• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Wilson advised to retire

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very unfortunate for him. He showed such promise coming out of college to be that next dynamic back in the league. Always hate to see a career cut short because of injuries. Hopefully he listens to his doctors and none of us want to see a player paralyzed or worse laying on the field. Can't see any team taking a chance against doctor's orders though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very unfortunate for him. He showed such promise coming out of college to be that next dynamic back in the league. Always hate to see a career cut short because of injuries. Hopefully he listens to his doctors and none of us want to see a player paralyzed or worse laying on the field. Can't see any team taking a chance against doctor's orders though.

This... Completely agree.

Sad thing, but lets be grateful they gave gim the advice now, instead of carrying him off the field on a stretcher. Maybe someday we'll see him on the sideline or in the booth or whatever he fancies now.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Lambert and Deacon Jones are somewhere shaking their head right now.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His remarks in the article posted in the OP indicate that won't happen. He seems to have a very philosophical and positive attitude about this development when he says: "“I don’t want anybody to feel sorry for me, or pity me,” said Wilson. “I lived my dream. A lot of people only get to dream their dream. I lived that dream. Now I have a chance to dream another dream and live that, too.”"

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope that's not a reference to today's players being lesser players than those two you mention.
Today's players are bigger, stronger and faster and hit with more force.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Given the same medical advice they'd have simply rubbed dirt on their necks, strapped on their helmets, and gotten back on the field?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got the feeling after hearing Coughlin last night's interview, had the impression Wilson was done...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the same medical advice they'd have simply rubbed dirt on their necks, strapped on their helmets, and gotten back on the field?

You said it, not me!

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:(

Sucks for DW so much. David is not the prototypical NFL douchebag. He's a really good down to Earth dude. Sucks ass.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Lambert would have played longer if he would have rubbed some of that same dirt on his toe.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really too bad. Kid had some burst and a good future ahead of him. 5'10" 205 lbs is on the small side but not ridiculously small. He took some pretty nasty hits though. Lot of vets will tell rookie/young RBs, STAY ON THE GROUND! Wilson went vertical quite a bit.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just watching some highlights...looks like he's done. As everyone says, too bad and he does seem like a great dude.

Holy shit, he did that double back flip from standing on a highlight reel :shocked:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just watching some highlights...looks like he's done. As everyone says, too bad and he does seem like a great dude.

Holy shit, he did that double back flip from standing on a highlight reel :shocked:

Pshhh.....

2 is a warmup for DW. Cam wasn't lying, he was a character at Tech and one of the easiest guys to root for. This video is pretty cool and shows his quirkiness and hilarity. He does about 7 backflips at about the 3:10 mark but the whole video is really good. Rare breed for sure. Tough spot for him but he will be successful somewhere in life for sure. This is a kid who has been wearing a shirt and tie to class since HS because he felt it was the respectful thing to do. I feel for him but know he has a lot of good stuff in front of him.

Check it:

Last edited by a moderator: