• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dean Blandino admits officials blew call

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's nitpicking to point out the NFL admitting a mistake was made on a crucial, momentum shifting call in a playoff game.
There are blown calls in almost every game. Big deal.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me that if it would have been called (or not called) AGAINST Dallas, GnG would not consider it nitpicking :noidea:
I have never complained about the officiating and I dare you to find any posts of mine where I ever whined about it. Only losers cry over that.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never complained about the officiating and I dare you to find any posts of mine where I ever whined about it. Only losers cry over that.

What's your point. The Cowboys have been losers for the better part of 2 decades. Does that mean they have been whining about the officials for that long?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are blown calls in every game but you choose to nitpick about this one.

No Lions fans that I've read here have said that play cost the Lions the game. They had their chances and couldn't get it done. There are blown calls every game but this was no ordinary blown call which is why it's received so much publicity. I don't understand why you guys just can't admit you received a big undeserved break and be happy you're moving on.

This is just an exercise in damage control here by Blandino anyway when he says there was no D PI but there was holding. Of course there was D PI. Everyone saw it. The only reason he admits to the D hold is because it's absolutely undeniable. There are photos showing him hanging onto Pettigrew's jersey as he tried to run downfield. PI is always a "judgement" call so he can dodge that one.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the credit of Lions fans they don't seem to be the ones bitching. As a dyed in the wool Cowboys fan, my opinion is slanted, but there are 60 minutes in a football game and you have to play them all. Bad calls and no calls happen every week in every game. Bitchin' and crying about it will not change a damn thing, Dallas is headed for the Frozen Tundra and Detroit is headed back to Detroit....(God help them). To paraphrase the great Edward R. Murrow, "That's the way it is".

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the credit of Lions fans they don't seem to be the ones bitching. As a dyed in the wool Cowboys fan, my opinion is slanted, but there are 60 minutes in a football game and you have to play them all. Bad calls and no calls happen every week in every game. Bitchin' and crying about it will not change a damn thing, Dallas is headed for the Frozen Tundra and Detroit is headed back to Detroit....(God help them). To paraphrase the great Edward R. Murrow, "That's the way it is".
Steve... Are you going to get that new avi for winning the bet against The Confidante?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your point. The Cowboys have been losers for the better part of 2 decades. Does that mean they have been whining about the officials for that long?
You have never heard me whine but you've been crying about an insignificant call since yesterday.

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What it boils down to ...

Detroit didn't go for it on 4th and 1 on the Dallas side of the 50 ...
Detroit ... 10 yard punt ..
Dallas goes for it on 4th and 6 ... Detroit doesn't stop them ...
Detroit should have buried the Boys early in the 3rd ... didn't get it done
Detroit allows not one, but two sacks with a strip of the ball on the final drive ...
Detroit had 23+ more plays and didn't get it done ...

in the end, this game wasn't decided by this one call ... or non-call, however you wish to look at it. Did it change the complexion of the game ... depends on how you want to look at it ... one could say Detroit 3, Dallas 17 for the 2nd half would be more of the accounting for what happened ... a Tale of Two Halves ... so to speak.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if I should push the issue. Confidante proved himself to be a little bitch and he has been conspicuously absent today. Don't want to push my agenda on the Mods. It's not my board so respect for the guys doing the work and paying the bills has to come first. That being said if my "Little Bitch" shows up mouthing off again I'll pull the pin and go after her.:exploding:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different mentality knowing all you need is a fg and knowing you must score a td

For 3.5 quarters all they could get was 6 points. Doesn't matter what they thought they needed.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's nitpicking to point out the NFL admitting a mistake was made on a crucial, momentum shifting call in a playoff game.

Only crucial because they didn't do anything else in the game to merit a win. Had detroit won, no one would think that was a crucial call.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funnyfrom a Cardinal fan. Dallas still has more fans in your state than you do.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Lions fans that I've read here have said that play cost the Lions the game. They had their chances and couldn't get it done. There are blown calls every game but this was no ordinary blown call which is why it's received so much publicity. I don't understand why you guys just can't admit you received a big undeserved break and be happy you're moving on.

This is just an exercise in damage control here by Blandino anyway when he says there was no D PI but there was holding. Of course there was D PI. Everyone saw it. The only reason he admits to the D hold is because it's absolutely undeniable. There are photos showing him hanging onto Pettigrew's jersey as he tried to run downfield. PI is always a "judgement" call so he can dodge that one.

Confidante said it. Your point is invalidated :)

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have never heard me whine but you've been crying about an insignificant call since yesterday.

I'm not crying at all. As a matter of fact I am on record saying regardless of any call, if you have a 13 point lead late in the third, you need to pull out the victory.

The only thing I have an issue with is the officials making the game about them.

BTW- To say the call was insignificant is just stupid. If it was insignificant, every media outlet and the greater population of all NFL fans wouldn't be talking about it. You are trying to make it less than it is. Show some class, and admit some luck and good fortune came the Cowboys way yesterday.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now you want to make it about the Cardinals? Stay on point.

And for the record, the number of fans in any given region whether it be in AZ or not, has zero impact on how I feel about my favorite team. Just because a certain fan base has more bandwagon fans than another means nothing. Nice try though.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now you want to make it about the Cardinals? Stay on point.

And for the record, the number of fans in any given region whether it be in AZ or not, has zero impact on how I feel about my favorite team. Just because a certain fan base has more bandwagon fans than another means nothing. Nice try though.

I'll take "People who can grab tangents and dish out shit, but can't take it" for $1000 Alec.
"Who is Scooby-Doo?"
"Correct!"

Bring up history as if it has anything to do with yesterdays game, I do the same talking about your team, and "stay on point". Too funny. Dallas has lots of fans in AZ because for a while you had no team, and then when you did the locals still wished they didn't. It was that way until about the mid-2000's.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take "People who can grab tangents and dish out shit, but can't take it" for $1000 Alec.
"Who is Scooby-Doo?"
"Correct!"

Bring up history as if it has anything to do with yesterdays game, I do the same talking about your team, and "stay on point". Too funny. Dallas has lots of fans in AZ because for a while you had no team, and then when you did the locals still wished they didn't. It was that way until about the mid-2000's.

LOL. How you determined I can dish it and not take it from that series of posts is beyond me. I was responding to GnG's posts in which he said... Any person that complains about bad officiating is a loser (or something to that effect). He is essentially calling 90% of NFL fans losers. It required a jab response.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps some "changes" for the next set of games?