• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davontae Harris Appreciation Thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we finally came to the conclusion that Bausby is a better option for us.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver should put in a claim for Takk

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver should put in a claim for Takk

He failed his physical with the Bengals and if he truly is a lockerroom problem do we really want that on our team? With our Offense?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my guess but I bet Spencer called “peter” and Harris complety missed the call. Almost caused a fumble

Not to mention his terrible CB skills

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40+ pass attempts The last four games
25 in the first half last week in a 10-7 game
Not going to win with a young QB throwing 40+
where are the screens, end around , smoke
Routes, slants easier passss to pick up 4 yards

Benching OJM

Waiving a cover corner for a ST guy who gets burned against ATl Then cut.

These coaches are not helping this team win

vic is not the HC of the defense
He’s the HC

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40+ pass attempts The last four games
25 in the first half last week in a 10-7 game
Not going to win with a young QB throwing 40+
where are the screens, end around , smoke
Routes, slants easier passss to pick up 4 yards

Benching OJM

Waiving a cover corner for a ST guy who gets burned against ATl Then cut.

These coaches are not helping this team win

vic is not the HC of the defense
He’s the HC

I completely agree with the your most your comments.

To me we don't have timing on the many of our plays, and the screen game take more timing and coordination. I think this is where missing OTAs and the limited training camp hurts. We did throw a TE screen against the Raiders and Fant turned it back into the middle of the field instead of going to the outside where his blockers were.

Broncos Country Tonight on 11/17 touched on the things that Shurmur is doing that is hurting Locks ability to be successful in the passing game. One of them is the formation with WRs tight to the Oline. It helps the Defense disguise their blitz. Other things that have been brought up on Broncos Country Tonight that makes sense to me is Lock excels when doing play action and playing at tempo, like his passer rating is 40 points higher. The Broncos are at the bottom of the league on both. The other thing that is brought up consistently on Broncos Country Tonight is the lack of motion pre-snap.

The running game needs to be successful.

The offense needs to take the view point of you are not going to go broke by taking a profit, especially on 1st down. If we get 5+ on 1st down then we can take our shot on 2nd down. The other thing that bothered me with the play calling. We ran it 3 straight times and got a first down. What do we do on the 1st down? Run it. Seemed like a prime time to do a play action pass as the Raiders were going to expect run given the recent success. Same goes with the passing game. It seems Shurmur falls in love with one type of play calling and doesn't use the success in one area to take advantage of the opponent with the other aspect. We don't do enough to keep defenses off balance. I think there are opportunities, but we do not take advantage of those.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the bunch formations. It's old school kind of football. Make the defense have to play the entire field, especially with the young speed that we have with Hamler, Jeudy, and Fant. Bunch formations works when you only do it like 4 to 5 times a game where you want to set-up a pick-play, crossers, but you shouldn't base your offense on it.

Your exactly right, that is what I was preaching early in the season about Shurmur's old school offense. This offense doesn't benefit a young quarterback with a shaky o-line. Putting guys in motion not only helps to read a defense between zone or man, but it allows the motion man to get separation from corners at the line of scrimmage from pressing. The Raiders were pressing the majority of the time and most teams are doing this to us.

Sutton and Patrick a little are the only receivers that beat press coverage on this team with any kind of regularity. Jeudy does okay against press, but he and Hamler are much more effective with some space to use that athleticism.

Just my 2 cents!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens claimed Davontae off waivers.

Bausby will clear covid protocols this week where he couldn’t play last week. Harris honestlt hasn’t done much on ST’s and that was really why we claimed him from Cincy last year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also cut Nigel Bradham off the PS. Apparently the vet was tired of sitting on the PS and we signed former Clemson and Buccaneers TE Jordan Leggett.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adios Devantae Harris. See ya. I've always thought Bausby was better anyway