• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Davis Baas to be released

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say hell no. He's not an upgrade over Adam Snyder, Kilgore, or Looney. Hell, he's not better than Goodwin either and Goodwin was horrible. He wasn't any good the first he was here and seeing him play on that horrible Giants O can't make me think it's going to be any different this time even at a minimum deal.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'd say hell no. He's not an upgrade over Adam Snyder, Kilgore, or Looney. Hell, he's not better than Goodwin either and Goodwin was horrible. He wasn't any good the first he was here.

Ok now you're just making things up. The Giants wouldn't have signed Baas to one of the biggest center contracts in the NFL (wasn't it the biggest at the time?) if he weren't any good in SF. And he was great his first year in NY; he dominated Vince Wilfork in the Super Bowl.

And my little sister is an upgrade over Adam Snyder. And Looney hasn't proven anything in the NFL at all, so saying a veteran like Baas isn't better than Looney is a bit presumptuous.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The price is right... Sure why not?

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much does he have left with all those injuries? He only played three games last season. Will his body hold up? I would rather have the Niners draft a center and get younger.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How much does he have left with all those injuries? He only played three games last season. Will his body hold up? I would rather have the Niners draft a center and get younger.

Those are the questions aren't they? And I'd rather have a young guy too, but not just any young guy. I'd take Marcus Martin, Travis Samsonite or Brandon Thomas...

Baas played all 16 games in 2012 & had an injury-riddled 2013 season (that year for the NYG was a dumpster fire). So he might've just had a fluke, injury year that can heal rather than a career-ending thing.

I'm talking about bringing the guy in for extremely cheap (if he passes a physical of course). Because let's not get all confident in Daniel Kilgore before he proves that he doesn't suck (which he has yet to do). Same with Joe Looney.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok now you're just making things up. The Giants wouldn't have signed Baas to one of the biggest center contracts in the NFL (wasn't it the biggest at the time?) if he weren't any good in SF. And he was great his first year in NY; he dominated Vince Wilfork in the Super Bowl.

And my little sister is an upgrade over Adam Snyder. And Looney hasn't proven anything in the NFL at all, so saying a veteran like Baas isn't better than Looney is a bit presumptuous.

Just because someone gave a guy a big contract doesn't mean it was a great idea. We see all the time teams overpay and regret a contract. Just look at the guys taken off our team lately. (Goldson, Franklin, Soap, RJF, Josh Morgan)

Baas wasn't any good with us and his main problem is going up against guys with speed. He's fine against power guys (Wilfork), but any lineman with good quickness/gap penetration gives him problems. If he's been struggling against those horrible NFCE defenses I think he'd struggle bad to play the defenses that we play in the NFCW.

We'll disagree on Looney.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just because someone gave a guy a big contract doesn't mean it was a great idea. We see all the time teams overpay and regret a contract. Just look at the guys taken off our team lately. (Goldson, Franklin, Soap, RJF, Josh Morgan)

Baas wasn't any good with us and his main problem is going up against guys with speed. He's fine against power guys (Wilfork), but any lineman with good quickness/gap penetration gives him problems. If he's been struggling against those horrible NFCE defenses I think he'd struggle bad to play the defenses that we play in the NFCW.

We'll disagree on Looney.

We don't necessarily "disagree" on Looney; I'm not saying he sucks. I'm just saying he's proven nothing in the NFL at this point in his career (neither has Kilgore). The jury is still out.

But you're dead wrong about Baas. He was one of the better centers in the NFL towards the end of his 49er career & the first few years of his NYG career.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chamoanland, there's something about your name that makes me feel that you are a Seattle Seahawks fan. No, it's not the team emblems below your name being Washington based, it's when I see it on the threadlist as last reply. Weird. Are there Chamoans in Seattle?

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chamoanland, there's something about your name that makes me feel that you are a Seattle Seahawks fan. No, it's not the team emblems below your name being Washington based, it's when I see it on the threadlist as last reply. Weird. Are there Chamoans in Seattle?

Lol I picked the name for Chinese Samoan. There's a couple of us up here in Seattle. As for being a Hawks fan no that's not the case. My dad was in the military so spent alot of time traveling in Europe and on the one channel they had the team they mostly showed was the 49ers so I grew up a fan of the team. Dad retired in Washington State and I went to University of Washington and been here ever since. When the 49ers sucks so bad in the 2000's I actually tried to be a Hawk fan during their first superbowl run, but I just couldn't do it lol.

When we lost to Hawks in the playoffs this year I just completely tuned out talk radio, espn, nfl network, whatever until about a week ago.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I picked the name for Chinese Samoan. There's a couple of us up here in Seattle. As for being a Hawks fan no that's not the case. My dad was in the military so spent alot of time traveling in Europe and on the one channel they had the team they mostly showed was the 49ers so I grew up a fan of the team. Dad retired in Washington State and I went to University of Washington and been here ever since. When the 49ers sucks so bad in the 2000's I actually tried to be a Hawk fan during their first superbowl run, but I just couldn't do it lol.

When we lost to Hawks in the playoffs this year I just completely tuned out talk radio, espn, nfl network, whatever until about a week ago.

I thought it sounded like a fake group of people (fake meaning there was no such group, not that such group was bad). I looked it up: Urban Dictionary: cha'moan