• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DE Yannick Ngakoue

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really looks like Yannick will be traded prior to the draft to somebody ... obviously he will get a new long term deal at over 20 mil per with his new team (probably around 22). It sounds like the longer this drags on for the Jags, the lesser the asking price. What is the most you guys would be willing to give up in trade for him?

From what I've heard, DE Derrick Barnett would be part of any trade for him as the Eagles are going to have to pick up his 2021 option anyhoo as a 1st rounder (not sure what that Cap number would be for 2021).

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would someone please tell me how to pronounce Ngakoue.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'd like to keep this year's 1st, if possible: so our 2nd (#53; one 4th (127), and next year's 2nd, plus Barnett, or something like that. It is a big haul, but one that we can live with. We need to have some picks to get two Wr's this year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think I'm giving a first and Barnett and all that money.

I would give a 1st straight up.

I would give Barnett and a 2nd for Ngakoue and a 2021 4th.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the most I would give up is Barnett and a 2nd. Barnett's still just 23 and will only count for a bit over 2 mil for 2020 and 10 mil for 2021 when his 5th year option is picked up. He can still come into his own this year and even though he's not as good as Yannick, he can still be a very serviceable starter with upside at an average of around 6 mil per season for the next 2 years. Plus they get a 2nd rounder for a player everyone knows will be traded. The Jags are back to rebuild and are not looking to pay out that kind of contract to Yannick at this point in time.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think I'm giving a first and Barnett and all that money.

I would give a 1st straight up.

I would give Barnett and a 2nd for Ngakoue and a 2021 4th.
This is more what I was thinking. No matter what, we would have to deal a player in any trade now due to cap space.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a scenario where we trade our 2021 1st and Barnett, It would appease the Jags desire to get the 1st they want for Yannick, we keep our top picks this year to take advantage of the deep WR class, and they would get a young player in Barnett who I think is average anyway. We are already over the top talented inside the the DL, Yannick would be the Edge guy we need that would take the defense to another level.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a scenario where we trade our 2021 1st and Barnett, It would appease the Jags desire to get the 1st they want for Yannick, we keep our top picks this year to take advantage of the deep WR class, and they would get a young player in Barnett who I think is average anyway. We are already over the top talented inside the the DL, Yannick would be the Edge guy we need that would take the defense to another level.
What about moving Malik Jackson instead of Barnett? Gotta have depth at DE and Graham is no spring chicken.

I don't like giving up a future first, what happens if Wentz gets hurt week 4 and we go 6-10? Now we just fucked ourselves and gave up a top 10 pick.

Last edited:

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cap hit would be astronomical and just not possible unless the Eagles could unload a big contract on the DL and that isn’t likely.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about moving Malik Jackson instead of Barnett? Gotta have depth at DE and Graham is no spring chicken.

I don't like giving up a future first, what happens if Wentz gets hurt week 4 and we go 6-10? Now we just fucked ourselves and gave up a top 10 pick.

Do you mean trade Jackson back to Jacksonville instead of Barnett? I don't know if they would want that, they would covet the younger player. It looks like the Eagles are going to roll with Jackson one more season, he will probably play a Darren Howard type role as an inside/outside piece in Schwartz's "Jumbo" and "NASCAR" packages... then he gets cut for cap relief going into 2021.

You're right, I'm not really down for trading a 1st, I was just throwing out an idea that would make sense for sides... the more I think about it, the less enthused I am about having to give up big draft compensation plus the salary... If he really wants to play with the Eagles that badly (as his social media posts would suggest), he can sign outright as a UFA next off-season.

Or maybe we get lucky and find a mid-round gem to fit into the DE rotation; Raiders drafted Maxx Crosby in the 4th round last year and he ended up with 10 sacks and 4 FFs... Howie needs to make magic happen, the youth transition needs to start in this draft.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe we get lucky and find a mid-round gem to fit into the DE rotation; Raiders drafted Maxx Crosby in the 4th round last year and he ended up with 10 sacks and 4 FFs... Howie needs to make magic happen, the youth transition needs to start in this draft.
That's nice. We drafted a 3rd round DE that had a sack total of 0.0.

Fly Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Draft Network

Informative article from The draft network about Ngakoue. Basically, it says the Jags the longer they hold out on their demands for a large haul will, in the end, will bring diminished assets. I don't think the Eagles are done with this yet. Either that or they are going to stand pat with the DL and trade up for one of the big three WR's. I don't know about the rest of you gents but I feel "Rosy" has something brewing.

Fly Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ngakoue just interviewed on NFL Live...sure sounds like he wants to come to Philly. NBC Sports Philly just had a write up on it. This roster is far from done.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be happy adding more DLine talent.

Can we finagle any of their WRs? They have 5 guys that are better than any of ours.
Chark - untouchable
Westbrook - probably untouchable
Lee
Conley
Cole

Can we get any of the others for about 5th round value? The WRs available that late won't be able to help in 2020.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ngakoue just interviewed on NFL Live...sure sounds like he wants to come to Philly. NBC Sports Philly just had a write up on it. This roster is far from done.

It might be.

We have cap problems for next season, so Howie may very well carry over a bunch to help with that.
Depends on who they can cut/trade/restructure to alleviate.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yannick being traded to "someone" within the next 24 hours ... the team he's being traded to has not been announced yet.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hope:

We certainly need him, since Barnett is hurt again. I doubt that Barnett will pan out to be a good player. Certainly not worthy of a 1st round pick. (As usual).