• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deal for Mike Wallace?

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crazy story there guys but if it's true take him he's not worth half that,,,,,,,

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol yeah obviously fake. Way to much money and the way the last 2 paragraphs sound. Just not right. lol

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad its april fools I almost threw up

jakea31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just look at the side stories. Here is one of them:

"Tim Tebow hints that he is offended by Rex Ryan's "potty mouth""

lol

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you delete the url up to .net it says april fools

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol they do one of these every year

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No receiver in the game is worth $17.5M a year. They could have at least made the details a bit more believable.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No receiver in the game is worth $17.5M a year. They could have at least made the details a bit more believable.

They were being kind, they didn't want to cause harm when we thought it was true or found out that it wasn't. They were being obvious to show mercy on us. This kind of shows that pranks are not for them, they blinked.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another April Fool's Article (no I don't have any interest in trying to make this one seem real - plus, I'm not the author. PLUS, if I posted this as a new thread, despite the obvius April Fool's Day, we'd get references to this article throughout the year to plant the seed that Harbaugh doesn't like Kaep - just to prop up Alex Smith.)

San Francisco Losing Faith in Kaepernick

In the comment section, I added some to make it more ridiculous (but possible):

Niners Confirm Injuries to Two QBs - "A source in the 49ers organization confirms the team may seek disciplinary action against coach Jim Harbaugh after a bonding event he organized went awry, leaving the team without two of its signal-callers for the season. Furthermore, the insurance companies for the quarterbacks are declining coverage for non-football activities not protected by the player's insurance plans. Three quarterbacks on the Niners' roster participated in a racquetball tournament at the coach's request, although none had previous playing experience. According to witnesses, top backup Colin Kaepernick took a particularly hard swing that apparently struck starter Alex Smith in the eye, shattering his protective goggles and requiring season-ending surgery for the newly re-signed veteran. The blow also tore several of Kaepernick's elbow tendons; the second-year player will visit Dr. Frank Jobe today. A court appointed arbitrator is set to hear whether the racquetball game was team-related. The team argues that the game was one in which the 49ers organization was not involved. The decision to play racquetball was Jim Harbaugh's choice as an individual, not representative of the Niners. Alex and Kaepernick may have felt compelled to participate due to Harbaugh's insistence on competition in everything, in fear that declining participation would result in Josh Johnson ruining the season for all with his 1-2 TD/Int ratio. Ironically, the "accident" leaves the team with Josh Johnson and Scott Tolzien its only quarterbacking options - the exact result on which Smith and Kaepernick were trying to avoid."

Last edited by a moderator:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:peep:

Megatron maybe???

I wouldn't. WR's as single players don't impact the game enough to be worth that much of the salary cap. Johnson is a great player, and one of the best WR's in the game, but he needs somebody to throw the ball to him, somebody to block for the guy throwing to him, somebody to run to take some of the coverage off of him, and somebody to play defense. If the Lions start thinking about giving a WR that much money, I guarantee they'll never fix their problems on defense.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't. WR's as single players don't impact the game enough to be worth that much of the salary cap. Johnson is a great player, and one of the best WR's in the game, but he needs somebody to throw the ball to him, somebody to block for the guy throwing to him, somebody to run to take some of the coverage off of him, and somebody to play defense. If the Lions start thinking about giving a WR that much money, I guarantee they'll never fix their problems on defense.

Didn't the Lions sign him to a huge mega-deal? Think he's getting 16+ a year now.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we could afford him with our salary cap situation anyways. Terrible joke.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
On a related topic NFL.com just reported that Michael Crabtree was a good draft pick. :)

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wish I could see Mike Wallace's reaction...

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Lions sign him to a huge mega-deal? Think he's getting 16+ a year now.

That would be a bad idea. Detroit went 10-6 with an all world WR and a pro bowl QB. We went 13-3 with garbage at both. Giving a guy who averages 6 touches and 1 TD a game that kind of money is suicide.