• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dean Blandino admits officials blew call

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. How you determined I can dish it and not take it from that series of posts is beyond me. I was responding to GnG's posts in which he said... Any person that complains about bad officiating is a loser (or something to that effect). He is essentially calling 90% of NFL fans losers. It required a jab response.

I got it from you calling in history and then getting snippy when I do the same.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funnyfrom a Cardinal fan. Dallas still has more fans in your state than you do.
Scooby is butt-hurt because he's a fan of a perennial loser.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scooby is butt-hurt because he's a fan of a perennial loser.

Keep going back to the well with your smack talk. It's all you will have to cling to when the Cowboys get bounced next week. The Cowboys and their 2 wildcard wins in the past couple of decades isn't even half of what the "perennial losers" have accomplished.

BTW - Should I start a Cowboys have 5 rings thread for you now or will you take care of it after the loss?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep going back to the well with your smack talk. It's all you will have to cling to when the Cowboys get bounced next week. The Cowboys and their 2 wildcard wins in the past couple of decades isn't even half of what the "perennial losers" have accomplished.

BTW - Should I start a Cowboys have 5 rings thread for you now or will you take care of it after the loss?

When the argument is Dallas vs Zona, don't even need to recall the rings. Dallas already rents space for free in the minds of all Zona fans, don't need to point out the obvious. :suds:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the argument is Dallas vs Zona, don't even need to recall the rings. Dallas already rents space for free in the minds of all Zona fans, don't need to point out the obvious. :suds:

You may not, but simpletons like guns don't have the wherewithal to conjure up witty smack talk.

BTW- you might want to considering using some of that rent money you are getting from Zona fans and buy some home field victories. Zona actually wins the majority of their home games. It's called Home field advantage. Teams with solid fan bases actually have it. :suds:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may not, but simpletons like guns don't have the wherewithal to conjure up witty smack talk.

BTW- you might want to considering using some of that rent money you are getting from Zona fans and buy some home field victories. Zona actually wins the majority of their home games. It's called Home field advantage. Teams with solid fan bases actually have it. :suds:

Ah yes, I'm aware of home field advantage. We used it this week to remain in the playoffs.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they shouldn't have picked up the flag. I think everyone knows that.

But that doesn't matter. The Lions had a ton of opportunities to make plays after that. Go for it on 4th down. Don't shank the punt. Make a stop on defense. Drive down and retake the lead. They failed in all 3 phases of the game after that. No one to blame for that loss but themselves.

Easy There Belichick! :lol:

But yes, the Lions had every opportunity to win regardless of that call/non call. I think everyone knows it shouldn't have been picked up though.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy There Belichick! :lol:

But yes, the Lions had every opportunity to win regardless of that call/non call. I think everyone knows it shouldn't have been picked up though.

Hey now! There's no need for name calling! :suds:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Lions fans that I've read here have said that play cost the Lions the game. They had their chances and couldn't get it done. There are blown calls every game but this was no ordinary blown call which is why it's received so much publicity. I don't understand why you guys just can't admit you received a big undeserved break and be happy you're moving on.

This is just an exercise in damage control here by Blandino anyway when he says there was no D PI but there was holding. Of course there was D PI. Everyone saw it. The only reason he admits to the D hold is because it's absolutely undeniable. There are photos showing him hanging onto Pettigrew's jersey as he tried to run downfield. PI is always a "judgement" call so he can dodge that one.

About your first paragraph, that's an honorable approach to take because so many act like the game was only that call. I would add, however, that while I understand that blown calls are everywhere in a game and the fact that it was at the end of the game doesn't really change things if the refs were making their best judgment, it's just bad luck when it happened. But for those who believe it was fixed, it wouldn't be a blown call at any time, it was a fixing call at the right time.

Not a conspiracy theorist, I'm just saying a big part of the anger ISN'T that it was a blown call that hurt the Lions, but rather that some believe it was an intentional correction of a flag to give a better chance for who they wanted to win.

Now, who are they going to favor between Rodgers and Jerry? ;) I assume they are rooting for an over-exaggerated Romo meltdown that is less common than people act.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I finally read the article. So the Head Official is basically agreeing that the flag should have been picked up since he said PI should NOT have been called?

Yes, I saw that he said defensive holding should have been called, but that was clearly missed by everyone on the field and wasn't even part of the on field discussion.