seahawks played the last 5 or 6 games of the years and the QBs that ran those offenses before we say the Seahawks have the best defense in the history of the NFL

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we also then look at the powerful offenses the Seahawks played the last 5 or 6 games of the years and the QBs that ran those offenses before we say the Seahawks have the best defense in the history of the NFL

Yes.

I'm not in here saying that, ether.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude seriously? You signed Carson freaking injured Palmer, wtf did you think was gonna happen against the best Ds in the NFL?

I like Carson and wish him well, but that dude has been an injury prone nightmare since his 3rd season with the Bungals.

No sympathy for Arizona on this one. I do feel for Drew Stanton (another injury prone nightmare) but c'mon.

This is like signing Warren Moon and NOT expecting a fumble.
114768-pump-your-breaks-kid-that-mans-kMnh.gif

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should we? Everyone already has been.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other question that should come along with that is what do you think an elite defense should do against those offenses? 39 points allowed in 6 games. 1 legit TD drive in 6 games that wasn't aided by a short field from a turnover (only 3 TDs given up total anyway).

Bad offenses? Sure. The worst offense in the league over the last 5 games of the season is the Browns in terms of PPG with 11. The Hawks have given up 6.6 per game in the last 6, so whoever played the Hawks for the last month and a half has been on average more than a FG worse than the worst offense in the league.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude seriously? You signed Carson freaking injured Palmer, wtf did you think was gonna happen against the best Ds in the NFL?

I like Carson and wish him well, but that dude has been an injury prone nightmare since his 3rd season with the Bungals.

No sympathy for Arizona on this one. I do feel for Drew Stanton (another injury prone nightmare) but c'mon.

This is like signing Warren Moon and NOT expecting a fumble.

Since 2009' Carson Palmer has started 16, 16, 10, 15, 16 games each year. Before 2009 (when he had the major knee injury, he started almost every game. Know your facts before you post nonsense.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what that has do with anything. The Seahawks have shown to have a good defense even against elite QB's. The Panthers were 3-8-1 outside of this 4 game stretch against their division and the Browns, so they havent shown anything against playoff caliber teams. The only playoff team the Panthers beat was the Lions back in week 2.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I love it. A thread about Zona v Carolina ends up about the Seahawks.

This game is not a lock. Under the circumstances Carolina SHOULD win by 10, but Carolina has shown the ability to lay a major egg at the most inopportune time. I am encouraged by the way they played in Atlanta in a must win situation.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Cards to win this one, Parcells says; you are what your record says you are and Carolina is a 7-9 team, and the only team they beat that was worth their salt was the Lions in week 2......
Zona is a 10-6 team that has beat the Lions, Eagles, Chiefs and the Cowboys....
I think Zona wins this one handily, even with Lindley, and Stanton comes back for round 2.....

7-8-1*

I love it. A thread about Zona v Carolina ends up about the Seahawks.

This game is not a lock. Under the circumstances Carolina SHOULD win by 10, but Carolina has shown the ability to lay a major egg at the most inopportune time. I am encouraged by the way they played in Atlanta in a must win situation.

Thanks to a butt hurt GB fan.

On topic, ARZ played well against SF and if they can stay away from turnovers, they should have a good chance against the Panthers, but I still like CAR in this one.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You beat me to it :suds:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-8-1*

Thanks to a butt hurt GB fan.

On topic, ARZ played well against SF and if they can stay away from turnovers, they should have a good chance against the Panthers, but I still like CAR in this one.

Didn't a Panthers fan post that??

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other question that should come along with that is what do you think an elite defense should do against those offenses? 39 points allowed in 6 games. 1 legit TD drive in 6 games that wasn't aided by a short field from a turnover (only 3 TDs given up total anyway).

Bad offenses? Sure. The worst offense in the league over the last 5 games of the season is the Browns in terms of PPG with 11. The Hawks have given up 6.6 per game in the last 6, so whoever played the Hawks for the last month and a half has been on average more than a FG worse than the worst offense in the league.

Excellent post. Not surprised that these morons glossed over it.

"But the QB - derp, derp, derp..."

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its funny how people want to nit pick the Seahawks defense with the QBs theyve faced. But they dont nit pick QBs with the defenses they face. Their jaws drop when Rodgers lights up the Bears, or last year when Denver set récords against a bunch of cupcake defenses. But the Seahawks late defensive prowess? Thats all due to lack of quality opponents.:rollseyes:

The fact is there is only a small handful of top tier QBs to face off against. And even less top tier defenses.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pulling for the Cardinals. The football gods have bent them over and it does suck. Here's to Lindley having the best game of his career.

I agree but it will need to be the best game of his life I'm afraid.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny how people want to nit pick the Seahawks defense with the QBs theyve faced. But they dont nit pick QBs with the defenses they face. Their jaws drop when Rodgers lights up the Bears, or last year when Denver set récords against a bunch of cupcake defenses. But the Seahawks late defensive prowess? Thats all due to lack of quality opponents.:rollseyes:

The fact is there is only a small handful of top tier QBs to face off against. And even less top tier defenses.

Romo 1 - Seattle 0 this year......

After they beat Rodgers and Manning.....